BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

07-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #67
MPower1910
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g222leav
It depends...here in chicago, there's a father/son duo that has m3's at the autocross. The dad is driving an E92 while the son is in an E36 I believe. The kid is an incredible driver and has been nothing but polite (he's in high school btw).
Thanks, I appreciate it!! And I have to agree that it is all about attitude. Have I gotten myself into trouble? Sure, but I don't believe it has to do so much with the car you drive. I'm 18 years old now and about to head off to college and I can already notice the difference in the way I drive from when I bought my own M3 back when I was 16. The car has undergone some mods since, but the my outlook on driving has changed the most and I believe that's what matters most. These amazing cars are becoming more and more affordable so if you get the chance to own one why not. Just because there are a few empty minded teenage M drivers out there don't give young M drivers that stereotype. I can't think of a better first car to really learn how to drive with and I am so grateful to own an M3 at this age. I already know I'll be buying my future son an older gen M3 for his first car because these cars teach you so much.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #68
blkfast3
Jimmy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F82 M4

I'm 21 years old and worked like crazy to save up and make the purchase. Yes my previous E46 ///M3 my father bought me. But he just showed up at home with it and told me it was mine. There is no way I could say no lol. But I do appreciate the E92 M3 much more that I put my hard earned money up for it. This car in incredible
///M Performance Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #69
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

Why is a younger person driving an e9x m3 so remarkable? Older cars in the range are seven years old and can be had for low $30s.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #70
WuTang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich85 View Post
It's about attitude not age.

I have always had fast cars and bikes since I could first drive. Got my First M3 @ 20 and had a fast cars before that. (plus R6's, CBR600rr's etc)

Anyway, through out that whole time when I was younger (28 now) I NEVER pushed my cars and always respected them. Because I knew how easy it would be to get into trouble due to lack of experience.

I never had a single accident. Not even close.

The last 12 months I started driving a bit quicker because I thought I was more expirenced and had been driving 10+ years and I actually had my first minor crash this year at 28. Totally my fault.

So there you go, down to attitude not age. Unfortunately most teens have the wrong attitude, though. lol
LOL Maybe in the next year you can work your way towards going the speed limit?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #71
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

My father was a Chrysler Corp VP, so as a teen I drove whatever Chrysler's fastest offering was at the time. Keeping my car was dependent on my GPA, so it worked out.

Then there's this kid.
http://youtu.be/BkasHdSb1nQ
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #72
RN_2021
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I'm 21, have an M3, parents paid for it. However, not with a couple contingencies. I'm finishing up my last year of schooling and have a job lined up at a great company. Yes I am Chinese, and have cousins who are arrogant and drive nice cars as they are from overseas. Of course I'm lucky and blessed to have parents that give me nice things for my accomplishments in life and I plan to repay my parents every penny back (daddy wants a corvette, time to give it to him)
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 03:09 PM   #73
xeux
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
My father was a Chrysler Corp VP, so as a teen I drove whatever Chrysler's fastest offering was at the time. Keeping my car was dependent on my GPA, so it worked out.

Then there's this kid.
http://youtu.be/BkasHdSb1nQ
That kid is in AZ, and a cock bag. He brags about making money off of the Youtube views.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #74
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
If I could've afforded it at 19, I would've bought an M3. It wasn't until I was 31 that I was able to afford an M3 on my own. My parents couldn't afford to buy me nice cars at any age so it's not like I had a choice. Haha For me: The parents bought it = Zero respect, Work your ass off to buy it yourself = All the respect.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #75
[}emo1337
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 DCT

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy my E46 M3 at 20, even though parents put down the down payment I still had a 40K loan. Paying for your car = responsibility so I think this will always influence the way you drive your car being a young person (unless you probably make an obscene amount of money lol). I never drove it aggressive or fast unless there were no cars in sight. Modding it mostly by myself also made me love it more and made me take care of it like crazy.

