BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

11-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
I'm sorry but AAMI is tight ass insurance!! You don't have choice of repairer AAMI have there own shops and look to cut cost in a big way.

These are people I would use Allianz, CGU, calliden, lumley special vehicles, MB insurance group, QBE and Shannons
Maybe its different on QLD? As with my 135i they made me get 2 quotes from BMW authorised repairers only and ended up getting it fixed at Motorline BMW's Panel Shop with all new genuine parts

2011 BMW M3 - Mineral White - VF620 Supercharger - Gintani Sport Valved Exhaust - Harrop BBK - Arykym Front lip and Diffuser - KW Sleeve over kit - Forgestar CF5V Wheels
2009 BMW 135i - Space Grey - 11.841 @ 117.81mph - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris///M3 View Post
Can you guys recomend a good insurance company in new york city ?
This is an Australian Forum mate, no idea - best to check out the US of A forum.

Insurance agencies are all scumbags and money grabbers - like stealer-ships - if you are requiring things from them that will ultimately cost THEM money, they will try their hardest to not do it. its pure economics. In my long and exciting life (I'm 26 as well) I have found that everyone has different experiences with different insurers. it very much comes down to circumstance of the accident, the person you get on the phone and the person you are on the phone.

AAMI was the only insurer to offer me something under $1000 so I went with them, if I have an accident I will have to deal with the issues then, but for the moment I know im fully covered if I get in a pickle...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #25
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3 View Post
This is an Australian Forum mate, no idea - best to check out the US of A forum.

Insurance agencies are all scumbags and money grabbers - like stealer-ships - if you are requiring things from them that will ultimately cost THEM money, they will try their hardest to not do it. its pure economics. In my long and exciting life (I'm 26 as well) I have found that everyone has different experiences with different insurers. it very much comes down to circumstance of the accident, the person you get on the phone and the person you are on the phone.

AAMI was the only insurer to offer me something under $1000 so I went with them, if I have an accident I will have to deal with the issues then, but for the moment I know im fully covered if I get in a pickle...

covered for the shitest repairs ive ever seen
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #26
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l View Post
Maybe its different on QLD? As with my 135i they made me get 2 quotes from BMW authorised repairers only and ended up getting it fixed at Motorline BMW's Panel Shop with all new genuine parts
how long ago was that?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #27
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
covered for the shitest repairs ive ever seen
Haha, well i suppose my fear factor is more if I crash into a 458 italia and need to cover the costs as opposed to fixing my own car - but each to their own.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #28
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
how long ago was that?
About 2 years ago

2011 BMW M3 - Mineral White - VF620 Supercharger - Gintani Sport Valved Exhaust - Harrop BBK - Arykym Front lip and Diffuser - KW Sleeve over kit - Forgestar CF5V Wheels
2009 BMW 135i - Space Grey - 11.841 @ 117.81mph - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #29
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

AAMI always seem to get bad rap, but I only ever hear that from bodyshops. Never had any experience on a claim though.

I've had personal experience with wesfamers (coles) on a total loss and they were excellent.

Which mainstream insurers cover superchargers.. I'm sure the list is shrinking?

NRMA
AAMI
Wesfarmers (sometimes)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #30
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
AAMI always seem to get bad rap, but I only ever hear that from bodyshops. Never had any experience on a claim though.

I've had personal experience with wesfamers (coles) on a total loss and they were excellent.

Which mainstream insurers cover superchargers.. I'm sure the list is shrinking?

NRMA
AAMI
Wesfarmers (sometimes)

NRMA only require you car to be in condition where it can be registered for road use, so if a SC is fitted and a mod plate is on no problems. I don;t trust insurance companies though, for example if you had an accident and your exhaust system was too loud it would give them the right to opt out as you couldn't register the car like that. A basic mistrust of Insurers is a good way to make sure you get the right cover.

AAMI Don't know

Coles (Westfarmers) will not insure any car with after market forced induction whether legal or not. You and I will have to find different insurers next year

Those who will and are expensive

Shannons
Just Cars Both owned by Suncorp.

It's also worth a mention that when you do a BBK a mod plate has to be done for the car to be registrable and legal again. I had to get 2 mod plates for mine
Appreciate 0