BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #45
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBull View Post
No sweat.

Good luck with your shoe choice and with your running. The soreness will diminish for that level as you become more fit and efficient by building volume and frequency.

I'd be doing 70+ again but at age 51 my body just can't take it anymore. The most I've done has been 80 miles and that was about 4 years ago. I did hit 52 miles in a week about 4 months ago. Normally now it's about 35-40.
That is a lot. I was in a Marine Corps unit that was "Special" (Retard voice). Jk.

Nah we put about 50 miles in boots a week then an extra 30 or so in running shoes.

I didn't know we were running one day and left my shoes at home, forgot to put them in my trunk.

So I had to wear a buddies Air Jordans for a 12 mile run... Yeah I was 30 minutes slower than my usual partners.

The correct shoe goes a long long way, so whoever says that shoes don't do shit is obviously not a serious runner. I've run in good shoes, great shoes, and excellent shoes, my body and run time reflects each shoe.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #46
Trijicon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

A lot of the top triathletes and marathon pros are starting to use these

http://www.newtonrunning.com/

My brother swears by them. I might pick these up next month. I guess they are suppose to promote mid foot striking rather tha heel striking
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #47
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trijicon View Post
A lot of the top triathletes and marathon pros are starting to use these

http://www.newtonrunning.com/

My brother swears by them. I might pick these up next month. I guess they are suppose to promote mid foot striking rather tha heel striking
That's how I run! I'll have to check these out. I just started running again after a long hiatus due to a surgery.
Appreciate 0