BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-27-2010, 03:10 AM   #45
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicassoM View Post
yup. It was in Mens Health a couple months back. He doesn't drink, ever, period.
Sucks for him, nothing like a glass of Blue Label and a few stogies with the boys...
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 06:05 AM   #46
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Sucks for him, nothing like a glass of Blue Label and a few stogies with the boys...
For real...

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #47
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Plus, it also tastes better, has a better 401K plan, comes with a free toaster and has the ability to chase off the undead and other evil creatures.

Seriously though - more power, WTF? Plus, it's a custom-frickin car - power is whatever they want it to be. Weighs less, is stiffer? It might weigh fractionally less, but the coupe is definitely stiffer from what I remember.

Edit: I get it now, you read the post title, but didn't read the post nor look at the pictures right? He's in a coupe, not a convertible. I agree a convertible M3 would be stupid choice for any type of race car.
I didn't get a toaster. Guess I should have negotiated harder.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #48
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Plus, it also tastes better, has a better 401K plan, comes with a free toaster and has the ability to chase off the undead and other evil creatures.

Seriously though - more power, WTF? Plus, it's a custom-frickin car - power is whatever they want it to be. Weighs less, is stiffer? It might weigh fractionally less, but the coupe is definitely stiffer from what I remember.

Edit: I get it now, you read the post title, but didn't read the post nor look at the pictures right? He's in a coupe, not a convertible. I agree a convertible M3 would be stupid choice for any type of race car.
Wow, excellent post, lol. I don't know it all, so I don't post like I do, maybe I would if I had gone through with my e90 M3 purchase two Christmas's ago. Anyhow, I've always been told that 4-door cars have more chassis rigidity than coupe's...

Also, don't tell Miata, sorry MX5, racers that a convertible is a "stupid choice for any type of race car." They have their own racing series all set up and stuff, it might ruin their day, LMAO.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #49
dirtydorty
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
A glass of Blue Label and cigars? How about 8 cases of Blue Ribbon and a carton of cigs with the boys, lol?

This is sad to say, but out of all the movies I've seen in my entire life, the line " So check it out its like this" has stuck in my mind more than any other much more well deserved quote. Sigh.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #50
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Wow, excellent post, lol. I don't know it all, so I don't post like I do, maybe I would if I had gone through with my e90 M3 purchase two Christmas's ago. Anyhow, I've always been told that 4-door cars have more chassis rigidity than coupe's...
You'll be interested in this then:

http://www.insideline.com/bmw/3-seri...35i-coupe.html

It's a little puffy-looking in the midsection, but that's hard to avoid considering the 3 Series has grown the way it has. Remember the 8 Series Coupe? Well, the 335i rides on a wheelbase 3 inches longer than that car. Fortunately, the 335i avoids the perpetual weight gain of modern cars, squeaking in at 22 pounds lighter than its sedan stablemate, despite besting the sedan's chassis stiffness by 25 percent.

E46? Yeah, as I recall it, that one might have had the sedan stiffer than the coupe. Sounds familiar. But that's an era gone by now.

Quote:
Also, don't tell Miata, sorry MX5, racers that a convertible is a "stupid choice for any type of race car." They have their own racing series all set up and stuff, it might ruin their day, LMAO.
If you actually read it though, I never said a convertible was a stupid choice for any race car, right? I specifically said "convertible M3", which makes the statement absolutely true. A lightweight convertible sports car on the other hand - yeah that can make a fine track car. That's why I would never say it doesn't.

I'm surprised at your reply frankly, and the fact that you didn't read my post thoroughly. I was a bit over the top yeah, but I was replying to a post that was pretty ridiculous itself, and I was still presenting factual information. I recognize your screen name and typically you have great stuff to say. But you let your emotions get the best of you here.

