BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

04-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

European Delivery for new M3

I noticed that most, if not all, new 2008 M3 deliveries were direct shipment to the sales dealer. Unless I missed it, even peformance delivery is rare. I placed my order but I told my SA that I will do both ED and PDC. He told me that they haven't done it for this new M3 yet but he said that it will be no problem (both of us are hoping). I will know the details as soon as I get my actual production date which will be before the end of this month. Did somebody used the ED and/or PDC when they picked up their new 2008 M3? Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE

I have Euro delivery on a week 17 build. First the dealers told me no no no. Shopped it around until I found a dealer that was ok with it. Good luck with it. Don't forget 1200 mile break in
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Remember, no ED discount on M models.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
I have Euro delivery on a week 17 build. First the dealers told me no no no. Shopped it around until I found a dealer that was ok with it. Good luck with it. Don't forget 1200 mile break in
I was told no as well, by multiple dealer...would have been nice to see the mother ship.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
I think the "no discount for M models" is the main reason few have taken the ED route especially with the dollar in the tank against the Euro, it makes an expensive trip even more costly. One forum member here took PDC delivery on his M3 last month. He has a thread on it if you do a search. He's also one of the members of the March 08 Delivery thread at the "general" section.

I considered both ED and PDC but then opted against it because I just wanted to get my car ASAP without any extraneous hassles. Plus, the PDC doesn't include the performance driving school like is included in the M5/M6.
      04-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I think the "no discount for M models" is the main reason few have taken the ED route especially with the dollar in the tank against the Euro, it makes an expensive trip even more costly. One forum member here took PDC delivery on his M3 last month. He has a thread on it if you do a search. He's also one of the members of the March 08 Delivery thread at the "general" section.

I considered both ED and PDC but then opted against it because I just wanted to get my car ASAP without any extraneous hassles. Plus, the PDC doesn't include the performance driving school like is included in the M5/M6.

I was thinking the only reason I was able to get the Euro delivery was because of our tanking dollar and all the M3s sitting in dealer showrooms. I couldn't pass up driving M3 in Europe. Can't wait to fill the tank in Italy$$$
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
valeram
Major
Rep

Thanks for the input and responses. I didn't know that there was no ED discount for M3 until I read the post about the interview. It makes sense since the price of M3 is cheaper here in the US. The only discount then is the 2 for 1 airfare. Maybe I can make some deal with my dealer to at least give me some few hundreds less of MSRP. But the ED is one of my selling point to my wife on getting the M3 even thought the 335 is just more than a year. Anyway, I will know this week or next for the final pricing that includes my trade-in value. But definitely we are going to take an ED plus PDC.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
I was told no as well, by multiple dealer...would have been nice to see the mother ship.
yup, no discount for M3's. I just read in another post that with BMW made a conscious decision to not do the ED discount as they are running on a smaller margin per M3 sold in the U.S. given the crap state of the Dollar vs. teh Euro...and because they sell so many M3's in the U.S. I really wanted to do this but decided against it when I realized I would not get the discount.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #9
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
I noticed that most, if not all, new 2008 M3 deliveries were direct shipment to the sales dealer. Unless I missed it, even peformance delivery is rare. I placed my order but I told my SA that I will do both ED and PDC. He told me that they haven't done it for this new M3 yet but he said that it will be no problem (both of us are hoping). I will know the details as soon as I get my actual production date which will be before the end of this month. Did somebody used the ED and/or PDC when they picked up their new 2008 M3? Thanks for any input.
If your CA says he can't do an ED/PDC, then contact one of the Board Sponsors because they know how to do it

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:15 AM   #10
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
I was thinking the only reason I was able to get the Euro delivery was because of our tanking dollar and all the M3s sitting in dealer showrooms. I couldn't pass up driving M3 in Europe. Can't wait to fill the tank in Italy$$$
yeah let me know how it goes when somebody runs into you in italy. driving there is chaos. also the autostrada is weak sauce.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #11
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
yeah let me know how it goes when somebody runs into you in italy. driving there is chaos. also the autostrada is weak sauce.
I had a blast driving through italy! Huge fun, and lots of looks for the 335i. Everyone wanted to race

M3MIKE, are you saying you were able to get the dealership to knock the price down some on the car also? Or just agree to do the ED @ MSRP? I've heard of people doing the latter, but if you did the former also, then nice work! I am strongly considering an ED M3 next year.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #12
valeram
Major
Rep

Any suggestions on what to do after the scheduled pickup? What about the package tour that BMW is offering? First time to do it so practically we don't know what to expect. I am tempted to take one of those package tour so at least everthing is setup and just follow the yellow brick road. Our plan is to go to Austria and Salzburg to sing the Sound of Music. Definitely it will be cheaper (?) if we just book our own accomodations to those places that we are planning to go. Any recommendations on do's and dont's. Of course drive on the famous road, the Autobahn. But it will be hard to drive on that road while the car is still in break-in condition. I will just look at those fast moving cars overtaking us. Will they let us use or borrow the CD/DVD GPS disk while we are there? Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
valeram
Major
Rep