I think as many people have said it all depends on your attitude, which will of course be determined by how you were raised and all. Before I had the E46 M3 I had a 330i sedan paid by my parents, but I did not like having something paid for me so I upgraded after 1 year and took care of the payments.

I now have an E92 M3 at 27, mostly thanks to a prick teenager who I wrecked into, after he passed a red light. He had a 325i sedan, was his second bimmer in 6 months (previous wreck), and they were paid for by his parents (spoke to him after wreck). I upgraded because the E46 M3 is old now and I was probably not going to find another one as well taken care of as mine.

So ya even after this experience I don't mind teens or young adults being behind the wheel of an E92 M3, I would have to speak with them beforehand to determine how they are most likely to be behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #76
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

The worst thing about a kid with a M3 is that most are arrogant little pukes who act like they deserve it, that they earned it and that they are better than everyone. If it wasn't for that, it would be okay...I worked and bought every car I ever owned no help from mommy and daddy...I hated BMW owners when I was younger, not from envy but for the reasons above. Now that I am older and have one...I could care less if some little puke has one....but I am sure kids their same age hate them for the reasons listed above...
Maybe that is why M3 owners are jerks...they were spoon feed little brats when they were younger and they continue it into adulthood...???

Last edited by M3-S65; 07-28-2014 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #77
NickMiamiM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
The worst thing about a kid with a M3 is that most are arrogant little pukes who act like they deserve it, that they earned it and that they are better than everyone. If it wasn't for that, it would be okay...I worked and bought every car I ever owned no help from mommy and daddy...I hated BMW owners when I was younger, not from envy but for the reasons above. Now that I am older and have one...I could care less if some little puke has one....but I am sure kids their same age hate them for the reasons listed above...
Maybe that is why M3 owners are jerks...they were spoon feed little brats when they were younger and they continue it into adulthood...???
So then basically as everyone else has posted this isn't the child's fault. What phucking kid wouldn't takke an M3. It's the parents fault. Bad parenting. Spoon feeding etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 01:16 AM   #78
grantmax
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMiamiM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
So then basically as everyone else has posted this isn't the child's fault. What phucking kid wouldn't takke an M3. It's the parents fault. Bad parenting. Spoon feeding etc.
EXACTLY. I hate my parents. Buying me this M3 was the least they could have done. I'm in therapy because of them. Two shrinks per week.

But this car is worth it. The Mustang guys at school hate on it so bad. It's crazy like, whatever.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #79
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

Dont people have better things to do then worry about the age of people driving cars? enjoy your car and your life and dont worry about the next guy
      06-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #80
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

I have met quite a few snobby kids with nice cars... However I find that younger kids with nice cars generally aren't snobby, they typically brag about their car being faster than it really is. "Oh yeah my E92 has 600hp from bolt ons..." etc.

I think I have met many more 25-45 year olds that think they're the sh!t, than teens... At least the teens are usually all talk and just like to pretend their a celeb for driving a 30k-60k car... A lot of adults straight up believe their better than everybody else.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #81
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
If I was a parent and decided I would buy my teen an M3, then I would also be able to afford a few days at the performance center track, teaching them how to properly drive.

I made that promise to myself anyway, when I bought mine at 25.
      06-16-2015, 10:51 PM   #82
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdoctor View Post
I think there are really two issues with young people (less than 19) with minimal driving experience driving M3's (not kids who grew up racing things). The first is that they tend to not fully appreciate how powerful these cars are and what their own limits are. Case in point:

This video drives the sword in little deeper.
https://youtu.be/az_Vlgy5dbM
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 12:18 AM   #83
BloomRunsDubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
Didnt have my M3 when I was a teenager but I did have my GTR lol

Bought the M3 a month after I turned 20

I've never really had a problem with reckless driving and I never beat on my cars. I rarely push them. As long as I know what the car is capable of im fine with 5-10 over. Also never been in an accident, a few tickets though. Mainly because the cops here are dickheads

I get way more road rage type crap from men in their 40s-50s then I do people my age. Probably because they hate seeing a young person driving something they cant afford. I just roll my tinted windows up and give them no reaction
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 01:06 AM   #84
ARPHOTO
Alpinweiß Herrenrasse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe, 2000 750il

Garage List
Chiming in; these sort of discussions have always interested me. Ever since I started driving, I've felt a bit of a loner being so young driving new and nice cars, and it's comforting to hear the stories of other young guys who have been as blessed as I have been. I feel like less of a jerk.

