BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: mostly NA, sometimes turbo

Full AKRA & ENVY (CODE updated)

Hi guys, has anyone here with mods only on full AKRA and Full Envy intake.

i have been investigate this for a long time, after i install the Full akra, i could actually feel the car is way faster, and it spin at 6krpm 2 - 3gear. it has put a smile on my face for 3K km, and then i went for the full envy.

after the Full envy install with MS filter, for about 500KM, when i had my cruise control on, the car's engine checking light came on, then bought it to diagnostic, the msg is intake mass air sensor error. they reset it, and it was all right.
the main point is, i actually think the car is slower now, with somekind of lack during the RPM range as well. ( the reason i said it is slower, is becasue it doesnt even spin at 1-2 now at max rpm.

anyone with those 2 mods please? and does anyone know the reason to that please??

any input will be welcome, thanks

Last edited by ahtim; 02-10-2010 at 05:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Contact Eric@PYSpeed. They sell both, he may be able to help.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
KHOALTY
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would PM Eugene-TAIWAN, unless you bought the item from Eric@PYSPEED, he won't respond bc I tried emailing him and he ignored my email when I didn't buy my ENVY intake from him. I would contact Sam@Autotalent as he helped me out when I had issues with mine.

Eugene-TAIWAN had the same issue before but I think he solved it from doing a software tune on his car.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoa|Khoalty.com View Post
I would PM Eugene-TAIWAN, unless you bought the item from Eric@PYSPEED, he won't respond bc I tried emailing him and he ignored my email when I didn't buy my ENVY intake from him. I would contact Sam@Autotalent as he helped me out when I had issues with mine.

Eugene-TAIWAN had the same issue before but I think he solved it from doing a software tune on his car.
haha, thanks man, i am actually good frds with him, and i have spoke to him abt it, he ask me to get it mapped, but i somehow want to reallly solve the problem and know the problem, before trying to get a map.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtim View Post

i have been investigate this for a long time, after i install the Full akra, i could actually feel the car is way faster, and it spin at 6krpm 2 - 3gear. it has put a smile on my face for 3K km, and then i went for the full envy.

after the Full envy install with MS filter, for about 500KM, when i had my cruise control on, the car's engine checking light came on, then bought it to diagnostic, the msg is intake mass air sensor error. they reset it, and it was all right.
the main point is, i actually think the car is slower now, with somekind of lack during the RPM range as well. ( the reason i said it is slower, is becasue it doesnt even spin at 1-2 now at max rpm.

anyone with those 2 mods please? and does anyone know the reason to that please??

S65s do not utilize a MAF, are you sure this was the error reported?

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoa|Khoalty.com View Post

That's too bad. I doubt Eric ignored you, I've bought from him and is has been EXTREMELY responsive and gives out smoking deals
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
That's too bad. I doubt Eric ignored you, I've bought from him and is has been EXTREMELY responsive and gives out smoking deals
same thoughts here

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Yo Brother,

I even called up BMW for you and its not possible to have that kind of error.

It can ls be the vacum hose that connects to the charger pipe that came loose.

the that pipe has to be tight.

so check your installation and make sure everything is right.

your on the only with this kind of problem I have seen with an exhaust and intake set up.

talk soon

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 04:38 AM   #9
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep

O really? i didnt actually read the computer with the MAF error, but he told me it is the MAF error.....

but it couldnt really be the exhust, could it? coz i had the thing to trick the o2 sersor.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #10
PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BC Forged Wheels

Quote:

Hi ahtim,

In our general observation, while not paired with an Akrapovic system, our initial dynamometer tests indicate gains when paired with Meisterschaft GT exhaust systems - indicated in the total 18WHP gain over baseline (with just the exhaust system installed).

The issue of MAF errors appearing with use of our system is the first of its kind and hopefully the issue is duplicated? We've had many ENVY owners successfully install the intake system without issue or power loss when paired with other after-market exhausts. In this case, it may just be a random hiccup in the vehicle indicating errors.

The system definitely doesn't lose power, and in our dyno tests... have yet to lose power. Hope this help ~

Eric =)
PYSpeed.com
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com View Post
Hi ahtim,

In our general observation, while not paired with an Akrapovic system, our initial dynamometer tests indicate gains when paired with Meisterschaft GT exhaust systems - indicated in the total 18WHP gain over baseline (with just the exhaust system installed).

