BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

08-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 x2

C'mon man, you know that very few people on here will ever Gintani the Benefit of the doubt and I think you were pretty much the pioneer with the supercharged E92 M. Obviously it was with the Gintani blower and then what happened happened and ever since things haven't been the same for them. Ill be the first to admit I wasn't there but I do remember your vids running their kit long before any other superchargers were out there. As soon as you had the ESS kit everyone hated on Gintani and jumped on the band wagon. At least that sure is what it looks like on this forum
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #24
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
C'mon man, you know that very few people on here will ever Gintani the Benefit of the doubt and I think you were pretty much the pioneer with the supercharged E92 M. Obviously it was with the Gintani blower and then what happened happened and ever since things haven't been the same for them. Ill be the first to admit I wasn't there but I do remember your vids running their kit long before any other superchargers were out there. As soon as you had the ESS kit everyone hated on Gintani and jumped on the band wagon. At least that sure is what it looks like on this forum
Mark, i had nothing to do with people hating on Gintani, people hated on them while i ran their kit, there was a lot of drama, it didn't all of a sudden start after I stopped running their kit, that's a completely false assertion. There were plenty of guys running ESS kits and posting vids of their results as well. There has always been friendly and at times confrontational competition between the vendors/enthusiasts this is nothing new, but most are civil, and some people have blinders on, thinking only their side gets the brunt of it or that the other side is conspiring to bring them down. If anything most of the stuff that is thrown at them is because of Sticky and how he conducts himself, they attach Gintani to him. Regardless Gintani has had some excellent progress, their kits run well, Josh (Tightie's) Stage 2 ran great at the last Airstrip event. But I don't see any of the hate you are referring too in this thread, for the most part it's just people chatting about a race, and comparing the results to others, agreeing or disagreeing on certain points, hardly dramatic and par for the course.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

E92livin can you post a dyno, just curious what it's putting out
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep

Of course competing vendors are gonna have loyal customers who stand behind their investments and I apologize if you thought I meant you in regards to the slander towards Gintani. You've always handled yourself professionally. Some others on here obviously have not and the slight jabs towards Gintani do become annoying. Regardless though, this forum does provide a decent amount of amusement and information at the same time so it's all good!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #27
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3
E92livin can you post a dyno, just curious what it's putting out
Hey, getting a dyno done this week. Kit just got put in last week and it will be a DJ.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Mark, i had nothing to do with people hating on Gintani, people hated on them while i ran their kit, there was a lot of drama, it didn't all of a sudden start after I stopped running their kit, that's a completely false assertion. There were plenty of guys running ESS kits and posting vids of their results as well. There has always been friendly and at times confrontational competition between the vendors/enthusiasts this is nothing new, but most are civil, and some people have blinders on, thinking only their side gets the brunt of it or that the other side is conspiring to bring them down. If anything most of the stuff that is thrown at them is because of Sticky and how he conducts himself, they attach Gintani to him. Regardless Gintani has had some excellent progress, their kits run well, Josh (Tightie's) Stage 2 ran great at the last Airstrip event. But I don't see any of the hate you are referring too in this thread, for the most part it's just people chatting about a race, and comparing the results to others, agreeing or disagreeing on certain points, hardly dramatic and par for the course.
The only hate I encountered was from longboarder thinking that I am "lying" about my set-up which actually made me feel better about my set up. This forum has a lot more ESS customers, which is why it makes it tough for me to get proper feedback on my kit. I guess its just friendly competition in the end . We had 4 races that night for comparo sake and all the results were the same.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
A Gintani Stage 2 can pull a 650 car
Is there any video of this? I haven't come across any so please share.

The Stg 2 Gintani should be a nice match up with a VT2 625 as evidenced by these two runs. Both catless and DCT making similar power on the dyno:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ht=ess+gintani

The 650 you ran can't pull a stock turbo 335? WNF_335i with his setup is making around 430 RWHP. So the ESS 650 car you ran is down maybe 150 RWHP. Hopefully the owner can get it checked out.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #30
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The only hate I encountered was from longboarder thinking that I am "lying" about my set-up which actually made me feel better about my set up. This forum has a lot more ESS customers, which is why it makes it tough for me to get proper feedback on my kit. I guess its just friendly competition in the end . We had 4 races that night for comparo sake and all the results were the same.
Hate? lol. My first post was a joke. Haven't you seen the Gintani twin turbo thread?

