BPM

01-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Nitron 1 E92 M3

Well finally got around to getting some pictures of the nitron 1 coilover kit that I have had fitted!
The quality is fantastic and Spire did a great job of fitting and setting up the car. I will take some pictures of the car with the wheels on but I am just waiting on my Eibach hub centric spacers being delivered! I have gone for 20mm front and 12 mm rear! Should look good on completion.

01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Hot Damn, thats sexy. I was just about to pull the trigger on these Nitrons but the lack of support in the US made be decide on the KW CS.

They are beautiful!
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Hot Damn, thats sexy. I was just about to pull the trigger on these Nitrons but the lack of support in the US made be decide on the KW CS.

They are beautiful!
Thanks,

The finish and quality is the best I have seen! One very happy puppy!.
My car was used to design the kit so I assume that its the first one for the M3 for UK spec maybe??

Either way very pleased? Doing a track day soon so will see how much better when pushed!
      01-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

drool!! congrats OP - should be night and day on the track... what spring rates did you get and what are your camber settings?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
drool!! congrats OP - should be night and day on the track... what spring rates did you get and what are your camber settings?
I have left the set up details in the car which is at work but will post on monday! Spire who fitted the kit set the car up for fast road and as I paid nothing for it thought best not to request to much as all I needed to do was loan them my car for a few weeks!

T
      02-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

Stunning Jamie. You're a very lucky and I'm sure very happy man!
      02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Stunning Jamie. You're a very lucky and I'm sure very happy man!
Thankyou, and yes I am very pleased? I am doing a performance BMW track day on 25th Feb, and Spire / NITRON are going to set the car up so should be fun!!!
      02-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Nice kit... whats the ride quality like?
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The ride feels naturally firmer but not teeth shattering! I was concerned that it would ruin the ride but really pleased to say that the ride is great! The biggest change for me is the way the cars steering feels as made it so precise!
the track day on Monday will really make me see just how good the car is!
      06-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #10
C2VNY
Monster unit
Rep
Drives: Monster spec tme sold

Sorry to pull a old thread back up but how did you get on eventually? I know the cars been sold but am looking for coilovers and can't decide.
Mind was set on kw cs but they don't fit my new wheels so trying to find another.

Cheers

P.s if your still on this

GT4 - AKRA EVO - RECARO - AP RACING -

KW CLUB-SPORTS - VOLKS
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #11
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

I spoke to Nitron and their kits require rebuilds far too frequently for my liking. I do not recall the exact frequency right now but it was ridiculous unless you were set up like a race team.

From discussions with KW & Bilstein plus feedback from owners that have run them, I'll be going with TC Kline DA coilover kit. I like what they have done for the M3, their road & track testing is 1st class as are customer reviews. Also I expect it to be lightweight given the aluminium shocks and lighweight custom Swift springs. I'm trying to get a comparison to stock.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #12
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
I spoke to Nitron and their kits require rebuilds far too frequently for my liking. I do not recall the exact frequency right now but it was ridiculous unless you were set up like a race team.

From discussions with KW & Bilstein plus feedback from owners that have run them, I'll be going with TC Kline DA coilover kit. I like what they have done for the M3, their road & track testing is 1st class as are customer reviews. Also I expect it to be lightweight given the aluminium shocks and lighweight custom Swift springs. I'm trying to get a comparison to stock.
Hi,

I'm in London and am also looking to upgrade my suspension.

Have been looking at various options and am leaning towards Ohlins Road and Track but having seen your post I have researched the TC Kline kit and that looks good too.

Where would you be buying it from (is there a UK dealer) and where would you get it fitted?

Cheers

Jack
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #13
C2VNY
Monster unit
Rep
Drives: Monster spec tme sold

Quote:

Cheers for that info about th nitrons,
Not looked into the tk line too much but really wanted the kw clubsports

Will have a look into them but the ohlins dfv and Jrz rs1 look good but the Jrz would be a pain to get rebuild or fixed as American based.

Mmmmm so hard to choice from ..

GT4 - AKRA EVO - RECARO - AP RACING -

KW CLUB-SPORTS - VOLKS
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #14
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
Hi,

I'm in London and am also looking to upgrade my suspension.

Have been looking at various options and am leaning towards Ohlins Road and Track but having seen your post I have researched the TC Kline kit and that looks good too.

Where would you be buying it from (is there a UK dealer) and where would you get it fitted?

Cheers

Jack
I buy it from Harold and team at HP Autowerks or TC Kline directly in the US. Would advise speaking with them to discuss your specific requirements so that you choose the correct springs and suspension settings; one road and one for track.

All my work is done at PMW in Chelmsford Jack. After your rear sub frame job taking so long, I'd recommend you speak to Daniel (manager) or Peter the owner. Both know the M3 inside out.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 05:02 AM   #15
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for that. I might have a word with PMW.

Yes, the subframe bushings did take a lot of time and Birds are not cheap, but up till now I have always used Birds for all work on my car. Have you done your bushings?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #16
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
Thanks for that. I might have a word with PMW.

Yes, the subframe bushings did take a lot of time and Birds are not cheap, but up till now I have always used Birds for all work on my car. Have you done your bushings?
No, not yet. I did speak to Daniel about it as they have done a few, especially on the E46. That's when I was surprised how long it took Birds as I know how long it takes PMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #17
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, if they haven't done an E92 yet they may find it takes a little longer. Anyway, I would recommend doing the diff and subframe bushings although the benefits are not massive they are still worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 04:41 PM   #18
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:

I was considering Nitrons as well till I read this. I wonder what their rebuild frequency is.

The other options are KW CS which is overkill for me and not sure how they'll do everyday driving with the potholes we have. Then there is Ohlins as well.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0