Sorry for my ignorance. I should read and do more research with regards to this ED. It seems that I have to buy the GPS disk for Europe if I want one. Is somebody here wants to rent his copy or selling his copy?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I had a blast driving through italy! Huge fun, and lots of looks for the 335i. Everyone wanted to race

M3MIKE, are you saying you were able to get the dealership to knock the price down some on the car also? Or just agree to do the ED @ MSRP? I've heard of people doing the latter, but if you did the former also, then nice work! I am strongly considering an ED M3 next year.

No discount, Euro Delivery only. I don't think i've ever seen a discount given on M car for ED. BMW has price sheets for ED and there is no discounts given. I got 7% off of a 645 in 05
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #15
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
Sorry for my ignorance. I should read and do more research with regards to this ED. It seems that I have to buy the GPS disk for Europe if I want one. Is somebody here wants to rent his copy or selling his copy?
Watch on Ebay. If you find one for idrive, you can pick it up for about $50- $100. I have been looking. Can't find one for idrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No discount, Euro Delivery only. I don't think i've ever seen a discount given on M car for ED. BMW has price sheets for ED and there is no discounts given. I got 7% off of a 645 in 05
Yeah gotcha. I knew there was no discount for ED on the M, but I wondered if you had been able to get the dealership to give you some discount on the car anyway. Not an ED-sized discount, no, but maybe something.

We got about 7% off the 335i too - $1200 over ED invoice. Great trip! In an M3, I think it would be even better. Only bad thing besides no discount is paying for the 1200 mi break-in service. IMHO BMW should at least give a voucher for that, but no such luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #17
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only bad thing besides no discount is paying for the 1200 mi break-in service. .
and the fact that you have to have some serious self control in order to follow break-in rules.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah gotcha. I knew there was no discount for ED on the M, but I wondered if you had been able to get the dealership to give you some discount on the car anyway. Not an ED-sized discount, no, but maybe something.

We got about 7% off the 335i too - $1200 over ED invoice. Great trip! In an M3, I think it would be even better. Only bad thing besides no discount is paying for the 1200 mi break-in service. IMHO BMW should at least give a voucher for that, but no such luck.

How do you know 1200 mile service has to be paid for? I'm going to e-mail my CA now. It should be N/C.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #19
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How do you know 1200 mile service has to be paid for? I'm going to e-mail my CA now. It should be N/C.
Because others who've done ED on M cars have said as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
and the fact that you have to have some serious self control in order to follow break-in rules.
True but that goes for anywhere you break your car in. I'd rather do it on vacation where I can put the mileage on it in a matter of 3 days. Not to mention you can do it while driving 100mph legally. I mean you could feasibly do 1200 mi in one day if you really, really wanted to, then enjoy the rest of your trip as you wished.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #20
Krank
Wanabe M3 Driver
Rep
Drives: 740i (M3 Coupe soon)

Quote:
I live in Germany, so I should know a thing or two about BMW service in Europe.

In Europe, BMW does not cover any of the scheduled maintenance of their cars, even if you have purchased a US spec car. My M3 should be at the dealer tomorrow. He has already ordered the parts for the break-in service and has told me it will cost about 500 Euros to have it done. (Once I move back to the US I will be able to use the covered maintenance)

If you want to do ED, make sure you have plenty of cash so you can keep enjoying your vacation. Considering the conversion rate of dollars to euro, filling up the M3 will cost around 100 bucks, and running at high speeds on the autobahn means you will be filling up very often.
      04-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #21
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krank View Post
I live in Germany, so I should know a thing or two about BMW service in Europe.

In Europe, BMW does not cover any of the scheduled maintenance of their cars, even if you have purchased a US spec car. My M3 should be at the dealer tomorrow. He has already ordered the parts for the break-in service and has told me it will cost about 500 Euros to have it done. (Once I move back to the US I will be able to use the covered maintenance)
what dealership is this, or what affiliation? i never paid for the services on my 335i. all i paid for was the oil. i was in ansbach and in grafenwoehr. when you buy a US spec car you get it with the 2 year unlimited coverage warranty. within those two years, BMW covers all of the maintenance and any warranty related issues. when you go back stateside, you have to re-register the car with BMW NA and they convert yoru warranty to the 4 year/50,000 or whatever it is. sounds like you are getting screwed.

Last edited by Big Windy; 04-19-2008 at 05:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #22
valeram
Major
Rep

Maybe I will just drive my car up to 1199 and ship it back immediately. Wow 500 Euros for the 1200 initial service. That is why there is no ED discount for M3.
Appreciate 0