BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

07-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep
Drives: TransLink

Coding for LCI taillights without installing them

Recently, my vehicle went in for some service work and all my coding was lost. I do plan on purchasing LCI taillights at some point this summer, I was wondering if I was to code for them now; would there by any problems with my stock (pre-LCI) taillights? Looking at the coding, seems as though it just disables several checks so I don't see a problem however was hoping to confirm before I start. It's not that big of a deal, would just save me the agony of having to use the netbook I keep for coding more than I need! Thanks in advance
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeez View Post
Recently, my vehicle went in for some service work and all my coding was lost. I do plan on purchasing LCI taillights at some point this summer, I was wondering if I was to code for them now; would there by any problems with my stock (pre-LCI) taillights? Looking at the coding, seems as though it just disables several checks so I don't see a problem however was hoping to confirm before I start. It's not that big of a deal, would just save me the agony of having to use the netbook I keep for coding more than I need! Thanks in advance
No problem at all. If a bulb was to burn out on the pre-LCIs, the iDrive simply wouldn't notify you.

We've done this for quite a few DIY M3 owners doing the LCI upgrade at a later date.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Amaproracin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeez View Post
No problem at all. If a bulb was to burn out on the pre-LCIs, the iDrive simply wouldn't notify you.

We've done this for quite a few DIY M3 owners doing the LCI upgrade at a later date.
Real quick question Tom, Do you need both the coding and foot mod. When installing the LCI's. I fall in that date of saying i need the foot mod. Didn't know if the coding took care of everything I need.

Thanks man.
      08-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Amaproracin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

Nevermind. I got an answer.