BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

06-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #1
Chief Kronos
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

So Father's Day is coming up and I'm at total loss as to what to get my dad. He is a 51 year old business men who loves his tech and cool gadgets, but does quite share my love for anything petro, still always has been the guy who unconditionally has had my back. So I want something that lets him of the appreciation I feel for him. Any suggestions are welcomed.
      06-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #2
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

what about a nice lithograph of his favorite car
A nice bottle of his favorite type of alcohol
nice shaving products
golf outing
some sort of nice weekend vacation package

One thing I did actually for Mother's day is I hired a professional photographer to set up a photoshoot for the family since we basically have no "nice" pictures together as a family that are past high school. That was a hit
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #3
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Porsche Design pen.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 09:12 PM   #4
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
One thing I did actually for Mother's day is I hired a professional photographer to set up a photoshoot for the family since we basically have no "nice" pictures together as a family that are past high school. That was a hit
A spin on that for last minute production is to put together a digital picture frame if you have a decent amount of photos of important people or things to that person.
      06-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #5
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

I like to get New York Giants Eli Manning Jersey
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 11:59 PM   #6
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Not sure what your budget is but I think one of those new GT3's would put a smile on his face. Specially if he's a Porsche guy
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #7
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

IF you both like the PETROL stuff, get some laps TOGETHER at one of the exotics racing things. Or even just the local cart racing, if such exists. The most important part of either of those is TOGETHER

(Almost 50, father of 3)
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #8
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

You seem like a good son, most often that is enough. Like most of us we never realy get to do what we want to do on Fathers day we only get to do what our wives tell us we want to do, ( yea I know all you tough guys do not want to admit it) so do not ask Mom for advice go directly to him grab a few beers and find out what he realy wants to do and make it happen. I am going to an Autocross much to my wifes dismay but I WILL cut it short to spend the afternoon with my grandchildrens parents my son two kids and my daughter two more because their wife and husband respectivly have told them they want to do , LOL
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 12:33 PM   #9
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Does he grill? If so steaks from Allen Brothers.

Other ideas include tickets to an event (sporting event, concert, etc.) you can go to together, a watch or a restaurant gift certificate.
      06-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #10
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Exotics Racing dot com
Coupon code Dad20
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #11
Chief Kronos
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Sorry about responding until now, but I just crossed back into the realm of wi-fi/data. I originally had not planned on going to my friend's ranch in the middle of nowhere (only a landline), but since I was on summer vacation I decided what the hell. Now back to the real world I guess!

Last edited by Chief Kronos; 06-07-2016 at 06:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #12
Chief Kronos
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
what about a nice lithograph of his favorite car
A nice bottle of his favorite type of alcohol
nice shaving products
golf outing
some sort of nice weekend vacation package

I certainly like the idea, but since the "whole Family" is here I'm not sure how my parents would feel about it. Putting that one in back burner till my brother gets back. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
Porsche Design pen.
Just looked over some of their collection, and I was originally thinking a high-end pen. After looking in his den for batteries I found all his nice pens tucked away for "safe keeping". Always uses the same pilot pen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonism View Post
A spin on that for last minute production is to put together a digital picture frame if you have a decent amount of photos of important people or things to that person.
Great Idea! With my brother traveling it's difficult getting the whole family together for a photo-shot, but this seems like a good middle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
I like to get New York Giants Eli Manning Jersey
We're a Dallas Cowboys family.
Still a jersey sounds like a great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Not sure what your budget is but I think one of those new GT3's would put a smile on his face. Specially if he's a Porsche guy
I'm a 23 year-old college student, whose trying to save some money for law school. So maybe a little outside my budget. Would buy for myself first honestly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
IF you both like the PETROL stuff, get some laps TOGETHER at one of the exotics racing things. Or even just the local cart racing, if such exists. The most important part of either of those is TOGETHER

Unfortunately, he does not like traveling because of work and there aren't any tracks really close to us. Still it's on my bucket-list.

(Almost 50, father of 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD335xicoupe View Post
You seem like a good son, most often that is enough. Like most of us we never realy get to do what we want to do on Fathers day we only get to do what our wives tell us we want to do, ( yea I know all you tough guys do not want to admit it) so do not ask Mom for advice go directly to him grab a few beers and find out what he realy wants to do and make it happen. I am going to an Autocross much to my wifes dismay but I WILL cut it short to spend the afternoon with my grandchildrens parents my son two kids and my daughter two more because their wife and husband respectivly have told them they want to do , LOL
I'm not father, but have noticed this in past years. Will definielty take him out for some beers and see what come loose. Appreciate the advise and kind words nonetheless.