BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

10-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #23
AlpenWhite25
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: Alpen White BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL-Fanatik View Post
Anybody know the prices for the MTM kit? I tried to find it, but was unable to. With a price tag we could speculate what it would cost to squeeze 550 hp out of an M3.

Best regards,

CSL

If i recall correct MTM has a Price Tag of around 15.000 Euro .The thing is though that MTM is a German Tuning Company .It is my believe that if an American Tuning Company makes a New Kit for the M3 the cost should be much cheaper because of the Current Currency Difference between Euro and US Dollar and high Competition in the specific field of the US Marketplace.

The Major Concern of those Tuning Companies should be to adjust their Tuning/Supercharger kits in Each Cars Specifications (Euro Spec ,US Spec ,Africa Spec etc.)The Correct Marketing policy should be
"think Global ,act Local"....well this is my approach on the matter ,i might be mistaken....
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #24
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #25
ChrisFastM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #26
00o00
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: its comming...

^^^^^hahaha

anyhow... so you know how there are already traction issues when the car is stock... hahahahah your going to need to be driving around constantly on drag radials... hahah joke... but seriously won't traction become a bit problem when adding more power to this car?

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 06:21 AM   #27
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00o00 View Post
^^^^^hahaha

anyhow... so you know how there are already traction issues when the car is stock... hahahahah your going to need to be driving around constantly on drag radials... hahah joke... but seriously won't traction become a bit problem when adding more power to this car?

Maybe in the low gears, and not in the higher gears ?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #28
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

I know Mosselman Turbosystems is already working on a SC system for the E92 M3. Should be ready by June to September of this year and expect to increase hp to about 500+!!! Should cost about $15 to $20 US! They have gone with and SC primarily because if its "lower boost" levels compared to turbos and easier to cool and manage with the high compression ratio. They will later develop a turbo system, that will require low compression cylinders and other smaller internals details..., that should make beyond 600 hp!!! Anything can be done to these engines as long as space and $$$ constraints are taken into account. In fact, with higher octane rated race fuel, turbos can be used with high compression engines such as ours without the danger of premature detonation. Problem is, where would you typically refuel and, as always, cost!! lol!!!
      02-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #29
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

By the way, sure traction is an issue, but it is less an less of a problem as you reach higher speeds and with the use of wider tires, say 295 or 305 in the rear. The added power makes a huge difference at speeds above, say, 100 kilometers per hour, in passing circumstances, coming out of corners, higher altitudes, etc… In essence, in all sorts of everyday high way driving but for the most part, not City driving. I personally much prefer more power on a chassis like this!!!! Its great!!!
      03-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #30
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
I was thinking of fitting this:

BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #31
ChrisFastM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods

Or maybe one of these.............

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #32
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
Or maybe one of these.............

Bajajajajaja!!! Nice!! I want!! Below is what I have (older picture of work in progess at the time):
Attached Images