BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
Renault suspended from European Grand Prix

Renault will miss the next round of the championship for allowing Fernando Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel not properly secured during Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

A mistake attaching the front-right wheel at Alonso's first stop led to it coming loose from the car once the Spaniard had returned the track. He limped back to the pits but was subsequently forced to retire due to resulting damage.

Budapest stewards decided Renault had been negligent in failing to secure the wheel, in knowingly letting Alonso leave the pits with the problem, and in failing to inform their driver of the issue.

Renault are to appeal the decision. Should that appeal fail it means Alonso and team mate Nelson Piquet will not participate in the European Grand Prix on August 21-23.
Attached Images

07-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

ahhh i wish you would have put a spoiler tag in the title....it's just starting to air over here in the good ole' US of A
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
6 hours after the fact? It’s all over the internet!
      07-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Fuck....welcome to fucking North America where FOX is having delayed boardcast....

fucking commercial about 3-5 laps...and skipped laps in between....especially they went commercial when there's 18 laps remaining...then just 5 mins commercial....then 6 laps disappeared....back watching when there's 12 laps remaining....FUCK...

then after checker flag....straight to commercial and back on trophy presentation....where the fuck is the clip when the drivers getting off the car and jumping around...walking into the weight room....where the fuck is the national anthem????

FUCK FOX SPORTS!!!!
THIS IS NOT FUCKING NFL, MLB where you have so much time outs and breaks for them to que commercials.....fucking american sports got so many breaks.....
      07-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Fuck....welcome to fucking North America where FOX is having delayed boardcast....

fucking commercial about 3-5 laps...and skipped laps in between....especially they went commercial when there's 18 laps remaining...then just 5 mins commercial....then 6 laps disappeared....back watching when there's 12 laps remaining....FUCK...

then after checker flag....straight to commercial and back on trophy presentation....where the fuck is the clip when the drivers getting off the car and jumping around...walking into the weight room....where the fuck is the national anthem????

FUCK FOX SPORTS!!!!
THIS IS NOT FUCKING NFL, MLB where you have so much time outs and breaks for them to que commercials.....fucking american sports got so many breaks.....
...not to mention the press conference. Only showed the winner and a small portion of it. Not to mention my local FOX station, again, had it's "You're watching NASCAR on FOX 13" commercial. I kinda made a scene when I saw it and startled my neighbor who was mowing his lawn. Yeah, he heard me over the lawn mower lol.

NO, I'M NOT WASTING MY TIME WATCHING FUCKING NASCAR! YES, IT'S THE THIRD FUCKING TIME YOU'VE DONE THIS! HOW ABOUT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELVES? HELL, I'LL WATCH THAT!!
      07-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #6
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550

Its a real shame, he was going to win that tittle if everything were to go smoothly. No wonder he is looking toward Ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 01:49 AM   #7
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
Renault has confirmed that it will appeal the FIA's decision to ban the team from the European Grand Prix. FIA has received documentation and a deposit for the 6000 Euros fee for the appeal, with a hearing now likely take place in the summer break before the European GP on August 23.
      07-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #8
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Go Kimi! Yes, FOX stinks...I'm in FL and they started beeping a weather alert...last race, they broke from the race for 30 minutes b/c it was thundering and lightening in FL...imagine...At least I'll be able to wake up at 8am and watch F1 from Europe live...the way it was meant to be. Let's hope when USF1 makes their debut, Fox doesn't decide to pick it up more often...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
GT1281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330e/F25 X3

Renault getting suspended is garbage. How are you going to have a race in Valencia Spain with no Alonso. It's going to look like the grandstands in Turkey.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
Renault getting suspended is garbage. How are you going to have a race in Valencia Spain with no Alonso. It's going to look like the grandstands in Turkey.
+1

Remember last year when Kaz Nakajima put Alonso retired from the Valencia race....people started to leave and go home....

Also...in someway the FIA is overreacting....YES...it was Renault's fault not to secure the wheel...back in couple years ago would be just a $$$ fine to the team (probably 50,000 Euros...or watever)....

but given from what happened from the past two weekends.....FIA is eager to have an opportunity to set an example to other teams.....

if that's the case....why dun they punish Brawn GP as well...they had a spring fell out and injured a fellow driver....

please...give all the teams the same treatment....punish both at a same level or punish none....
      07-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
GT1281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330e/F25 X3

I def remember that. I was pissed myself. Alonso is my favorite driver. I turned off the race yesterday after that whole fiasco. They are barely selling tickets as it is for the Valencia race. With no Alonso it's going to be pretty weak. I personally think that there is a little bit more to the expulsion of the next race than we know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
+1

Remember last year when Kaz Nakajima put Alonso retired from the Valencia race....people started to leave and go home....

Also...in someway the FIA is overreacting....YES...it was Renault's fault not to secure the wheel...back in couple years ago would be just a $$$ fine to the team (probably 50,000 Euros...or watever)....

but given from what happened from the past two weekends.....FIA is eager to have an opportunity to set an example to other teams.....

if that's the case....why dun they punish Brawn GP as well...they had a spring fell out and injured a fellow driver....

please...give all the teams the same treatment....punish both at a same level or punish none....
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
I def remember that. I was pissed myself. Alonso is my favorite driver. I turned off the race yesterday after that whole fiasco. They are barely selling tickets as it is for the Valencia race. With no Alonso it's going to be pretty weak. I personally think that there is a little bit more to the expulsion of the next race than we know.
There still a month to go...anything can happen...and Renault is going to appeal the decision (which most likely going to be thrown out by FIA)....

I don't care what the FIA's punishments are....but I just hate the inconsistantcy of them...and different teams were penalized differently....

Both team made similar mistakes .....they should be punished evenly....not one got race suspension...and the other is unknown.....

the FIA is making a bad situation even worse....
      07-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #13
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formel1 View Post
Go Kimi! Yes, FOX stinks...I'm in FL and they started beeping a weather alert...last race, they broke from the race for 30 minutes b/c it was thundering and lightening in FL...imagine...At least I'll be able to wake up at 8am and watch F1 from Europe live...the way it was meant to be. Let's hope when USF1 makes their debut, Fox doesn't decide to pick it up more often...
dont get me started on that. that weather chick was a total noob and said the same shit repeatedly and i could have looked outside and saw the clouds coming and the lightning. I could aslo figure out that if the weather looked like that, that i might want to be indoors.
btw, it was closer to 40-45mins