And I was correct. Something IS wrong with the ESS 650 to be running straight up with a stock turbo 335. Again, thanks to WNF_335i for coming here and providing very relevant info when apparently you didn't think it was.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #31
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep

I should clarify lol. No disrespect towards Drew or Longboarder. Both seem to be stand up guys with level heads and both provide solid info on this site. I was referring to the general consensus here on the forum with the vast majority knowing very little about Gintani, but seemingly quick to judge strictly off of what someone has posted whether it be true or not. On top of that throwing pot shots in any chance they can. Hopefully one of these days I can get to an air strip attack and have some fun runs with Longboarder. I'm running the stage 2+ kit (same as 2 but with meth for added cooling) and I believe he has upgraded to the 650 pulley. I think that these are the top two kits respectively from each company. Anyway it's not the end of the world at the end of the day regardless of how things go down lol
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #32
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Would love to have you out at AA4 Mark! It's Oct 5th and 6th in Central Cali (Coalinga Airstrip). Registration starts in two days on August 15th.

We should be a good matchup. I upgraded to the 650 kit recently. I also tried water/meth but I lost power so I've since disconnected it.
a couple others
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #33
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep

I wish I knew my schedule man. I'm really curious about what went on with your meth. I'm running it on my mustang as well and it was my tuners first time tuning for it and we didn't really see any difference. We know it was spraying because after consecutive pulls my throttle body was ice cold. Oh well. Regardless man, would love to meet up sometime!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Hate? lol. My first post was a joke. Haven't you seen the Gintani twin turbo thread?

And I was correct. Something IS wrong with the ESS 650 to be running straight up with a stock turbo 335. Again, thanks to WNF_335i for coming here and providing very relevant info when apparently you didn't think it was.
The owner is getting his car checked out this weekend and there is a track day on this sunday at cayuga a 1/4 mile event. hopefully I will be able to do more comparos that day with other ESS cars or another 650kit. There is no video of that race with the 335... but lets not argue, if we have disagreements lets just leave it at that.

Last edited by e92livin; 08-14-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #35
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep

Practice launching then my man! If your gonna do 1/4 runs your gonna have to get those tires really sticky!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #36
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Practice launching then my man! If your gonna do 1/4 runs your gonna have to get those tires really sticky!
I launched it a couple of times with no traction issues, I only plan on doing a few passes that day regardless.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #37
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
Rep

Good deal man! Be safe!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #38
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
I wish I knew my schedule man. I'm really curious about what went on with your meth. I'm running it on my mustang as well and it was my tuners first time tuning for it and we didn't really see any difference. We know it was spraying because after consecutive pulls my throttle body was ice cold. Oh well. Regardless man, would love to meet up sometime!
Mark, try and make it out, you'll have a blast.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #39
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Is there any video of this? I haven't come across any so please share.

The Stg 2 Gintani should be a nice match up with a VT2 625 as evidenced by these two runs. Both catless and DCT making similar power on the dyno:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ht=ess+gintani

The 650 you ran can't pull a stock turbo 335? WNF_335i with his setup is making around 430 RWHP. So the ESS 650 car you ran is down maybe 150 RWHP. Hopefully the owner can get it checked out.
Adam,
I have nothing negative to say about you or ESS. U are a awesome guy, I have nothing but respect 4 u also. Your my buddy.

With all due respect, Gintani does get knocked down every time they do well in something. Not by you directly, but by other ways/people. Your car was not a standard off the shelf 625 kit and we both know that. But yet it was posted as it was. You spanked a normal 625 kit at that event with your 625 kit with a 650 pulley.

Your car is a beast but it isn't a normal 625 kit.. That's all I was saying. It's great that gintani has made a nice product to compare with other vendors but i tried running that 625 kit car that you killed that day and he wouldnt run me after our run.. Before I ran you, he called me out and was ready to run.. Then he went in hiding. We both know that. It just goes to show u how the politics go on the forum.

I could have threw on a smaller pulley, and raced everyone also but i kept it the same way I drive, same file, same everything. To this day, I'm stll running the same file, same pulley, just switched to the self contained blower. I also have put 8,500 miles on the car since that event.

Im not a straight line kinda guy, you know that. I live to track this car. I stepped away from the forum since it wasn't fun anymore since it was all about politics. I was spending more time on the forum reading about this company, that company and was taking away from my work...

I just wanted to put my .02 cents in.

Either way if Gintani did a great product at the end of the day, it would get knocked down, a excuse or something would happen. (Not directing this towards u adam, at all - just saying how everyone thinks one brand is superior to the other)

They are different kits, different qualities and have different levels of building.

