BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #749
Junior Barnes
Rep
Drives: 78 Schwinn Varsity, lime green

I apologize ahead of time if this has been mentioned before. This thread is growing almost too quickly to keep up with! With that said...

It's been mentioned by several among us that Ken should place a good faith deposit, per the auction TOS. I agree with this, with the following caveat: use an escrow service. Then, Ken is covered either way: If the dealership maintains their current posture and refuses to honor the auction (or sells him anything other than what is PRECISELY advertised), he gets his money back without a hassle; if they drag their feet, at least he's followed through with the TOS in good faith, but they can't get access to that money to try to screw him further.

EDIT: The question is moot, as they say! Congratulations for now on getting them to at least talk, Ken.

I think it's hysterical that they even mentioned the word "conditions." Who do they think they are? What the hell kind of leverage do they think they have?!

Here are the ONLY conditions that I would accept:

1) We'll have the car in fluff n' puff ASAP.
2) We'd like to offer you a complimentary extended service contract for your troubles.
3) May we pay for your airfare into Lincoln/Omaha in order to expedite delivery? First class upgrades are no problem.
4) Here, have a gas card on us, charged up enough to get you road-tripped all the way home.
5) Tell your friends and the entire media universe (since you have their attention now) how we went out of our way with the above four clauses to make up for our terrible customer service blunder.
6) Have a nice day, and enjoy your new BMW!

Last edited by Junior Barnes; 03-24-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #750
AURktman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1957 Chevrolet Sport Sedan

Congrats! You made it over to the Factory Five Roadster forum (ffcobra.com). You fought the good fight and won! I will also post this on the 55-57 Chevy forum, (trifive.com). I think this touches a chord with everyone because you were the underdog in this fight and came out swinging and won. Please just post an update with the "Conditions" when available. We are rooting for you before and continue to do so!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #751
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
It took 18+ pages and finally a post that made 100% sense to me....and from a new guy!! Seriouslly...this is spot on. For you very few out there suggesting there was a "mistake" made.....read this guy's post again. First of all, it is highly unlikely that someone would make a mistake with this type of money invloved. BELIEVE ME....THIS GUY TOOK HIS TIME WHEN HE TYPED IN THE NUMBERS TO INITIATE THIS AUCTION!!! Second, the guy could have pulled the M3 from auction FOR 3 DAYS!!!!! Lastly, the dealer called the guy with the "winning bid" within seconds after the auction ended.....because he knew he got burned!!!!

Please stop suggesting that a "mistake" was made....it clearly wasn't.
Hey, I had it at the end of page 10.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #752
jestermx6
Registered
Rep
Drives: mazdas, BMWs, and a jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89dub View Post
Don't worry, we are laughing about it over on GMMM.com

anyways good to hear things are starting to move still, if you need a local contact, i don't have much going on this week and can volunteer a little time to help
+1

also would love to help out if u need someone local.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #753
JerseyBeemer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharden90 View Post
I did, I understand its fully optioned up. The Dealership isnt losing any money on this car. They paid $55K with all the options. Without them they pay $50K. MSRP pricing is trickery, along with the invoice. Its all designed for the dealership to make alot of money. They made 5K Profit Selling This car at $60K. They wanted to make a 12K profit but they failed. Trust me if yall think the dealer losed any money everyone is Naive.
Really...really...

...really?

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #754
Educated
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic LOL

AWESOME

So glad this turned out right for you, and hopefully this will serve as a reminder to big companies (not bmw but autodealer-esque) that with the power of the internet it isnt so easy to rob customers.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #755
stlmini
Rep
Drives: 2007 MINI Cooper S JCW

Quote:
Trust me if yall think the dealer losed any money everyone is Naive.
Maybe you are right. Maybe you aren't. Doesn't matter. It's not the point.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #756
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

who else thinks dooma should still sue the dealership for the compensation of his time and all the hardship he has gone thru? j/k
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #757
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Thanks guys, there are good people in this world after all.
I'll post again tommorow.

Regards

Ken

Woohoo, congrats Ken!! Definitely take some time and go over the conditions that they bring up carefully.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #758
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlmini View Post
Maybe you are right. Maybe you aren't. Doesn't matter. It's not the point.
No way in hell he's right. The invoice price on this car is around $64k accoding to Edmunds, as I outlined in detail very early in the thread.

There is no holdback for BMWs, and its highly unlikely that there is 4k more left of profit in this vehicle beyond the invoice price. There might be a little more based on the other couple of factors mentioned by car salesmen in this thread. But another $4k? No. The dealership is almost sure to be taking a hit. The real hit of course is not the $4k though, its that they only get a limited allocation of M3s, and they won't be able to sell this particular one for a nice profit.

