BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Question South Korea Cell Phone Question

for those of you who know south korea, do the cell phones here have pay as you go plans? the cell phones are really advanced here and you can literally do everything with it.

when i was in thailand all you need is a SIM card in your phone and you go to any local store they sell these prepaid minute cards which you need to keep buying. you buy it scratch off the code, enter it in your phone and you have the minutes that you paid for and with that you can make calls in thailand, US, and send text messages. if you run out you just keep paying for the cards and register them.

in south korea the only two option GSM are KT Freetel and SK Telecom. i looked on their site but no luck. anyone know if any of these companies offer a plan where i just buy a SIM card and buy the minutes in stores and keep recharging?

i will have a phone that is capable of working in thai, south korea, and US very soon (iphone 3g). i already bought me a SIM card in thailand and know what to do, but in korea it's different. so anybody know?