I'm friends with any one with a VF, AA, ESS, Gintani, Evolve, whogives a crap what SC u run. I really dont care. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a stand up guy.bI daily drive my M3, I track it on the weekends, and I just have fun with it. If anyone wants to run, sure, I can careless. It's all fun and games. At the end of the day if company X or company B makes 2 more horsepower or is .005 faster, I really don't care. I get zero benefit from it or sexually excited over it.

I don't know why other people care either, it just never made sense for me.

Now when we talk about lap times, heat soaking, etc. I'll be there having fun, shooting the shit with you guys!!

Everyone enjoy your kits, I hope to see everyone at the track

I'll be at Shift Sector with the same setup, It's all fun n games fellas.

Keep modding!!
      08-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #40
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Adam,
I have nothing negative to say about you or ESS. U are a awesome guy, I have nothing but respect 4 u also. Your my buddy.

With all due respect, Gintani does get knocked down every time they do well in something. Not by you directly, but by other ways/people. Your car was not a standard off the shelf 625 kit and we both know that. But yet it was posted as it was. You spanked a normal 625 kit at that event with your 625 kit with a 650 pulley.

Your car is a beast but it isn't a normal 625 kit.. That's all I was saying. It's great that gintani has made a nice product to compare with other vendors but i tried running that 625 kit car that you killed that day and he wouldnt run me after our run.. Before I ran you, he called me out and was ready to run.. Then he went in hiding. We both know that. It just goes to show u how the politics go on the forum.

I could have threw on a smaller pulley, and raced everyone also but i kept it the same way I drive, same file, same everything. To this day, I'm stll running the same file, same pulley, just switched to the self contained blower. I also have put 8,500 miles on the car since that event.

Im not a straight line kinda guy, you know that. I live to track this car. I stepped away from the forum since it wasn't fun anymore since it was all about politics. I was spending more time on the forum reading about this company, that company and was taking away from my work...

Either way if Gintani did a great product at the end of the day, it would get knocked down, a excuse or something would happen. (Not directing this towards u adam, at all - just saying how everyone thinks one brand is superior to the other)

They are different kits, different qualities and have different levels of building.

I'm friends with any one with a VF, AA, ESS, Gintani, Evolve, whogives a crap what SC u run. I really dont care. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a stand up guy.bI daily drive my M3, I track it on the weekends, and I just have fun with it. If anyone wants to run, sure, I can careless. It's all fun and games. At the end of the day if company X or company B makes 2 more horsepower or is .005 faster, I really don't care. I get zero benefit from it or sexually excited over it.

Now when we talk about lap times, heat soaking, etc. I'll be there having fun, shooting the shit with you guys!!

Keep modding!!
Nicely said Tightie.. Facts are facts.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #41
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie
With all due respect, Gintani does get knocked down
every time they do well in something. Not by you directly, but by
other ways/people.
Josh, also with all due respect to you too, Gintani got knocked down because they deserved it. Now they are doing much better, fired their tuner and really got their act together. We're all happy for them now that they make a much better product.

Let's not forget what they did to people any time somebody tried to call BS on their BS. Now it's not BS and I don't see anybody claiming that it is and I don't see anybody knocking them down either. They are doing much better now, and we're all very happy for them because of it, and I see most people are giving them the props they deserve.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #42
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Adam,

Keep modding!!
Not my fight but
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #43
sakimano
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS4

KEEP IT OFF THE STREETS!

Just kidding. But seriously, i would love to see both cars at Cayuga dragstrip. If you ever go, PM me.

Quote:
Had the opportunity to race my buddies ESS 650 M3(BESTNDA416) last night in my Gintani Stage 2 M3. I had picked up my car a couple of days ago and could not be any happier. It was a 2nd gear - 60km rolling start.

Mod List - ESS M3
SGM 08 BMW M3
ESS VT2- 650 - 8 PSI
Challenge Race X- Pipe
Eisenmann Rear Section
KW V3 Coilovers
Volk TE37 9.5/10.5 + Yokohama AD08 265/295
Brembo BBK

Mod List - Gintani M3 - CAMERA CAR
MR 08 BMW M3
Gintani Stage 2 - 7.5 PSI
RPI X-Pipe
OEM Rear Section
H&R Race
RD Sways
RPI Scoops
Toyo R888 275 only rears
Style 219 OEM Wheels

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #44
Axol
Rep
Drives: BMW

Seriously who cares if your car is faster or not. You both have sweet rides. Just leave it at that.
Appreciate 0