BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

05-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

After a week of riding in NYC cabs...

...I'll never complain about Illinois roads again. Between completely screwed up road surfaces and decrepit suspensions on the cabs, my bones have been thoroughly shuffled. And NASCAR should recruit from the NYC cab system. What a bunch of lunatics.

Awesome food here, though. We had a great Greek dinner tonight and have eaten well all week. Italian, Thai, Indian, Italian again, and Greek tonight.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
BKV122
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330xi  [9.50]
Yea the roads in the city suck! I hate driving in the city due to the roads and the nutty cab drivers!

Always can find a good place to eat in the city
      05-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

havent been to NYC yet but when i went to New Orleans i felt the same way...

I had one cab driver pick us up in his privately owned cab with 250k miles on it and a aftermarket CD player and subs in the trunk, dude would BLAST rap with all the windows down, and when we would be in traffic he would tap the brakes to make it seem like we had hydrolics while jamming some jeezy from his first album...one of the funniest guys ive ever met...i started singing one of the songs(i was with my dads company guys all dressed up after a business convention) and he was like "how do you know this song" and i replied "im hood yo" and he busted out laughing...
      05-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
and when we would be in traffic he would tap the brakes to make it seem like we had hydrolics
All cabbies do this... and I can't fucking stand it. Especially since I'm already on the verge of vomiting from the fucking pine tree air freshener and absolutely NO air flow on a 100deg day.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
All cabbies do this... and I can't fucking stand it. Especially since I'm already on the verge of vomiting from the fucking pine tree air freshener and absolutely NO air flow on a 100deg day.

never been in cabs until then, im from a small town
      05-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
and when we would be in traffic he would tap the brakes to make it seem like we had hydrolics
I don't understand why they do this crap all the time, 99% of the damn cabs on NYC roads do this...the brake is there and it works!

Other than that, driving slow in left lanes.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

yeah the roads suck but used to get car service back in the day. lincoln town car.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep

It costs aroud 50k to keep someone in jail so just say at any given time 250,000 people locked up . what does that come out to? just 20,000 less people locked up and could build the best roads an public transportation in the world,
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Town cars in NYC ftw. I thought cabbies in Chicago were bad, Jesus. I love NY but the cabbies are insufferable. And there's that whole garbage on sidewalk thing
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Town cars in NYC ftw. I thought cabbies in Chicago were bad, Jesus. I love NY but the cabbies are insufferable. And there's that whole garbage on sidewalk thing
Don't forget the 345 days of crappy weather.

Rain/Humid/HOT/Humid/Rain/Rain/Rain/SNOW/Rain/SNOW/SNOW/Nice Day/SNOW/Rain/Freezing Rain/SNOW/SNOW/Nice Day/Nice Day/Rain/Rain/Rain/HUMID AS FUCK..

Wash, rise, repeat...

The first summer I lived there, I think there was literally 12 days it didn't rain.

I still <3 NY though.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Where else are they supposed to put it? This isn't chicago where our whole city burned down and we had the opportunity to build alleyways for containers. We pick up garbage the same way today that they did 50 years ago. It sucks, but someones gotta do it. Word to the wise, don't ever park your car in front of a mound of garbage. You are asking for bags to get thrown over your car, and juice to end up all over it. And if you think you are gonna "kick someones ass" that does it, you are extremely mistaken. All the guys that work for me are ex-felons who are in and out of jail constantly. They have no little voice that says, "don't do this." They will grab the axle used for containers and beat your ass with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
...I'll never complain about Illinois roads again. Between completely screwed up road surfaces and decrepit suspensions on the cabs, my bones have been thoroughly shuffled. And NASCAR should recruit from the NYC cab system. What a bunch of lunatics.
Cabbies aren't people. Most of them are less than people. They come to this country, get a license, and then just abuse the system. They aren't qualified for anything, don't know shit about the city or directions, and can barley speak English.

The worst part of it all (aside from them being here)... is that it's so tough to enforce the laws with them. It's been publicly stated how they rip off people every year abusing their meters, they cause accidents all the time, and they're constantly breaking laws. Especially driving around with locked doors and their 'On Duty' light on.... refusing fares... among other things.

Maybe 1/3 of them are decent hard working people, but the rest are pieces of shit.
      05-31-2010, 12:27 AM   #13
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep

I had this client who was married to a cab driver and she was nuts and pregenant, she wasted my time which was like $2,500 , I was very angry,
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #14
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
I had this client who was married to a cab driver and she was nuts and pregenant, she wasted my time which was like $2,500 , I was very angry,
Wait... what? As a gigolo you have sex with pregnant women?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #15
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
Cabbies aren't people. Most of them are less than people. They come to this country, get a license, and then just abuse the system. They aren't qualified for anything, don't know shit about the city or directions, and can barley speak English.

The worst part of it all (aside from them being here)... is that it's so tough to enforce the laws with them. It's been publicly stated how they rip off people every year abusing their meters, they cause accidents all the time, and they're constantly breaking laws. Especially driving around with locked doors and their 'On Duty' light on.... refusing fares... among other things.

Maybe 1/3 of them are decent hard working people, but the rest are pieces of shit.
I must have lucked out and found that 1/3. Aside from driving like lunatics, I had no problems with the cabbies. I knew where I was going on every trip, so it would be hard for them to rip me off. And all the cabs have maps that show your location and the route the cabbie is taking, so you can tell if they're driving you in circles. Worst I had was one cabbie who had just finished eating as we got in and he kept belching.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #16
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Where else are they supposed to put it? This isn't chicago where our whole city burned down and we had the opportunity to build alleyways for containers. We pick up garbage the same way today that they did 50 years ago. It sucks, but someones gotta do it. Word to the wise, don't ever park your car in front of a mound of garbage. You are asking for bags to get thrown over your car, and juice to end up all over it. And if you think you are gonna "kick someones ass" that does it, you are extremely mistaken. All the guys that work for me are ex-felons who are in and out of jail constantly. They have no little voice that says, "don't do this." They will grab the axle used for containers and beat your ass with it.
Lol I should've known you'd chime in

I realize there's nowhere else to put it but man it smells like, well garbage esp in the summer

Good advise on not parking by the garbage
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #17
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

the cabs suck, the city smells sometimes, there is garbage littered all over the place, people are rude, but somehow i still love NYC....the food and nightlife are the saving grace
Appreciate 0