BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

I drove my dad's LS460L for a while...:)

Here's my thread on http://www.clublexus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Anyway, about the car....I love the small steering, the ride quality(close to dead), the V8 sound, Sound system (Oh GOD, Mark levinson rocks), superb rear view camera(You don't need to twist your neck to look at the back) and the comfortable seats with more then enough head room. The best thing about it is people don't mess with this car even though I dont deserve it.

My cons about the car is that it feels kind of heavy on turns, small glove compartment, small boot space, feels kind of slow compared to my car (VTEC yo), too many gears(Kindly find the correct one), no manual shifts(It doesnt hold gears) and its quite long(Parking prob).

I love the car but I won't buy it until I am 40 or something. I like the luxury but I need something sporty.

And finally, I was driving it because this happened(2nd pic)
Attached Images

Last edited by OBI_agent; 03-25-2008 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

1) I respect the LS. I think it's the first truly good car that Lexus has made that would actually interest me if I was to be shopping in the luxury market. Still, it's bland looking, and I don't really like the inside (except overall interior dimensions, especially in the rear, are insane).

2) That sucks about your Accord. What happened?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
1) I respect the LS. I think it's the first truly good car that Lexus has made that would actually interest me if I was to be shopping in the luxury market. Still, it's bland looking, and I don't really like the inside (except overall interior dimensions, especially in the rear, are insane).

I agree with the 'bland' looking statement. It kinda looks like a Camry from the side. Anyway, this car is beginning to grow on me

Anyway, about my Accord's accident, it got rear ended by a Toyota Fortuner(not sold in USA, closest thing could be a Highlander) with a bull bar.I kinda blame myself too.

It happened when I was dropping a friend of mine. I was stuck in a traffic jam in a two lane road. I was driving on the slow lane and suddenly , I see this car on the fast lane stopped for no apparent reason. There was like 4 or 5 cars distance between this car and the next car in front. So I changed the lane thinking that this lane would go faster but, it was to no avail.It was jam packed. Anyway, now I am stuck in the first lane and so, I start talking to my friend. After 10 or 20 seconds, I check the center mirror and see two headlights reeling in really quickly. BAM BAM. He hit me twice. I was like 'WTF'. I put the hazard light on and immediately, I get out of the car to talk to the guy.

When I asked him what happened....he said " I feel asleep and pressed the accelerator instead of the brakes" Lol. I also realised, my car wasn't damaged that badly, and I thanked God for protecting me. I also realised something else. For no apparent reason, I kept a safe distance from the car in front of me. That saved me from rear ending the car in front of me and creating a chain reaction of accidents. I'm usually glued to the car in front of me. Lol.

Anyway, i tell him to park on the side so that we can wait for the cops. He later on informs me that he has no insurance and we should do this later on. I reply to him ''How can I trust you?" He says that he works for the police and he can trust me. He showed me his ID to prove it. Anyway, I did take the pics of the car so that I can later on show it as evidence. But I still had my doubt. I decided to consult my dad and his advise was to let him go and do it later on.My dad spoke to the guy on his cell and he seemed trustworthy. SO I did what my dad told me to do.

Anyway, I tried reaching him the next day and to my surprise, I find out that his cell is switched off. BUMMER. I decide to wait for another day before handing the case to the authority.

The next day, I get a call from him. He questions me in a polite way,where it will be suitable to meet up and I tell him, the closest police station is this one(Somewhere in Dubai). We meet up, he solves the matter by confessing his fault in front of the cops and the deal is sealed. It paid off waiting for him. Later on, the dude thanks me for waiting and trusting him. I also made time to ask him, why his mobile was switched off the other day and he replies "I worked for 48hrs straight. I needed some sleep. I didn't have a choice because I was the head of security and, there were some very important people to protect". Anyhow, I thanked him for being honest. He thanks me again and before leaving, he adds that if I ever need his help, I should never hesitate to call him. Cool guy. .

Now my car is fixed for free, covered by his insurance and, I am back to driving my car.

Thats the before, between and after the accident story. Lol, I gave you a handful read.
      03-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

PS I have nothing to do right now.........lol...So I thought , what the hell....tell him the whole story...LOL!

Last edited by OBI_agent; 03-25-2008 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

The LS is bad ass!! I wouldnt mind driving one to be quite frank. Seriously if you want to feel like you're floating, get a Lexus- it rocks!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #6
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
The LS is bad ass!! I wouldnt mind driving one to be quite frank. Seriously if you want to feel like you're floating, get a Lexus- it rocks!
Dude, the LS460L aint like that. The 19inch rims give a little road feel. . And there is a fake brake feel too .

Your statement will go right with the LS430, the previous generation. Now that was a floater.
      03-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Glad you ok buddy!

And dont get to use to the LS460, because the more you drive a car like that, the more it grows on you. Pretty soon you will become attached.

Same thing happened to me when I was in an accident. I drove my mom's A8 for a couple of months, and I told her its time to by a new car, and to sell this to me for a bit under its value! LOL

She "no thanks", so I bought my 3er.
      03-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I agree with the 'bland' looking statement. It kinda looks like a Camry from the side. Anyway, this car is beginning to grow on me

Anyway, about my Accord's accident, it got rear ended by a Toyota Fortuner(not sold in USA, closest thing could be a Highlander) with a bull bar.I kinda blame myself too.

