BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

AA review inside....

So I put in my AA upgraded ECU about a month ago, but the weather in Chicago has been absolutely terrible. Well we randomly had a 55 degree today, and I couldn't pass it up, I had to take the car out. So I went on a 75 mile cruise with a buddy. At first the car felt a little sluggish, but not as bad as I was expecting. After about 30 miles I starting getting on it harder. The car responded wonderfuly, it had very smooth acceleration and the power above 6000rpm felt AWESOME. I did only one full throttle run, from about 20mph to 100mph and I could tell a huge difference. I almost hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear because I was at 8400rpm before I knew it, the car ran through 3rd gear just as fast. The funniest part about the whole cruise was that the car is now averaging 17.0mpg since I installed the tune. This includeds a 10 minute idle from the first day I installed it. Before the tune I was only averaging 16.8mpg overall! So far I'm very pleased, now I just can't wait to get the AA pulley and the ram air scoops.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
So I put in my AA upgraded ECU about a month ago, but the weather in Chicago has been absolutely terrible. Well we randomly had a 55 degree today, and I couldn't pass it up, I had to take the car out. So I went on a 75 mile cruise with a buddy. At first the car felt a little sluggish, but not as bad as I was expecting. After about 30 miles I starting getting on it harder. The car responded wonderfuly, it had very smooth acceleration and the power above 6000rpm felt AWESOME. I did only one full throttle run, from about 20mph to 100mph and I could tell a huge difference. I almost hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear because I was at 8400rpm before I knew it, the car ran through 3rd gear just as fast. The funniest part about the whole cruise was that the car is now averaging 17.0mpg since I installed the tune. This includeds a 10 minute idle from the first day I installed it. Before the tune I was only averaging 16.8mpg overall! So far I'm very pleased, now I just can't wait to get the AA pulley and the ram air scoops.
Good to hear you are Enjoying it ! Drive Responsibly !
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

ram air scoops???

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 04:32 AM   #4
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Damn, I know you're local, I might want to check your car out. I decided on getting AA software pretty soon.
I have the scoops, Pulley and same exhaust as you so far but no software

Want to trade lol? Did you test out the launch control yet? Come to the autoshow sunday my car will be there
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

I got work this Sunday, if you want to meet up sometime that would be cool. I really haven' tried out the launch control much, other than flooring it and it does stop at 3700rpms which is what I asked. I'm in the western burbs, where exactly are you?
Appreciate 0