And, for the record, yeah, I think you did miss out by not getting the E9x M3. I'd pick one up whenever you find you have the means. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 12:12 AM   #51
TwoSaints
Second Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

It's a little puffy-looking in the midsection, but that's hard to avoid considering the 3 Series has grown the way it has. Remember the 8 Series Coupe? Well, the 335i rides on a wheelbase 3 inches longer than that car. Fortunately, the 335i avoids the perpetual weight gain of modern cars, squeaking in at 22 pounds lighter than its sedan stablemate, despite besting the sedan's chassis stiffness by 25 percent.

E46? Yeah, as I recall it, that one might have had the sedan stiffer than the coupe. Sounds familiar. But that's an era gone by now.

If you actually read it though, I never said a convertible was a stupid choice for any race car, right? I specifically said "convertible M3", which makes the statement absolutely true. A lightweight convertible sports car on the other hand - yeah that can make a fine track car. That's why I would never say it doesn't.

I'm surprised at your reply frankly, and the fact that you didn't read my post thoroughly. I was a bit over the top yeah, but I was replying to a post that was pretty ridiculous itself, and I was still presenting factual information. I recognize your screen name and typically you have great stuff to say. But you let your emotions get the best of you here.

And, for the record, yeah, I think you did miss out by not getting the E9x M3. I'd pick one up whenever you find you have the means. Cheers.
Is that only comparing the 335i's?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #52
shagkie
Captain
Rep
Drives: a....V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
How do you know he can drive, because of the movie? Christopher Reeves really couldnt fly you know when he did superman.
Oh shit are you serious!?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #53
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:

Not emotional here, even when you say things in this post (another excellent post BTW, lol) when you don't even know me. I'm sure quite a few people on e46 boards would be offended by "But that's an era gone by now." thats ok though, I'll laugh it off, in the not so distant future the F3X's will be out and both of your cars will be in "an era gone by now," what goes around comes around, so be expecting someone to tell you that at some point. As for my "means," I've had the "means" to pick up an e90 M3 since before they were introduced. Just because you have the "means" doesn't mean you should. Unlike most American's, I live WAY below my "means." At this point in my life, I'm still getting into plenty of trouble in my bone-stock (power/drivetrain wise besides hollowed out CDV) 235hp 88,000 mile 2003 ZHP. No need for the extra HP and flash of an e90 M3 right now, I still get TONS of looks and comments on my 7 year old e46. I'll probably end up picking up a clean used 2009+ e90 M3 in a few years, I'll let some other sucker take big hit on depreciation and keep my bank account as fat as it is now...

BTW, I doubt you knew all that about the chassis stiffness difference before spending time googling about it before making that post, which was my point.

Have a nice holiday weekend!

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #54
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Not a bad way to drop $10,000. All it needs now is a Motec system exhaust.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #55
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Not emotional here...
I strongly disagree with that of course - but I don't think there is any reason to debate that point.

We are all passionate people here and sometimes we say thing that others take object to. That was the reason for my post and that was the reason for your reply. The difference of course, is that I added factual counterpoints while you didn't.

Quote:
BTW, I doubt you knew all that about the chassis stiffness difference before spending time googling about it before making that post, which was my point.
But then your doubt is irrelevant. Believe it or not, some people actually know what they are talking about before posting.

And for what it's worth, I did know - at least to the best of my recollection, which is why I said "from what I know" - since I remember this exact discussion coming up before. If you really care you can search through old posts on E90post to prove that to yourself. I certainly don't care enough to do that for you.

Quote:
Have a nice holiday weekend!
You too. Have a beer or three while you or at, it'll help you mellow out and not get so sensitive.

P.S. I'm glad you love your car, but you come off as insecure with all the needless boasting.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #56
redlinetimeattk
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

We have 8 spots left and we are splitting them in half! We are now doing 16 $50 off one day passes. If you wanna come both days we can combine 2 for you, but they are running out fast.

Deal only applies to those signing up over the next 24hours. Contact Brent@redlinetimeattack.com to sign up.
Appreciate 0