The issue of MAF errors appearing with use of our system is the first of its kind and hopefully the issue is duplicated? We've had many ENVY owners successfully install the intake system without issue or power loss when paired with other after-market exhausts. In this case, it may just be a random hiccup in the vehicle indicating errors.

The system definitely doesn't lose power, and in our dyno tests... have yet to lose power. Hope this help ~

Eric =)
PYSpeed.com
Thx eric for your reply, i was actually planning on try and error, i will undo the whole system, and try to fit the charge pipe first, with stock airbox and filter, and see how it goes, if it is allright, then i will fit the airbox as well with stock filter, then MS filter. do u think that is a good try to solve this problem, or at least i could know which bit cause powerloss.

do u think the fitment could cause hot air into engine? ( i mean the electric tape gap)

thx
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #12
PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BC Forged Wheels

Quote:
Thx eric for your reply, i was actually planning on try and error, i will undo the whole system, and try to fit the charge pipe first, with stock airbox and filter, and see how it goes, if it is allright, then i will fit the airbox as well with stock filter, then MS filter. do u think that is a good try to solve this problem, or at least i could know which bit cause powerloss.

do u think the fitment could cause hot air into engine? ( i mean the electric tape gap)

thx
Sounds like a good way to find out. Please let us know your results.

Electric tape is specifically designed for the ultimate seal purpose, so no, it's not the reason.

Eric =)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #13
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Hi I have an Akrapovic Evo system with a map, and its much quicker!!

In my humble opinion, I think the Akra system needs a map in any event, 1, to sort out the CEL issue and also the reduced back pressure.

I am sure now with the increased lung capacity from the Envy, you will need the tune, but I suppose the fitment issue could be the reason, maybe rechecking the install piece by piece, will solve it,

Get a remap!!

Last edited by Bob MG; 02-08-2010 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewabf View Post
Hi I have an Akrapovic Evo system with a map, and its much quicker!!

In my humble opinion, I think the Akra system needs a map in any event, 1, to sort out the CEL issue and also the reduced back pressure.

I am sure now with the increased lung capacity from the Envy, you will need the tune, but I suppose the fitment issue could be the reason, maybe rechecking the install piece by piece, will solve it,

Get a remap!!
i have the thing to trick the o2sensor, so i assume it should be allright,
unluckily i was cruising today at 100km, with my foot holding still (not cruise control) the engine checking light came on again!!!

any one??
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #15
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
unluckily i was cruising today at 100km, with my foot holding still (not cruise control) the engine checking light came on again!!!

any one??
just try to by changing the MS filter back to stock filter, and drove for serveral km, and the checking light is still ON!!!!

anyone? is is more related to the charge pipe?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #16
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep

Anyone Please??????????????
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 01:58 AM   #17
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
We should find out the exact code that is being reported before starting any work.

When you report the check engine light "came on again", I'm assuming the light is turning off at some point or are you having the codes cleared?

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #18
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We should find out the exact code that is being reported before starting any work.

When you report the check engine light "came on again", I'm assuming the light is turning off at some point or are you having the codes cleared?
i had the code first about 1 month agao when the intake was installed for 500KM, then i got i cleared.

but it came back on again on monday, and i tryto change the filter from MS to stock, and drove for a bit, but still on
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #19
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
i had the code first about 1 month agao when the intake was installed for 500KM, then i got i cleared.

but it came back on again on monday, and i tryto change the filter from MS to stock, and drove for a bit, but still on
Until we know the source of the code, any advice given will be inaccurate.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #20
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Until we know the source of the code, any advice given will be inaccurate.
Get a tune, its the Akra system.
Have you fixed perceived power drop after envy refit?
is the cel the only issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #21
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:

any one??
I think these are junk. A remap is necessary to 1. Get the best out of the $ you spent on the Akra
2. To prevent the CEL

you mentioned that you had a power loss. Is that fixed after checking the install of Envy? I spoke to Ralf and it's impossible to lose power from envy
The car can run with airbox removed
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 02:25 AM   #22
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

Quote:
just try to by changing the MS filter back to stock filter, and drove for serveral km, and the checking light is still ON!!!!

anyone? is is more related to the charge pipe?
Will, the adapters you have only prevent from CEL for a longer time than without them - they are not a final fix. So your car just reached the point, where you should go for a ECU remap - my car took 12k kmīs for CEL to show. It differs with every individual car and also depends on driving habits.
The more you cruise the sooner it shows up, the more you use the car real hard the later it comes. Thatīs because the ECU only takes lambda into account, when cruising.

C U next week
Appreciate 0