My first car at 16 was a 1995 BMW 740il that my emotionally unavailable father bought brand new and drove daily for years. I did some very, and I mean VERY stupid things in that car. Not stupid enough to kill me it would seem, as even when doing stupid things I had taken cautions like being on empty back roads and applying limits to myself to ensure I wouldn't kill myself. I trusted the car to protect me from my own stupidity, but the wrath of my parents is what really scared me out of going too far beyond spinning out on some country road corner into a gravel patch. That car survived the time I had with it without a scratch.

Summer of 2010, I was 17 and a particularly hefty string of repair bills for the E38 came around, and my parents were tired of footing the bills for the thing; seeing as it was a convenience for them that I had my own car and didn't need to bother them for transportation, they were willing to buy me a new car with warranty and decent value. I had wanted a 370Z at the time, but being a big and tall kid, I just didn't fit in the Z very well.

I ended up with the more expensive alternative, an Infiniti G37S Coupe. It was brand-new, and I didn't pay a dime for it. I enjoyed and loved that car for nearly five years. That car went with me through high school. When my dad had a horrible motorcycle accident in 2012 and spent a month in the ICU, that car was the one thing I looked forward to as I contemplated the very real possibility that my dad might die. That was the car that I drove to my first car meet. It was the first car I did actual modifications to. It inspired me to learn how to work on cars and acquire things like tools and skills. It inspired me to develop my skills in photography. I loved that car dearly and I took good care of it. Never had an accident, never damaged it. That car was more dependable than any person in my life, with the exception of my own mother.

So, as you might imagine, it was very difficult to let it go when the warranty was up, and my family had come into a decent sum of money recently. The warranty was up on my G37, and my folks wanted to trade it in for a new car they were buying. This left me needing to get another car, and that's when I realized that E92 M3s were starting to depreciate. The E92 M3 was the car I had always wanted most since 2008, but it was just too expensive new at the time. Long story short, I ended up having my E92 shipped in from a few states away. I've had the car for a few months now.

As you can imagine, people think I'm a douchebag solely because of my history. People have always thought I'm a douchebag rich kid through school and among the social circles I'm a part of. Even my own friends will make hurtful comments about it sometimes, in some petty attempt to knock me down the totem pole a notch. People are ultimately envious and small, and resent those who have acquired things they feel incapable of grasping on their own. Maybe I don't deserve the things I have because by their standards, I didn't "earn it". I say to hell with their standards. They'd do the same thing if they were in my position, and they have no perspective on how imperfect my life actually is. If they could possibly know everything about me, I doubt they'd choose my life. They can preach and sneer all they want, but it won't change anything for them other than satisfy their own ignorance.

Maybe this whole reply won't make complete sense to all of you, and I understand. I've left out quite a lot of personal information that would provide more context to this anecdote, but frankly I don't think it'd be appropriate for the sake of clarifying things further for strangers on the internet.

