BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

05-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

Page count number question/issue

I've been noticing that on multipage threads, if the next post would start a new page, then there is an 'extra' page listed on the subforum - for instance, it shows 1 through 5 - when I click on 5 to get the latest post, it takes me to the top of page 4 again. This is the only forum I've seen that does that, and it's a little distracting - the first few times, I thought it was a broken link.

Is this intentional, or a bug in the software? Can it be changed, or do I just need to learn to live with it?

And yes, I know it's a minor complaint - you should take it as a compliment that this is the worst I can find in a couple of weeks of being registered
      05-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesen View Post
I've been noticing that on multipage threads, if the next post would start a new page, then there is an 'extra' page listed on the subforum - for instance, it shows 1 through 5 - when I click on 5 to get the latest post, it takes me to the top of page 4 again. This is the only forum I've seen that does that, and it's a little distracting - the first few times, I thought it was a broken link.

Is this intentional, or a bug in the software? Can it be changed, or do I just need to learn to live with it?

And yes, I know it's a minor complaint - you should take it as a compliment that this is the worst I can find in a couple of weeks of being registered
I think this was because some of the posts were deleted by the moderators or admins....but page counter still counts those replies but they don't exist in the thread anymore...
      05-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I think this was because some of the posts were deleted by the moderators or admins....but page counter still counts those replies but they don't exist in the thread anymore...
That is correct! This is a known glitch in vbulletin and we're hoping they get this corrected with future versions
      05-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

Works for me, will file it under 'learn to live with it' until they correct it.

Thanks!