BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

05-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Why is it so hard to pick a vacation?

Hey guys, I am having a lot of trouble finding a good vacation spot for me and my family. We want to go somewhere in the Caribbean or to mexico for 7 days. My limit is $10,000 for all inclusive trip. I am having a lot of complications finding a place because its my first time finding it online, anyone have any input?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
M3Alpine
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 AW/SO

www.beaches.com check it out, i been to jamaica and turks/caicos and both were excellent. Turks was def a lil better since it was bigger and had more for the kids to do but its a great family vacation. All inclusive you cant go wrong
2015 AW/SO
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Just got back from ten days in Kauai with my girlfriend not too long ago, I loved it. The total bill was about $6,000, and I'd highly recommend it, but first I think what you have first have to ask yourself what kind of vacation you want.

Do you want to just relax, drink, lounge around on the beach and do nothing?

Do you want to go to a tourist spot and see all the sights? If so, what sort of attractions would you like to see, nature, architecture, etc?

Do you have any activities in mind, such as SCUBA, snorkeling, gambling, etc?

Do you mind being around a lot of old people, or a bunch of kids?

Would you rather be in a crowded place with a booming night life, or a more secluded, quiet spot?

Figure out exactly what it is you're looking for in a vacation, then find the best possible spot that meets those needs.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I've stayed at a couple RIU resorts before... Cabo, etc. They were definitely nice for the money.

http://www.riu.com/en-us/home.jsp
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

How about Aruba?

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Just got back from ten days in Kauai with my girlfriend not too long ago, I loved it. The total bill was about $6,000, and I'd highly recommend it, but first I think what you have first have to ask yourself what kind of vacation you want.

Do you want to just relax, drink, lounge around on the beach and do nothing?

Do you want to go to a tourist spot and see all the sights? If so, what sort of attractions would you like to see, nature, architecture, etc?

Do you have any activities in mind, such as SCUBA, snorkeling, gambling, etc?

Do you mind being around a lot of old people, or a bunch of kids?

Would you rather be in a crowded place with a booming night life, or a more secluded, quiet spot?

Figure out exactly what it is you're looking for in a vacation, then find the best possible spot that meets those needs.
Definately want something with nice pools and a beach with great snorkling spots. Would like a 2 bedroom room if possible, all i can find is 1 bed room rooms which means i would have to get 2 seperate rooms. All inclusive resort is what i want.. Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Republic.html

This is what i had in mind, but the reviews say that the beach isnt very good. I want crystal clear caribbean blue water...man I cant wait! i just need to pick a perfect place
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #8
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Just go to kauai,. maui, or oahu
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #9
tomy21
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I would suggest you to go to Jamaica or Aruba or Kauai .All are really good places and your family would love to enjoy there.So at last its your decision.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 06:45 AM   #10
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW's/Flex Polishers

Why not go to Germany and visit BMW Welt and the Nurbuergring?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #11
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I've stayed at a couple RIU resorts before... Cabo, etc. They were definitely nice for the money.

http://www.riu.com/en-us/home.jsp
Seconded! I love the Riu resorts. Currently a Gold member and the perks of the club are nice (free room upgrades and services and priority based on points like most hotels here).

The food and drinks are amazing as well. Johnny Walker, Bombay, etc. Free 24 hour room service in almost all of their resorts.

Last trip I booked was in Puerto Vallarta (non-carribean side) but it was 7 nights in the pacifico (nicest one down there) along with round trip air fare from Chicago for only $750 a person! It was in November so it was non-peak time, but right after the rainy season and perfect weather!
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #12
fnckr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6mt

I just went through this and am going in a couple weeks. It depends on your kids' ages. Most of the very nice AI are for adults only, meaning 16 or 18 and up. Also does the $10,000 include airfare, or just the resort? I would guess Caribbean or Mexico airfare from Iowa would eat up a lot of that budget for a family of 4.

My suggestions with kids under 16, without knowing much about your situation and assuming you're including air into that budget are,
Azul Sensatori(the sister resort Azul Beach is rated higher but only because it has more reviews and is also a little smaller), Grand Velas (beach side not jungle side).

Also, seriously consider how much your family and you eat and drink. It may be worthwhile to book a Ritz Carlton, or a Fairmount and just pay for meals and drinks. My wife and I use room service a lot because we have a baby and thats why we're going all-inclusive. Even so I'm not sure we're getting our money's worth versus just going to a Ritz Carlton again. However, I do like not having to worry about how many Pina Coladas and Tequila shots I get. You get thirsty on the beach...
      06-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Are you guys allowed to Cuba yet?
Appreciate 0