BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
vipUF
Rep
Drives: 2010 Black M3 Coupe

Thank you for all your input everyone. Yes, I made the classic move of "not seeing it for yourself in person." I've watched countless videos and the videos do no justice in deciding which one fits your ear. In regards, to the Gintani Sport, how would you rate the noise difference to the Race? Is it significant? Once again, thank you all for your feedback!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #24
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipUF View Post
Thank you for all your input everyone. Yes, I made the classic move of "not seeing it for yourself in person." I've watched countless videos and the videos do no justice in deciding which one fits your ear. In regards, to the Gintani Sport, how would you rate the noise difference to the Race? Is it significant? Once again, thank you all for your feedback!
Congrats! Gintani is taking over.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #25
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
This is my friend Borat. He is #4 Akra fanboy in Kazakhstan. Nice!
Hi Buddy!! I decided I like Bruno better!! But yes Akrapovich is better than sex its nice

How did I know you would be onto this thread like a rash on a whores backside! Lol

My neighbor in Kazakhstan is Nursultan Tuleiakbay. He is pain in my assholes. I get a window from a glass, he must get a window from a glass. I get a step, he must get a step. I get a akrapovich system for my car, he cannot afford. Great success!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #26
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Hi Buddy!! I decided I like Bruno better!! But yes Akrapovich is better than sex its nice

How did I know you would be onto this thread like a rash on a whores backside! Lol

My neighbor in Kazakhstan is Nursultan Tuleiakbay. He is pain in my assholes. I get a window from a glass, he must get a window from a glass. I get a step, he must get a step. I get a akrapovich system for my car, he cannot afford. Great success!
You're hillarious! I haven't seen Bruno yet but heard it's funny.

Anyways, back to the thread at hand. OP, get a Meisterschaft GT No drone!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #27
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipUF View Post
The sport is much more quieter then the race... Maybe we can make a video of the sport rear section with the stock rear section... Anyone in LA want to do it? I have a camera!
      03-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #28
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
are you drunk? Clearly you don't have one!
24 HP gain and sound is OEM in terms of no drone, but when you get on to it, it sounds alive.
Same sound as the M3 GTS exhaust. Check this link.
And weight saving of more than 45lbs

Definitely a waste of money, a cheap and heavy custom made stainless steel system that barks and drones is much better value for money

Thats exactly what it sounds like. Like stock, well yes but on steroids it sounds like an intelligent persons car
gintani sport...power is the same if not more than the akra, cost is reasonable, weight is less than stock....IMO the akra is going over the top, just because it costs more doesnt mean its the best
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #29
Bweitz1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I just got the Gintani Sport and I love it. Sounds amazing, not too loud but its louder then stock.
      03-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
gintani sport...power is the same if not more than the akra, cost is reasonable, weight is less than stock....IMO the akra is going over the top, just because it costs more doesnt mean its the best
There is no way that the Gintani sport mufflers put out 24hp!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #31
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
gintani sport + gintani x-pipe(full gintani system)...."Bob MG" obviously meant the full akra system
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #32
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
gintani sport + gintani x-pipe(full gintani system)...."Bob MG" obviously meant the full akra system
I will tell you for sure when my arrives

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #33
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
I felt the same way as you the first few days that I had the Gintani race, but trust me give it at least a few weeks and see how you feel. I felt like it settled down a bit or I just got used to it and now I'm loving the sound. At times I hit the gas to get as loud as it once felt before but no luck, go figure Before you sell it and take a loss, just keep it for 3 weeks or so and if you don't like it, than sell it.

Totally agree 100%!!!! You will love it after a couple weeks. It is a big sound jump from stock to the Gintani race but you will get use to it!

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #34
h22a1
Enlisted Member
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Bimmer View Post
Totally agree 100%!!!! You will love it after a couple weeks. It is a big sound jump from stock to the Gintani race but you will get use to it!
I installed my Gintani race two weeks ago from stock and I thought I made the wrong choice as it was waaay too loud and it drones at low rpms. But, now I love the sound. However, I might end up selling the race version and get the sport one cause my 2yr old kid sometimes sits in the back and I dont want her to go deaf...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #35
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

My pick:
Akra, Eise (sport) or Dinan
for daily driving use.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #36
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

From my time on this forum, the Dinan exhaust seems to be the safest bet if you're really and truly sensitive on the loudness & drone.

Since you're already happy with Gintani's service & quality of product, I would go ahead and give their Sport version a shot.

The member named AMPowerJ was also really concerned about the drone & loudness when he was shopping for an exhaust. I'm sure you already know that he went with the Gintani Sport.

After reading his review, he seems very happy with his choice.

Here's his thread just in case you missed it: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352803

Good luck with your decision, vipUF.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #37
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Akrapovic
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 05:20 AM   #38
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
You see there's my mate coming to my rescue!! He is exactly right!!

Until you have inspected both systems in the flesh and felt them in your hand for all the others vs your fingers for the Akra, then heard the tinny CSL like exhaust note of the Akra, and felt the huge power and throttle response difference, you wont know.

And every person who says its not worth the extra $$ has never actually done the above and is speculating. Don't listen or trust these brain surgeons who do this.

Kind of like the guys saying here that sex with Angie, Pam and Carmen all together is shit boring. WTF he hasn't even sniffed either of thier panties so how the fuck does he know what he talking about?

Just because his sort of slim, sort of sexy chick he gets to have sexy times with kicks screams and bites like a rodeo pony, he thinks that is the best sex ever??

Well hello, until you've had all your comparing against, you are unqualified to comment.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #39
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Please bear in mind that a cat-less system will make more power than an Akra which has 100 cell HFCs

This is obvious. But that will make more noise and smell. Again its your choice

I think Akra is coming out with a catless system.

This WILL be cheaper as the HFCs are what costs money in these systems
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #40
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Please bear in mind that a cat-less system will make more power than an Akra which has 100 cell HFCs

trust me when your car is supercharged the Akra smells just as bad! be prepared.

but I will give my review when I get my Gintani system on!

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #41
FusionM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Where are you getting your information that Akrapovic is going to have a catless system?

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #42
KMIII
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M-DCT E92 M3

If you end up wanting to get something else, ill take the Gintani off your hands.
2008 BMW M3 e92 Space Grey/Silver Novillo // 20% tint // Hardwired V1 // Painted side reflectors // Matte black kidney grills // Matte black side gills // BMW Performance steering wheel // Match Schnell air filter // RPi Scoops // Gintani Race exhaust //

2010 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #43
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:

there wont be that much of a number difference between a catless system and aftermarket 100 cell HFC's...

well maybe i should have mentioned "gintani x-pipe with gintani HFC's" so then it would make the comparison apples to apples i never mentioned "catless" in my last post
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #44
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
trust me when your car is supercharged the Akra smells just as bad! be prepared.

but I will give my review when I get my Gintani system on!
Really? I heard it makes it louder as well?
Tell me why you are taking the Akra off and replacing with Gintani?
Appreciate 0