BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

07-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

30K mile service question

My car "wants" in for a 30K mile service (or 49K km service, as we call it in Canada). What's strange is that when I took it in for an oil change 5 month back, they did most/all of what's normally done during the 30K mile service - spark plugs, diff fluid, wipers, software upgrade, oil, and brake pads (rotors were fine). They did not change air filter or cabin filter though.

Now if I take it in, what are they going to do? It's just an important point for me because if it's anything major, I'll take it across the border to US and get it done for free (it's a US car), and in Canada I'd need to pay. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

then it's just air filter, which is weird b/c they should have changed this at every oil change. Looks like they just forgot to reset the CBS or they did it as a reminder to finish the air filter change. But yes, looks like you got all the major maintenance items done already
Appreciate 0