BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

11-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Last edited by henry418; 01-18-2013 at 06:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
• What’s your job title, organization, and general responsibilities?
CEO, doing basically everything

• Is writing an important part of your job?
Of course.

• What forms of written communication do you use the most (email, memos, letters, blogs, reports, sales proposals, reports, fliers, brochures, etc.)
e-mails, spreadsheets. reports

• Are there any forms of writing that are particularly important within your organization (for example, business proposals)?
Depends on the department

• How important is the ability to write well within your organization?
Considering the people dealt with, it isn't crucial, however I like every email to be well written

• Is there anything unique about your industry that affects your style of writing?
Unique? I wouldn't say so, however we do have our own lingo, as most business sectors do.

• Does the organization assess applicants’ writing abilities when hiring new staff?
Yes!

• Is writing ability important when being considered for promotion?
More how well they communicate, not how eloquent they are

• Have there been occasions when a poorly written document had a negative impact on the organization?
No direct examples come to mind, but I'm sure yes. Mostly failure to communicate, or misunderstandings arise from poorly written emails.

• Do you have any recommendations for good writing practices? (For example, do you recommend writing in plain English?)
Remember what you were taught in school, and perhaps take an extra writing class because some people really can't write to save their lives.
      11-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

• What’s your job title, organization, and general responsibilities?
self-employed researcher, writer, and small biz operator. i'm the captain of my own little ship, so whatever the hell i want as long as the bills are paid and the roof doesn't cave.
• Is writing an important part of your job?
obviously
• What forms of written communication do you use the most (email, memos, letters, blogs, reports, sales proposals, reports, fliers, brochures, etc.)
emails, blogs, forums
• Are there any forms of writing that are particularly important within your organization (for example, business proposals)?
short editorials/essays. also written debate on forums such as this
• How important is the ability to write well within your organization?
the utmost importance
• Is there anything unique about your industry that affects your style of writing?
"jewish mafia, the best kind"
• Does the organization assess applicants’ writing abilities when hiring new staff?
i work alone, but if i was to hire, it'd definitely be a top qualification
• Is writing ability important when being considered for promotion?
again, i work alone, nobody to promote
• Have there been occasions when a poorly written document had a negative impact on the organization?
probably, it happens. live, grow, and learn
• Do you have any recommendations for good writing practices? (For example, do you recommend writing in plain English?)
it depends. but reading profusely (and in broad scope) definitely makes one a better writer.
Appreciate 0