BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

07-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
shake&bake
OZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 M3

DIY Eibach Spring Install & EDC Q's

Replaced the front OEM springs with Eibach Performance springs on Friday. Started with the front with the plans of replacing the rear springs later this week. I used the very helpful DIY instructions available on the forum and everything seemed to go OK. Here are my questions:

1.When swapping out the springs, did anyone replace the swaybar or strut lock nuts with new hardware? I just reused them, but am questioning if I needed new.

2.If I like the ride and look of the car with the Eibach springs in the front and the OEM springs in the back, is there a compelling reason to change out the rear shocks with the Eibach? I have 20" CH-R in 255/30/20, and 285/30/20 in the rear. 3mm chamber plat coming for the front. The car currantly has an even stance and I'm worried if I drop the rear it will be too much it the 30 profile tires.

3.Dove the car home on Friday after the front install with no errors. Washed the car over the weekend and when I started it today there was a EDC error. I checked all the connectors and the wiring harness and everything seems ok. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Others:10' Landcruiser|09' Ducati 848|10' Tundra 5.7| 97' 993 Cab
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
shake&bake
OZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 M3

Update to question #3.

The EDC error turned off this morning. Hopefully reconnecting the connectors and the wiring harness fixed the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake&bake View Post
Replaced the front OEM springs with Eibach Performance springs on Friday. Started with the front with the plans of replacing the rear springs later this week. I used the very helpful DIY instructions available on the forum and everything seemed to go OK. Here are my questions:

1.When swapping out the springs, did anyone replace the swaybar or strut lock nuts with new hardware? I just reused them, but am questioning if I needed new.

2.If I like the ride and look of the car with the Eibach springs in the front and the OEM springs in the back, is there a compelling reason to change out the rear shocks with the Eibach? I have 20" CH-R in 255/30/20, and 285/30/20 in the rear. 3mm chamber plat coming for the front. The car currantly has an even stance and I'm worried if I drop the rear it will be too much it the 30 profile tires.

3.Dove the car home on Friday after the front install with no errors. Washed the car over the weekend and when I started it today there was a EDC error. I checked all the connectors and the wiring harness and everything seems ok. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Others:10' Landcruiser|09' Ducati 848|10' Tundra 5.7| 97' 993 Cab
Appreciate 0