Instagram | BMW CCA #503745
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 01:21 AM   #85
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm 19, and I had an older 5 series as my first car, and my dad offered to buy me the M3 when I was 18 and the 530 started breaking, I had some money saved but not M3 money. In the 530 I always had my brother and sister with me, and I value their lives much more than my own, so that fact made a safe driver I'd say. Of course when I'm out alone in the M3 is do like higher speeds but in traffic that's hard to do and I like taking the mountain roads more than highways anyways.
My parents already know I don't do that drinking and drug stuff, especially since every single penny I save so far ends up towards a mod or car related purchase lol.
I do get hated looks from some people and of course the surprised looks too, but everyone that knows me, knows how much I love cars. But in the end I don't drive this to show other people, it's a way for my to relax after work or school. I know I didn't go the traditional route of earning your car, and those that do are admirable, but to me, there's no going backwards, every car after needs to be better than the previous, so it also generated a goal or purpose I guess to work towards.
From what I've seen most the other kids at my school or that I know with Ms, AMGs or GTRs tend to appreciate the car and what they have and prefer to not crash it street racing. It's more the modified 90s civics and muscle cars that want to street race and think their car is the best thing since sliced bread. In high school this kid with an ancient mustang would literally just drive around the parking lot to make noise, it wasn't even a good noise just obnoxious and annoying. I don't know about other areas but that's what I've noticed in the Bay Area.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 2
      06-17-2015, 01:41 AM   #86
Froglet
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Just relax Mazaki. Just live your own life. If people make harsh comments just slowly phase them out of your life and you'll end up only with those people that are worth keeping...

I'm 29 and we bought our E90 M3 just a few months ago. It's the second car we own. The first car is a 2014 Toyota Corolla which we bought in January 2014 and still own as well.

I've always been a car fan but originally coming from the Netherlands (small country) where everyone drives on bikes and the public transport system is pretty good, there has never been a need to buy a car. Even more so when a liter of petrol would set you back about $2 a liter!

We then moved to the Middle East (Dubai) where we work in a more financially rewarding environment and where cars are cheap and petrol costs close to nothing. People in Dubai (and most of our friends here) tend to spend their money on going out, drinking a lot (and it's expensive here!) and spending their money on expensive clothing and the newest gadgets etc etc. All the things we don't care too much about... We are able to save up a lot resulting in us being able to drive a solid car that is practical, safe, fast and a lot of fun to drive.

We have not told our friends about buying the M3 (some have been here 7 years and haven't been able to save up a dime, still drive a rental Toyota Yaris and probably can't handle us buying an M3 after having just been here for 2 years). We expect many people to respond in an inappropriate manner (as we have experienced in the past for other reasons) and for that reason have only informed our families about our purchase since they are the only ones that can truly be happy for us. There are a few friends that know, but only those with a pricey car themselves...

To get back on-topic, I have not experienced any negativity from people thinking I am too young to drive an expensive car. But considering the country I live in, this car is just average... However, I do know that if I were driving this car in the Netherlands that many people would be wondering where I'd get the money from and think I'm probably a dealer in narcotics...

Last edited by Froglet; 06-17-2015 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #87
LIMITLESS_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: N.A. stroker candidate

age is a concern because teenagers and 20's some are usually inexperienced drivers to put behind powerful cars. They can take not just their life but other's lives.

But my other grip is with young pricks who buy a used M3 and do distasteful mods on the car ricing the car and making it look so last year and as immature as they are. They're the ones who make a car model loose its OEM standing. Plus they usually didn't pay the car from their own sweat money and will use it like a disposable item parking it in crowded places and clubs and overall not caring for it like somebody who earned every penny for it, resulting in a beaten car in a few years. Lowering the standing of the model.

Last edited by LIMITLESS_M3; 06-17-2015 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #88
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Garage List
I'm in my early 20's and on my second E92 M3. I just like cars I guess, I can rationalize spending on them. And I make good money for my age.

I wouldn't really categorize the M3 under "powerful cars". It's quick, but it's nothing too crazy.
2008 Sparkling Grey Metallic 135i 6MT - JB4 G5 - MHD Race BEF - N54Tuning DP's - ER Chargepipe/w HKS SSQV - Coolingmist Progressive Meth - MMP Hot Side Inlets - AFE Exhaust - Seconday Cat Delete - AMS FMIC - BMS Catch Can - Rob Beck PCV - LUX 160 AE
Appreciate 0