BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

04-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #23
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The only three things that I have learned in 28 years of car buying experience is go to the dealer only to either buy right there, get service or get parts. Never I have been in a dealership for more than 2 hours if I'm buying a car. The last purchase was done by email and the car picked up in another dealer in 10 minutes.

Good advise here. I have also done my last several car purchases through email and I have been in out of the dealership quickly as everything was agreed upon before I got there (even trade-in value for my car). I much prefer to deal through email than physically at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #24
pharmdphd98
PharM3
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The only three things that I have learned in 28 years of car buying experience is go to the dealer only to either buy right there, get service or get parts. Never I have been in a dealership for more than 2 hours if I'm buying a car. The last purchase was done by email and the car picked up in another dealer in 10 minutes.

I do not know what is a dealer bad service just because I do not give them the opportunity to show me what it is. I'm just not interested at all. In and out, that's it. Keep the chit chat to yourself.

I'm not saying that the OP did something wrong to deserve the bad service. What I'm going to say is that the OP did it wrong in going to a dealer to get his car appraised with the condition of not letting anybody to drive it. That's opening the door for the dealer not to take you seriously and then for the mofos to get out.

Don't let the mofos get out.
Your advise about not wasting time at the dealer is well-taken. What you did not consider is the fact that I went to the dealer for a test drive so that I would be comfortable moving forward to a DCT and competition package. I already have nearly new M3 with 6 MT, 220 m wheels and EDC so I have to be sure that I won't regret it. Read the threads by people who regretted their decision and a trip to the dealer doesn't seem like such a waste of time.

I did not say that I won't let the dealer drive my car; I did, however, expect them to ask for my permission, especially after they told me they won't need to drive the car. Perhaps is is because my car is a 6 MT that I am so wary of having a stranger drive it without my presence. Hope this clarifies things a little.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdphd98 View Post
Your advise about not wasting time at the dealer is well-taken. What you did not consider is the fact that I went to the dealer for a test drive so that I would be comfortable moving forward to a DCT and competition package. I already have nearly new M3 with 6 MT, 220 m wheels and EDC so I have to be sure that I won't regret it. Read the threads by people who regretted their decision and a trip to the dealer doesn't seem like such a waste of time.

I did not say that I won't let the dealer drive my car; I did, however, expect them to ask for my permission, especially after they told me they won't need to drive the car. Perhaps is is because my car is a 6 MT that I am so wary of having a stranger drive it without my presence. Hope this clarifies things a little.
The problem is that appraisal and permission to drive the car to be appraised are incompatible... you just cannot expect one to be possible without the other.

Yes, this is "Monday quarterbacking". But that's the way it works just because dealers are bombarded with tire-kickers every single day costing time and ultimately opportunity money. You just got confused with one after 4 hours, unfortunately...

I understand where you are coming from and why you are upset, but I also understand dealers a little bit. I do not condone mofos and bad treatment, but I do understand where they are coming from as well, though.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

the reality out there is like that as usual. especially when they make too much easy money in their pocket their attitude changed over times. I often have bad experiences when bringing a trade to a dealer. you can see in their greedy eyes that they want your car so badly so they can make a quick turn-around big chunk of cash, but the words coming out of their mouth are never impressive.
      04-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #27
macakacheck
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS

driving your car without your permission is just rude... nothing else to say!!! truly a mofo
11 E93 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #28
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

Unless you have a relationship with a CA.... it is hit or miss when stepping onto a dealership.

In 2008 I bought a 550 at Center BMW. Got a fair deal and a good value for trade of my 2001 540. The CA I used was no longer there when I began looking for an M3 which began at Center BMW when I was in with my 550 for an oil change. The CA was "ok," the trade offer was "ok" but they over-valued the price of their used 2011 M3 sedan.

I ended up at South Bay BMW primarily because it was one of the few dealerships that had a new 2011 M3 sedan AND the only one that had a Le Mans Blue. My first visit did not end well as the trade offer was extremely low. However, the CA was a very nice guy. I left the dealership and undertook efforts to sell my 550 via private sale. During the 5-6 weeks, I kept in touch with the CA. After I closed the private sale of my 550, I returned to South Bay and closed the deal for the M3. I would highly recommend the CA.
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
M3Pilot09
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Sharing my Bad Experience................

Phar M3,

Are we talking about the same Center BMW in Sherman Oaks????? The reason I ask is because of the erroneous statements you have made about Center BMW. I have bought 8 cars from them over the past 10 years and the reason I go to them is because there is no arrogance at all. Obviously, you must have asked too much for your car or wanted too much off the new M3. If you had any clue what was going on with M3's you would know they are in very short supply due to lack of engines and other components. That my friend came directly from the President of BMW NA who I was with last weekend at the Long Beach Grand Prix. Your comments about the sales manager Michael are so far from the truth I find it humorous. That guy is the most down to earth, easy guy to work with. While I understand you being upset because of the test drive of your M3 its not that big of a deal, remember while our M3's are awesome cars they are just glorified 3 series my friend and not a Ferrari or Lamborghini. I dont know maybe it's the first nice car you have owned and that the reasoning. I don't know the salesman you were speaking about but I can unequivocally guarantee your comments are once again ERRONEOUS. I know the principal of the dealership as well as the GSM, Service Manager, etc. Those guys are great to work with and would not tolerate the fabricated story you have put together. With that said, go walk into Beverly Hills BMW, Century West BMW or Bob Smith BMW and see how that experience goes. Center BMW is one of the easiest dealerships to work with and the customer service is phenomenal. I have owned 9 M3's, 1 M5, 1 M6, 1 335 and 5 X5's over the past 12 years. Half of the vehicles were purchased and serviced from Center BMW. I have never had any experience with them that I would rate less than EXCELLENT!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #30
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
What I learned is that a dealer is taking a risk in accepting your car as a trade in because they have to put a # on your car. I can't tell you how many times a customer tries to pull a fast one by trading in their car with a known problem. Shame on you for having a hissy fit for a dealership doing their job. Think of it as the dealer test driving your car to make sure it's up to par for trade value, as the same you were trying to do when checking out the 12 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #31
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
What I learned is that a dealer is taking a risk in accepting your car as a trade in because they have to put a # on your car. I can't tell you how many times a customer tries to pull a fast one by trading in their car with a known problem. Shame on you for having a hissy fit for a dealership doing their job. Think of it as the dealer test driving your car to make sure it's up to par for trade value, as the same you were trying to do when checking out the 12 M3
"Shame on you"

"Hissy fit"?

You have poor reading comprehension. The point is that they didn't even ask, and he specifically questioned whether they would drive it. It is simply a matter of common courtesy and proper communication.
Appreciate 0