BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #45
Taz@Evolve. P
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Quick enough

Hi Guys,

2 things - for anyone interested in receiving all information as soon as its released please drop me either PM or email (paul@evolveautomotive.com) with your name and email and I'll put you on the update list.

Secondly - I've been using the development car for the last 24 hours and, simply, WOW. The sound is just perfect. It's still BMW without being too race car, but still very aggressive. I've never been so cold driving with the windows down and heater on full, but it's worth it!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #46
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Drives: Slow

Prices:

Rear Exhaust with Valves and Contoller with either tail pipe design - $3500
(Includes connecting pipes to mate to stock X-Pipe)

X Pipe with 200CPi High Flow CAT's + Resonators - $2750

Full System - $6000

An X Pipe without resonators is also available and a CATLESS also. Many options in this area.

Our valve system will fit any of the X Pipes on the market which mates to a stock rear silencer.

I hope the prices seem reasonable. Given the competing products we are offering quite alot for the money when you consider valves, the highest quality tail pipes, proper engineering, high flow CAT's and resonators in the X Pipe.

Last edited by Sales@Evolve; 11-30-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #47
roddyc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BMW M5

Do you have any clips of the exhaust driving it conservatively in street mode? I'm kind of curious to see it would sound like in real world driving around town.

Sounds awesome in the clips you provided, but while I can definitely tell the difference in tone between the valves open/closed, its hard to gauge what the difference in volume is.

And also, I'm guessing with the tips being adjustable, this should fit an E90 with the tips not sticking out more than stock?

Looks like a great product.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #48
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddyc View Post
Do you have any clips of the exhaust driving it conservatively in street mode? I'm kind of curious to see it would sound like in real world driving around town.

Sounds awesome in the clips you provided, but while I can definitely tell the difference in tone between the valves open/closed, its hard to gauge what the difference in volume is.

And also, I'm guessing with the tips being adjustable, this should fit an E90 with the tips not sticking out more than stock?

Looks like a great product.
Starting with the tips, a different set will be supplied for the E90 which are slightly shorter.

With the full header back system with CATS and resonators and the valves closed the closest exhaust noise volume is Akrapovic. Maybe slightly quieter

There is a massive difference between the valves open and closed. It's hard to capture on a video.

We are currently editing some videos we made.

The videos will keep coming.

We will get some other M3's beside ours with other exhausts to show the difference in noise.

The melody is very nice with either.

The valves open setting is dangerous, that's all I can say It just eggs you on to wind the motor round to the red line.

Many exhausts get quieter as the rpm's rise. Our's gets progressively louder.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #49
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Evolve View Post
Hi Guys,

2 things - for anyone interested in receiving all information as soon as its released please drop me either PM or email (paul@evolveautomotive.com) with your name and email and I'll put you on the update list.

Secondly - I've been using the development car for the last 24 hours and, simply, WOW. The sound is just perfect. It's still BMW without being too race car, but still very aggressive. I've never been so cold driving with the windows down and heater on full, but it's worth it!
pm'd
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #50
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Out of curiosity, is there a connecting pipe option that would allow you to bolt up to a non-OEM-style x-pipe design, like, say the Akrapovic X-pipe?

Also, I understand that you guys are making the unit fairly easy to work on in case of a valve failure (I very much like this), how much would those exhaust valves typically cost? And would they be relatively obtainable elsewhere, without having to wait for a shipment from Germany from Evolve? What kind of warranty comes with the valves? I understand the motors tend to go out over time due to the extreme heat that they're subject to.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #51
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Out of curiosity, is there a connecting pipe option that would allow you to bolt up to a non-OEM-style x-pipe design, like, say the Akrapovic X-pipe?

Also, I understand that you guys are making the unit fairly easy to work on in case of a valve failure (I very much like this), how much would those exhaust valves typically cost? And would they be relatively obtainable elsewhere, without having to wait for a shipment from Germany from Evolve? What kind of warranty comes with the valves? I understand the motors tend to go out over time due to the extreme heat that they're subject to.

Thanks!
We can supply connecting pipes for Akra's to fit directly. These are relatively inexpensive.

The valves come with a lifetime warranty.

Unbolt in less than 15 mins both sides and refit new ones .... if they fail.

With this project I thought of everything I could before making a prototype.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #52
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Evolve View Post
Hi Guys,

I thoroughly enjoyed driving through the Brenner Pass and through the Austrian tunnels last week!

I have a small video of that which I shall post up
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #53
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Nice system.

