BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews > Manuals, Brochures, Guides, Bulletins, Documentation.

09-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

^ Yeah, As you all know, this car burns through fuel rather quickly. What's up with the dealer not filling up the petrol? I'm calling NA!

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #24
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Sea

I read the warranty/maint and its true that top offs are not listed. But in this day and age customer service is king and a quart of oil goes a long way towards creating customer loyalty and the spreading of good will in regards to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #25
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
I was told I should get a loaner no matter which dealer I go in for service when I took delivery of the car. I haven't any trouble getting a loaner in NNJ, but looks like forum members from other parts of the country are having different experiences. It's BS.
We got our previous vehicle from BMW North Houston, but since we live on the west side we usually take it to BMW Momentum West for service. And they always pull the 'vehicle not purchased from us' BS when you ask for a loaner.

The only time I was given a loaner (Toyota Avalon lol) was due to some AC issues during hot summer.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordantii View Post
I read the warranty/maint and its true that top offs are not listed. But in this day and age customer service is king and a quart of oil goes a long way towards creating customer loyalty and the spreading of good will in regards to the dealer.
True but I'm pretty sure the dealer can get BMWNA to compensate them for the quart of oil anyways...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
lxada269
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC ///M View Post
Lulz @ M3 owners who won't pay to buy a quart of oil...Talk about cheap bastards!

The idea that you're entitled to it too...

Eye-opening thread, thanks OP.
I never said I wouldn't pay to buy a quart of oil. The fact that it is so cheap is the point - they are trying to nickel and dime customers. And they did it before but now give a BS reason (i.e. I didn't buy a car from them). They told me I could go buy the oil elsewhere and come back and they would fill it up (gee thanks, but I can pour oil into my own car, thanks).

They also won't give loaners when going in for service to those who did not buy a car from them. I will be looking for a new one before long and this ensures I will not buy my next car from them.

The dealership is Tom Bush BMW in Jacksonville, FL.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #28
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Bad service there, my local dealer is awesome, I just picked mine up because the A/C blower was making a little noise and it was replaced. When dropping it off I asked my advisor if they could change the oil since it was due in a couple of weeks, his response was "I'll try". Picked up the car today and oil was indeed changed. Got home and the service indicator wasn't reset. Sent him a text about that and his response was "No, we did the annual oil change and that's why it wasn't reset, wait for the service indicator to show its due and bring it in, we'll change it again" I wasn't even aware of an annual oil change. I guess I'm gonna get two oil changes pretty much back to back because it shows 2700 miles before it's due.

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #29
thugmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Vert.

Oil

Ask nicely. It's up to them if they want to. Best rule of thumb, keep asking. They will eventually say yes to make you happy.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #30
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Dealerships are not required to give anyone a loaner. It's a courtesy, nothing more.

I have come across some dealerships that only have loaners for those that bought a car from them. Again it's a courtesy.
      10-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

The dealership by my house would never top my old DCT off, wanted to charge me for every damn thing possible lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #32
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
The dealership by my house would never top my old DCT off, wanted to charge me for every damn thing possible lol.
?? No one should top off their DCT.
      10-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #33
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Top off DCT?

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco@McKennaPerformance View Post
OP: I think "technically" BMW's warranty/maintenance plan does not cover top off's. I've heard of a few dealers pulling that on M owners locally.

I'm sure if you speak to the service director they will take care of it, knowing if they don't you'll take your business to another dealer who will
I was told the same thing by Hassel BMW but because I purchased the car from them, they said their policy is to top off all fluid free of charge every time I come in
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #35
oldmarco
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEEM3R View Post
I was told the same thing by Hassel BMW but because I purchased the car from them, they said their policy is to top off all fluid free of charge every time I come in
Yeah McKenna always tops off their clients as well. When you purchase a 75K car from us, I'm pretty sure we owe ya a quart once in a while!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #36
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Topping it off is optional. It's up to the dealer to be more customer service oriented and offer free top-off.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #37
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

They refused to top-off the oil at the BMW dealer where i bought my car new (factory order new M3). It was a service associate, not the service manager who was out. I got annoyed and had to insist and argue significantly, and even then that SA still said " i'll pay it out of my own pocket this time but we don't give free top-off's". I think the General Manager who is the one who sold me the car would have handled that better but I'm not even sure about that. Geez is that what I'll to expect for future services under warranty ?

This repeated itself verbatim at another local BMW dealership.
I had to top off the oil twice sofar. At another local dealership I talked to the service manager there and he too gave me the same BS ! I also was able to have them cover it after making a major scene in their showroom but again he said "no free top-offs, this one is on me".

both dealerships in NC. Have not tried to call BMWUSA but i will next time this happens.

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 04-20-2014 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 12:04 AM   #38
preppy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i3 REx - Ionic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
?? No one should top off their DCT.
I think he was referring to his car in the general sense in that it was a DCT m3, not meaning literally that he was topping off his DCT transmission. I can see how his wording makes it confusing though....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 01:22 AM   #39
Smrzy
Rep
Drives: 12' E92 M3

I bought my M3 in Austin, and drove it back to Los Angeles. I had to stop at the BMW dealer in El Paso, because the oil meter dropped below safe. They filled me up without question, and even gave me a spare quart of oil in case I needed some more. I have the factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #40
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
We got our previous vehicle from BMW North Houston, but since we live on the west side we usually take it to BMW Momentum West for service. And they always pull the 'vehicle not purchased from us' BS when you ask for a loaner.

The only time I was given a loaner (Toyota Avalon lol) was due to some AC issues during hot summer.
That is the absolute worst dealership in Houston. STAY AWAY!

Their service department people are clueless idiots and have even less respect than they do knowledge about these cars. They will always fuck something up and blame it on you. I hope that dealership burns to the ground.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #41
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC ///M View Post
Lulz @ M3 owners who won't pay to buy a quart of oil...Talk about cheap bastards!

The idea that you're entitled to it too...

Eye-opening thread, thanks OP.
LOL - agreed.

A quart of Castrol is like 12 bucks. Probably wasted more gas driving across town to the dealer to get the oil they owed you. As someone else stated, loaners are a courtesy.

At least it makes reading car forums entertaining...

BTW my dealership didn't give me free WiFi, is BMW NA the right place to submit my complaint?
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #42
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post

That is the absolute worst dealership in Houston. STAY AWAY!

Their service department people are clueless idiots and have even less respect than they do knowledge about these cars. They will always fuck something up and blame it on you. I hope that dealership burns to the ground.
I took my E92 to Momentum West for service earlier this week, seems like things are a little better now, and they got several Sonic Automotive logos around that weren't there before, not sure if there is a change of ownership.
      09-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #43
chuckvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Coupe

If a loaner and oil for free are that important, better make sure of the policy before buying a car. If you expect to by a M3 at bsically little or no profit for delaer, then do not cry about loaner policy, free oil policy, lack of free sodas, lack of 55 inch tv in the lounge, 1 ply toliet paper in mens room, no internet access ect.

Do not be so penny pinching, go to a bigger dealer and do a little checking. Next thing someone will say free BJ for M3 buyers.

chuck
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #44
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 S54. E90 S65 sold.

I have gotten a free bottle of oil from three different dealers here in DC when my engine needed a top off.