BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #45
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermist99 View Post
Yes thats what I was talking about, he is probably still attracted to you but don't care since there are other girls he is hitting on so friends zone is fine. Other men on this thread are saying if he gets a opportunity to hookup with you, he will which is probably true. But you won't let this happen since he is in your friends zone which is also true.

What will you do/do you think will happen if, one day he gets sick and tired of the drama he is having with other girls and tries to hook up with you... I'm just curious, since I know a lot of man right now wants to do this but scared to... including many of my guy friends lol
lol I love him to pieces and would never want things between us to change.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #46
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

As I said other, I've had lots of female friends who I wasn't interested in fucking. Others I was (including the woman who is now my wife). In fact, I think the best kind of relationship is with someone you actually want to be friends with anyway. A platonic woman friend is actually nice to have because you don't have to worry about impressing her/image like with a women you're attracted to, and don't have to worry about macho/competitive posturing like with male friends. I find I can just be myself a little more.

So...woman can have a legitimate platonic guy friend (it helps if she isn't hot)...but option two, a woman with a guy friend who DOES want to be more than friends, are STILL just friends. Think about it; if he was only interested in fucking, he'd make his move. The only motivations NOT to make your move is either because he's a wimp, or he places value on the firendship as it is and doesn't want to blow it.

Last edited by carve; 12-13-2011 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #47
One128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 128i (sold), 06' MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
As I said other, I've had lots of female friends who I wasn't interested in fucking. Others I was (including the woman who is now my wife). In fact, I think the best kind of relationship is someone you actually want to be friends with anyway. A platonic woman friend is actually nice to have because you don't have to worry about impressing her/image like with a women you're attracted to, and don't have to worry about macho/competitive posturing like with male friends. I find I can just be myself a little more.

So...woman can have a legitimate platonic guy friend (it helps if they aren't hot)...but option two...a woman with a guy friend who DOES want to be more than friends, is STILL just friends. Think about it...if he was only interested in fucking, he'd make his move. The only motivations NOT to make your move is either because you're a wimp, you place value on the firendship as it is and don't want to blow it.
Agreed and the mature answer.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #48
silvermist99
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT & X5D 6AT

Garage List
2007 BMW 323I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
lol I love him to pieces and would never want things between us to change.
Things are good right now... wouldn't things be evem better if you're dating him too then? *what if* *what if* *what if* *what if* *what if* *what if* lol maybe he is thinking that too

Quote:
A platonic woman friend is actually nice to have because you don't have to worry about impressing her/image like with a women you're attracted to, and don't have to worry about macho/competitive posturing like with male friends. I find I can just be myself a little more.
hmm good point, I noticed that I talk a lot more trash when I'm with my female friends compare to wife ... maybe it is my hidden side and I now see them as bros... haha
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #49
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
I find I can just be myself a little more
I agree. Nearly all of my female friends I made when either of us was dating someone else, when it's much easier to put aside any sexual motives and act yourself. I think it takes that situation, or some serious maturity on the girl's side for a proper friendship. And after a while, yes, I'd rather keep some girls as friends instead of hooking up, even if they wouldn't be against it.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #50
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Things are good right now... wouldn't things be evem better if you're dating him too then? *what if* *what if* *what if* *what if* *what if* *what if* lol maybe he is thinking that too

hmm
No that would ruin things because then all these "rules" get thrown into place and I dont want to jeopardize anything. Id be devastated. Plus we're just friends anyway no what ifs.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #51
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

blasphemous theory. It oversimplifies to a certain extent. Man will excel when he can stop thinking with his dick...all the time
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #52
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

i have quite a few attractive female friends that i wouldn't want to hook up with or date. there's just no chance. most of my friends are actually female. i have a very beautiful girlfriend, so maybe that helps...but even when i was single...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #53
silvermist99
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT & X5D 6AT

Garage List
2007 BMW 323I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
i have quite a few attractive female friends that i wouldn't want to hook up with or date. there's just no chance. most of my friends are actually female. i have a very beautiful girlfriend, so maybe that helps...but even when i was single...
Will you consider them or will they consider you if you dont have a gf? That is the question. I don't know how to answer that question myself, if I was single I don't know what will happen
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #54
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Test it then, ask if he is dtf and you'll get your answer.

$10 say he is.
I will put 50$ on that as well!
      12-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #55
Chrispy650
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI

that video is truth
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #56
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Will you consider them or will they consider you if you dont have a gf? That is the question. I don't know how to answer that question myself, if I was single I don't know what will happen
i wouldn't consider them.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #57
talisman311
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Www.laddertheory.com