I'm very interested in the longevity of the valve system. All of the aftermarket electronic "cutouts" are electrical (motors) and they all fail due to heat/thermal cycling (despite a lifetime warranty). OEM systems such as Ferrari and the other aftermarket BMW valve system use a pneumatic valve instead of electrical. From what I understand the pneumatic valves are really bulletproof from a maintenance and longevity period. Can you tell us a bit more about the valves you chose, why, what to expect for longevity and warranty?
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #54
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Nice system.

I'm very interested in the longevity of the valve system. All of the aftermarket electronic "cutouts" are electrical (motors) and they all fail due to heat/thermal cycling (despite a lifetime warranty). OEM systems such as Ferrari and the other aftermarket BMW valve system use a pneumatic valve instead of electrical. From what I understand the pneumatic valves are really bulletproof from a maintenance and longevity period. Can you tell us a bit more about the valves you chose, why, what to expect for longevity and warranty?
+1 great question
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #55
VegasEgg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Thank you so much for creating a quality product with so much R&D! I can't wait to see and hear the final product! Will you offer a black ceramic coating option for the muffler and different tips down the line? I would love to see CF tips or Black Chrome tips!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #56
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
We can supply connecting pipes for Akra's to fit directly. These are relatively inexpensive.

Quote:
The valves come with a lifetime warranty.

Quote:
Unbolt in less than 15 mins both sides and refit new ones .... if they fail.

Quote:
With this project I thought of everything I could before making a prototype.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #57
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post

hahaha, yup, Evolve Automotive is that incredible. A big reason why I chose them to two both of our M3s. I'm even trying to get interest in the E46 M3 community to convince Evolve to make an E-Tronic Exhaust for us
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #58
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

This is very appealing... Would love to know what the DB levels are of it on and off at 3/4 of max RPM.

Only reason I mention this is DB levels at local racetracks. I had to custom make exhaust tips that point down in order to pass DB levels. I'm lucky my AA exhaust has removable tips.

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #59
Franken///M
A70
Germany
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 6MT

This is near the top of my list when I get back to the states and start looking for an exhaust in a couple months!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #60
DisGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M Three Powah

Wow $6k for exhaust. well atleast they got some type of proof that it will add power. just cant justify paying 6k for metal pipes. i am glad evolve took there time n hard work into building it but 3k for the full system would be reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #61
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Thanks!
The valves we chose are a tried and tested product and have been standing the test of time.
There is a lifetime warranty on the valves, you do not need to worry about failure.

The first test we did was an all night autobahn run. I ran this very car at between 150-170mph for 1-2 hours and then at constant high speeds from the end of Austria to France all through Germany.
Not many of you will be able to generate that much heat for that period of time.
If something is going to break it will break in a test like this.
Just to reiterate .... There is a lifetime warranty on the complete valve assembly and they are very easy to remove and replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Nice system.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #62
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrollsp View Post
Thank you so much for creating a quality product with so much R&D! I can't wait to see and hear the final product! Will you offer a black ceramic coating option for the muffler and different tips down the line? I would love to see CF tips or Black Chrome tips!
Ceramic coating is no problem. Has a cost.
Black chrome on the current tail pipes is also no problem.
CF tail pipes - we are looking into this.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #63
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
This is very appealing... Would love to know what the DB levels are of it on and off at 3/4 of max RPM.

Only reason I mention this is DB levels at local racetracks. I had to custom make exhaust tips that point down in order to pass DB levels. I'm lucky my AA exhaust has removable tips.
Hi,
This is an excellent question as it's most of the reason why a valve system will remain on our car. We do track days too and in the uk the rules for max db are very harsh.
Even some stock cars are not allowed on many of the tracks we use.
The quiet setting will easily pass on even he most strict tracks over here.
The car will be going to Bedford autodrome which is probably the most strict.
We will make a video of it going round and not being black flagged!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 02:05 AM   #64
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Fantastic work Imran, what does Radleistrung mean on the dyno charts?

Sorry if i missed it, but how does the weight compare to OEM?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #65
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Fantastic work Imran, what does Radleistrung mean on the dyno charts?

Sorry if i missed it, but how does the weight compare to OEM?
Wheel power uncorrected peak where the peak HP at the flywheel occurs.

This does not mean peak wheel power though.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #66
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Wheel power uncorrected peak where the peak HP at the flywheel occurs.

This does not mean peak wheel power though.
Ok thanks, not realy a figure we should concern ourselves with then?
Appreciate 0