BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

11-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
LimiTed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow

What's more important: Price/Service??

So I've been ready to order a 2012 E92. I've been working with a dealer down south. Problem is I can't get ahold of the CA to place my order. I've had to call in numerous times and all I ever get is his assistant. I have a local dealer that's ready to sell me a car but at a higher cost($1000). Perhaps I'm expecting too much? Is this standard? I've called in several times and am always promised an email or call with nothing. I can't imagine what it would be like to get updates on the production status if I can't even place a deposit. How long did it take everyone to get their orders in? Should I just wait it out or pay the extra money for what I have experienced as better service. The more expensive dealer has gotten me farther in the order process in a day versus what the other dealer has done in ten. Sorry for the rant, but I really expected purchasing an M3 would be a happy time in my life. I'm so frustrated I'm tempted to walk away from it completely.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
If you can't get service, I think the choice is clear.

I ordered my car from Ryan @ Steve Thomas via email and haven't looked back. Yes, he is a busy guy but he will always get back to me within a few days max.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Poofyo101
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
+1 for Ryan
      11-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

PM Sent

Thanks guys!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I would walk away from a CA that does not have time to communicate with me. This is telling your that he is not very good at his job. It will only get worse as you move forward. Jump ship now.
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
JOHN ///M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I would also recommend Ryan too, just placed an order with him on nov 1.
'12 MW E92 M3 I Piano Black Trim I Vorsteiner Aero Front Lip I Varis Rear Diffuser I Varis Rear Skirt I Platte Forme Side Skirt I Ohlin's Road and Track Coilover I Akrapovic GT4 X-pipe I Akrapovic Slip I ESS Tuning I Brembos Brakes I Euro Front Bumper I BBS Limited Black Edition Lugs/Locks I Macht Schnell Studs I BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler I BMW Performance Grills/Gills I BMW Performance Seats I Rogue Short Shifter I BBS FI
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #7
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhird View Post
I would walk away from a CA that does not have time to communicate with me. This is telling your that he is not very good at his job. It will only get worse as you move forward. Jump ship now.
+1

Also, sounds like he doesn't care about his customers. Huge trouble down the road. Although I didn't use either of them, you should give Ryan or David a call - like people are saying in this thread I think you'll get much better customer service from either one of these guys. Good luck and don't let this one bad CA make you walk away!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep

thanks Guys appreciate all the shout outs!

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

If the level of service is not to your liking, walk away before it's too late. Sounds like the one CA does not want to earn your business. Don't waste your time with deadbeats.

I ordered with Ryan Amico and have nothing but great things to say about him and the service he provides.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #10
LimiTed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow

i ended up ordering with Ryan. week 1 production. here goes the brutal wait. the funny thing is that the local dealer who was so great ended up being a complete tool. went off badmouthing me to the person who referred me to him.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^thanks for your business the wait does suck but once you get it, it will be well worth it i promise

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #12
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Congrats on the order, post specs ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #13
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiTed View Post
So I've been ready to order a 2012 E92. I've been working with a dealer down south. Problem is I can't get ahold of the CA to place my order. I've had to call in numerous times and all I ever get is his assistant. I have a local dealer that's ready to sell me a car but at a higher cost($1000). Perhaps I'm expecting too much? Is this standard? I've called in several times and am always promised an email or call with nothing. I can't imagine what it would be like to get updates on the production status if I can't even place a deposit. How long did it take everyone to get their orders in? Should I just wait it out or pay the extra money for what I have experienced as better service. The more expensive dealer has gotten me farther in the order process in a day versus what the other dealer has done in ten. Sorry for the rant, but I really expected purchasing an M3 would be a happy time in my life. I'm so frustrated I'm tempted to walk away from it completely.
My current car was leased (and later financed) from a dealer in San Francisco. Both times he treated me fairly well. Then come time to get my M3 I got wind of Ryan and Steve Thomas BMW from this forum. It has been a 2 year process - between me deciding to keep my car or go with a new M3. I'm in sales - and I would have given up on myself!

Ryan and his staff have been nothing but patient and courteous with all my queries and questions, all the way down the the point of order/purchase. My father used to be the #1 salesperson for Jaguar/Ferrari worldwide about 10 or so years ago (top car salesman at any dealership he landed in). Even he said, as he watched me go through the process with Ryan - "Son, now that's the way to sell a car. I must say, his Customer Service is amazing, not to mention the pricing as well." NO one has been able to come close to provide me with this kind of buying experience.

I strongly suggest you give Ryan a call. All that have worked with him on this forum will attest to their superior service and pricing.

I am proud to say that my car is now somewhere in the Pacific and should be in my hands very soon! I would highly recommend Ryan and Steve Thomas BMW
      11-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3

I ran into a very similar issue when I wanted to order.

I worked with David Aviles to do ED for one of the last e90 m3s. It was great to work with him and his pricing is the best!!! Tracking was easy as his coworker, Joy, can give you status updates whenever. They're a great combo to work with. I highly recommend them.

I've also spoken to Ryan before as well and he's also great to work with.

You can't go wrong with either David or Ryan. It's just a matter of what works best for you...

Good luck!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
AM150
3rd wait as she's in storage for the winter
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
Another recommendation for Ryan. Great price and service
      11-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #16
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiTed View Post
i ended up ordering with Ryan. week 1 production. here goes the brutal wait. the funny thing is that the local dealer who was so great ended up being a complete tool. went off badmouthing me to the person who referred me to him.
You gotta be patient man. I put in my deposit at end of July....and after all this epa/carb delay business my car is finally at Steve Thomas. Man, I'm hoping to pick it up soon. The last few weeks were the toughest where we were all waiting for nothing (regulatory approval).