It happened when I was dropping a friend of mine. I was stuck in a traffic jam in a two lane road. I was driving on the slow lane and suddenly , I see this car on the fast lane stopped for no apparent reason. There was like 4 or 5 cars distance between this car and the next car in front. So I changed the lane thinking that this lane would go faster but, it was to no avail.It was jam packed. Anyway, now I am stuck in the first lane and so, I start talking to my friend. After 10 or 20 seconds, I check the center mirror and see two headlights reeling in really quickly. BAM BAM. He hit me twice. I was like 'WTF'. I put the hazard light on and immediately, I get out of the car to talk to the guy.

When I asked him what happened....he said " I feel asleep and pressed the accelerator instead of the brakes" Lol. I also realised, my car wasn't damaged that badly, and I thanked God for protecting me. I also realised something else. For no apparent reason, I kept a safe distance from the car in front of me. That saved me from rear ending the car in front of me and creating a chain reaction of accidents. I'm usually glued to the car in front of me. Lol.

Anyway, i tell him to park on the side so that we can wait for the cops. He later on informs me that he has no insurance and we should do this later on. I reply to him ''How can I trust you?" He says that he works for the police and he can trust me. He showed me his ID to prove it. Anyway, I did take the pics of the car so that I can later on show it as evidence. But I still had my doubt. I decided to consult my dad and his advise was to let him go and do it later on.My dad spoke to the guy on his cell and he seemed trustworthy. SO I did what my dad told me to do.

Anyway, I tried reaching him the next day and to my surprise, I find out that his cell is switched off. BUMMER. I decide to wait for another day before handing the case to the authority.

The next day, I get a call from him. He questions me in a polite way,where it will be suitable to meet up and I tell him, the closest police station is this one(Somewhere in Dubai). We meet up, he solves the matter by confessing his fault in front of the cops and the deal is sealed. It paid off waiting for him. Later on, the dude thanks me for waiting and trusting him. I also made time to ask him, why his mobile was switched off the other day and he replies "I worked for 48hrs straight. I needed some sleep. I didn't have a choice because I was the head of security and, there were some very important people to protect". Anyhow, I thanked him for being honest. He thanks me again and before leaving, he adds that if I ever need his help, I should never hesitate to call him. Cool guy. .

Now my car is fixed for free, covered by his insurance and, I am back to driving my car.

Thats the before, between and after the accident story. Lol, I gave you a handful read.
That's possibly one of the most complete answers I've ever recieved. You're lucky the guy turned out to be alright in the end. That's a rare occurrence.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #9
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L~R~G nor cal View Post
Glad you ok buddy!

And dont get to use to the LS460, because the more you drive a car like that, the more it grows on you. Pretty soon you will become attached.

Same thing happened to me when I was in an accident. I drove my mom's A8 for a couple of months, and I told her its time to by a new car, and to sell this to me for a bit under its value! LOL

She "no thanks", so I bought my 3er.
Lol...haha! You got that right, I am getting used to it. Anyway, you bought the better car

Quote:
That's possibly one of the most complete answers I've ever recieved. You're lucky the guy turned out to be alright in the end. That's a rare occurrence.
Lol bro....As I said before, I didnt have anything to do. And I sure thank GOD for my good luck. I have heard of load of incidents where people run away.
      03-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:

I have to agree with you there again! I think the car is a little bland and has some BMW in the design. Interior isnt so great, but I'm sure the quality is. Someone I know has one, and I can tell you that overall it does look a lot better in real-life.

I think the next gen Lexus's will be much better. the LF-A concept pretty much confirms that. I love that thing. Overall their cars arent that bad. Interiors are dated but the exteriors arent that far away from my standard, and as I said I cant wait to see next gen models.
      03-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #11
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

my pops was thinkin about hoppin in a 460 or the 600 the other day. To me there just oversized camrys and i feel that with lexus and toyota you cant exactly tell them apart alot as more as u can with honda and acuras.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4scrilla View Post
my pops was thinkin about hoppin in a 460 or the 600 the other day. To me there just oversized camrys and i feel that with lexus and toyota you cant exactly tell them apart alot as more as u can with honda and acuras.

Badge Wh()re! Try before fry
      03-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #13
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

im not a badge whore im just saying you could see traces of the camry in the body of the LS. Nothing to do with the badge at all in fact im one of the few that are actually with the IS-F on this board.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:46 AM   #14
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4scrilla View Post
im not a badge whore im just saying you could see traces of the camry in the body of the LS. Nothing to do with the badge at all in fact im one of the few that are actually with the IS-F on this board.
Haha....I was just playing with you bro.... Anyway, I totally agree with the Camry/ LS460 similiarity. I myself use to mistake a LS460 for a Camry, that is from a far away view.

Hmm but about the IS-F, I totally disgree. I hate it. Sure, the V8 in a tiny car like that is fun but, I particularly hate the space inside. I know it's suppose to be a sports sedan but, there should be some kind of legroom behind. 335 and G35 are way better. I am not that tall but I found it crampy at the back(5,11 is my height)

I favour lexus but, in the sports segment....it's always going be M3>IS-F
      03-29-2008, 02:56 AM   #15
Seanross
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

new LS is nice, I drove it along with all the other Lexi(?) at the taste of Lexus event they had awhile back.

Sorry about the accord dude.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanross View Post
new LS is nice, I drove it along with all the other Lexi(?) at the taste of Lexus event they had awhile back.

Sorry about the accord dude.

Thanks bro...I was just happy that god spared me, my friends and the car. Lmao.