BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
ERinEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3

JL Motoring Diffuser Fit and Finish?

Can anyone comment on their experience with any of the JL Motororing diffusers? I'm considering their Type II, as shown here:

http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E92_E...p/bmdi9207.htm

Last edited by ERinEC; 08-11-2013 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
ERinEC
First Lieutenant
Rep

No one has purchased exterior acessories from them?

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I had a JL arkym rep lip from them that was too short on the sides (like 1/2" on each side) but fit like a glove and was very strong. I once parked into a curb stopper and it the lip picked my car up going over the curb. At the time it bugged me the sides were a tad too short. But the actual filament was pretty dam good around the curves of the bumper. It was dam near perfect.

I now have a arkym lip and its a JOKE. It meets the fenders edge, but its flimsy compaired to the JL lip. The filament SUCKS ass on mine. Dealing with them is a joke! They told me to have it reinstalled and once it was confirmed my lip had issues, they wouldnt replace it because I had already installed it with set screws.

No lip is perfect so from now one I will only buy replicas. JL is pretty good stuff for the money. If I was to do it again, I would get the JL over the real one. I feel like I got ripped off with the Arkym.
      08-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
ERinEC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
I had a JL arkym rep lip from them that was too short on the sides (like 1/2" on each side) but fit like a glove and was very strong. I once parked into a curb stopper and it the lip picked my car up going over the curb. At the time it bugged me the sides were a tad too short. But the actual filament was pretty dam good around the curves of the bumper. It was dam near perfect.

I now have a arkym lip and its a JOKE. It meets the fenders edge, but its flimsy compaired to the JL lip. The filament SUCKS @#!*% on mine. Dealing with them is a joke! They told me to have it reinstalled and once it was confirmed my lip had issues, they wouldnt replace it because I had already installed it with set screws.

No lip is perfect so from now one I will only buy replicas. JL is pretty good stuff for the money. If I was to do it again, I would get the JL over the real one. I feel like I got ripped off with the Arkym.
Thanks for your input. That's a shame about the Akrym lip. I don't mind spending for a quality product, and believe in most cases, you get what you pay for, but it doesn't seem so with some of these exterior accessories.

I also read someone had purchased a type II Vorsteiner diffuser and the fit was not at all up to par. Hard to justify spending the extra coin unless I'm absolutely sure fitment is spot on.
Appreciate 0