BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)
View Poll Results: Did the "Show All" button make sense to you?
Yeah, it's clean and effective 10 62.50%
I had to look around, but I get it, it works 4 25.00%
No, it took me a while to figure out/find 0 0%
What "Show A"... ohh, that. No. 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

03-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Seeking opinions from e-shoppers please!

Before completing the poll, please visit any product page on our website.

Here are some quick links:
http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/p338...duct_info.html

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/1-Se...duct_info.html

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
sorry to be blunt, but your site hurts my eyes.

I think you need to hire a person who can do proper web design. what you have there comes up as an amateur work. i am not going to say that **********s website is that much better, but they looks a whole lot more professional.

first you add some retarded chick that pops from the corner and starts talking to you, now you worry about some insignificant detail about showing more options or not.

you need to do some *serious* usability improvements first and then worry about the details.
      03-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

+1 on the comments above.

I have bought a few things from you guys over the last 18-24 months and everything has been great as far as communication/prices, etc. but I'm going to have to agree that the site is a bit cumbersome.

Better photos of what you are selling would go a long way IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

there is seriously so much shit going on on that website lol. its hard to concentrate on what you are there for. I've used your website before to browse for items and i must agree with the 2 posts above me. I strongly agree with the pictures comment as well.
      03-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

That left hand menu is a PITA when using trying to get to your stuff with a laptop and no real mouse.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

just remember what made google as popular as it is, simplicity...but i still give the company a ...great guys and prices, as well as shipping and product knowledge
      03-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

poll answer: its clean and effective

I have to agree with everyone, site needs to be cleaned up, there is A LOT going on, on both sides. Now with that said, i cant wait for the new look on the site
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Yeah, we're WELL aware that we need a new site... Don't worry about that guys. We now have a programmer and software developer on staff full time. We also have designed an entirely new store and will be implementing it in the near future... But unfortunately, the front page website design is on the back burner while we improve our logistics and back end. We are at max capacity and are improving things so that orders go out even faster and inventory is communicated much better.

Once all that is done, we're going to come at you with a front page website that will knock your socks off. It's going to be lightyears beyond what we have now... But it's going to be a few months.

I was just wondering, in the interim, if it's a problem the way it is, and more importantly, if that is a format that we should incorporate into our new site.

On a brighter note, I am very interested in any opinions you guys have on what content/features should be part of our new site. How should it be laid out? How should it be navigated? What's it missing? What could it stand to lose?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Yeah, we're WELL aware that we need a new site... Don't worry about that guys. We now have a programmer and software developer on staff full time. But unfortunately, the front page website design is on the back burner while we improve our logistics and back end. We are at max capacity and are improving things so that orders go out even faster and inventory is communicated much better.

Once all that is done, we're going to come at you with a front page website that will knock your socks off. It's going to be lightyears beyond what we have now... But it's going to be a few months.

I was just wondering, in the interim, if it's a problem the way it is, and more importantly, if that is a format that we should incorporate into our new site.

On a brighter note, I am very interested in any opinions you guys have on what content/features should be part of our new site. How should it be laid out? How should it be navigated? What's it missing? What could it stand to lose?
just be available via PM until then and i think there will be zero issues, if the site is anything like your service we will amazed
      03-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

And just so we're clear, we're not talking about a jazzed up version of our existing site, or any out-of-the-box software like those used by our competitors, for that matter.

We interviewed the companies that do ecommerce for everyone from national geographic to disney and motorola, and none of them offered the level of sophistication or customization that we desire, especially not for the price ($20,000-50,000). Instead, we've hired an incredibly talented software developer and will be writing our OWN software platform, front and back end, based on some of the latest web technologies... It's going to be earth-shattering.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
just be available via PM until then and i think there will be zero issues, if the site is anything like your service we will amazed
Thanks for the support. You guys are an instrumental resource in helping us understand what this site should (and shouldn't) have.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Also one last thing, you'll note that we FINALLY have 3 part-time photographers available to us, two who are in the office at least 3 days a week, providing some quality images for you all...

(taken in our photo booth yesterday)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 06:31 AM   #13
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

The "Show All Options" button does keep the page cleaner by showing a shorter list. However, what are the chances that the item the user is looking for is in the top 3? The user will almost always have to hit that button to find what he/she is looking for. To me, the fewer clicks the better, so this extra click is not ideal.

Some sites deal with this by showing the list in a sort of a sub-window with it's own scroll bar.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

That's a good idea too. I will look into it.
Eventually we're going to have you select your car, and only show the parts that fit your car

JL
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

im getting excited to see the new page lay-out! cant wait..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
fxie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS FDBII, 2018 AW 440GC

I remember you starting off back in the day on e46fanatics. Big props to you man for your success

Anyways, like everyone else said, site is a little too cluttered. I always have a rough time going through your website looking for the products I need, and my biggest pet peeve was I had to always click on the "Show All Options" button to find what I needed lol.

Also, way too many links/sidebars/navbars all over the site I think once those are simplified a bit, it will look awesome!
2014 AW F31 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #17
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
That's a good idea too. I will look into it.
Eventually we're going to have you select your car, and only show the parts that fit your car

JL
That's definitely very nice to have.
Perhaps there can be more than one level of filtering, such as show all BMW parts, show all BMW 3-series parts, in addition to show BMW 3-series 335i parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

That is the direction we are going. We are going to allow you to narrow it down little by little so if you only want 335 parts, you can get that specific. If you want all BMW parts, you can do that as well. We have realized that some shoppers, mainly first time visitors, get overwhelmed if they see a ton of parts flashed on the screen. While return visitors are looking for other options and want to see what's available.
Appreciate 0