BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

07-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #23
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 LUST View Post
Will the Kriessieg fit all E9X models or will it be coupe only?
It looks like all systems can fit either car but the systems designed for the coupe bumper will stick out an extra inch on the E90... so my guess is yes... probably worth a call though

Jason
      07-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #24
kyoshozx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I agree with most that exhaust prices for the m3 is a bit expensive. The thing that bothers me about eisemann is that it's just a muffler and doesn't include piping to get rid of the really bad crimps in the stock piping.

If it included piping like the rdSport, I probably would of purchased it already. But instead i'm in the boat of wait and see.

On a side note, lexus just released an aftermarket exhaust for the IS for ~$1.5k , sure it's not made in germany, but even if it's made in china or korea it still has to past lexus standards.
      07-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #25
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshozx View Post
I agree with most that exhaust prices for the m3 is a bit expensive. The thing that bothers me about eisemann is that it's just a muffler and doesn't include piping to get rid of the really bad crimps in the stock piping.
And why do you think the crimps are bad? You would intuitively think so, but from my architectural practice I know ductwork can be flattened for a short distance, to go under a beam for instance, with negligible loss in performance.

Edit: In duct design, which has many of the same issues as exhaust system design, the situation above calls for an Obastacle Avoidance Fitting (OAF). If this is done correctly, there is an increase in static pressure going into the restriction, but it is almost negated on the outgoing side.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 07-22-2008 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #26
kyoshozx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
And why do you think the crimps are bad? You would intuitively think so, but from my architectural practice I know ductwork can be flattened for a short distance, to go under a beam for instance, with negligible loss in performance.
Well it just looks like it really inhibits good flow. I mean if you take a straw and bend it slightly where it flattens out and try to suck some soda out of the can, generally requires a bit more suction.

But then what do i know, but the piping would of been a good piece of mind, especially for the price of the thing