But yes, I agree, this is not really the point anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #759
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestermx6 View Post
+1

also would love to help out if u need someone local.
I'm just wondering if it would be a good idea for a local member to pop by the dealership sometime and check out the M3 and its condition (you never know)...not as a spy, but rather just a potential buyer. Just don't give the dealer any idea that you know about this. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #760
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
No way in hell he's right. The invoice price on this car is around $64k accoding to Edmunds, as I outlined in detail very early in the thread.

+1,000. I completely agree
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #761
runutzzzzz
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 M5

Quote:
I did, I understand its fully optioned up. The Dealership isnt losing any money on this car. They paid $55K with all the options. Without them they pay $50K. MSRP pricing is trickery, along with the invoice. Its all designed for the dealership to make alot of money. They made 5K Profit Selling This car at $60K. They wanted to make a 12K profit but they failed. Trust me if yall think the dealer losed any money everyone is Naive

Uhhh ohh.. I think you just spilled the beans on the "secret invoice". BMWUSA is on the way to your house right now. Nice knowing you...

Do you live in the US? or even on earth? The dealership does not buy a 68K MSRP car for $55K.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #762
kingdaviswaco
Rep
Drives: Geo Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

There is no holdback for BMWs, and its highly unlikely that there is 4k more left of profit in this vehicle beyond the invoice price. There might be a little more based on the other couple of factors mentioned by car salesmen in this thread. But another $4k? No. The dealership is almost sure to be taking a hit. The real hit of course is not the $4k though, its that they only get a limited allocation of M3s, and they won't be able to sell this particular one for a nice profit.

Van Tuyl is one of the largest, if not the largest, privately held auto groups in the nation. The dealership per se may lose a few grand on the transaction, but that's nothing off of the bottom line of Van Tuyl Group, the owner of BMW Lincoln. What will hurt is the scads of neg. pub. generated by this bonehead intransigence. Would you buy a car from another Van Tuyl dealership? I'd think twice before walking through one of their showroom doors, and if I did go to buy a car from them, I'd be overly sensitive that these folks may be trying to rip me off.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #763
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Now...after all these....Enjoy ur M3!!!
Make sure everything is in good condition and u do get everything that comes with the car....(e.g. flash light???)
      03-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #764
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Congrats Man That They Will Honor The Price. Just Make Sure You Take It To A Mechanic and Bodyshop to make sure its not one of those Damaged M3s That were totaled out fixed and repaired from the shipping incident. You could be had big time. 60K is a whole lot of money to be scammed.
OHHH GOD!!! I"M BLINNNNNNND!!!!

But seriously... enough of the bold characters, man!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #765
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Thanks guys, there are good people in this world after all.
I'll post again tommorow.

Regards

Ken

ArtPE
bolmedias14
mkoesel
mooseman
Laszlo
yacoub
JerseyBeemer
acidtrunks
rickc
Xcellere
rainsux
ideliver
DJ9
Technic
kingdaviswaco
na335i
tturedraider
moog55
erdoran
e46e92love
ganjadude
viobruin
enlightenment
botchka
NavNurs
dgb2
The Peregrinus
skierman64
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
zavigm
Disinterested Observer
Doesn't Drive
M308CAH
stlmini
Brookzors
italy430
AML
Spazdoc
TimVFR
LilRedGXP
ybbiz34
Los Angeles
RX7owner
Revin9k
mduval1988
Huecifer
BlackJetE90
bradbmw
GalaxyGreySi
Last E92 M3
Epacy
drkbrent
normtrum
C4talyst
Ron21
imafrk
nightkhan
landon305
ShakeR
SteveMondragon
ChrisFastM3
steve40704
ncoday
Illan
joes3series
TheAcAvenger
smmille
lucid
homerjsimp
Avenger
Garissimo
Keto
D0WNxiSH1FT
08fbpSI
MrFoof
Manticorez
JasenWFO
sonofthor
OC kid
MelsM3
max4speed
Samifumi
Fyre Man
djdorifto
mimic
shanks
Adam_B
czechchamp
tiguy99
BlackStar
tivs31
CSL-Fanatik
IrvRobinson
RacerRex
ddsm3
FifthStreetz
Bammered
abuzzl23p
runutzzzzz
marcos
M3aHOLIC84
RAC
Brian W
prova275
EmmEff
Educated
Junior Barnes
paologaspar
cngzsn
hacman
Stealth_M
dlpruk
///MML
redmtclimber
takedown8
mdrobc13
RT8_M3
Jdebitjr
Nucking Futs!
smmmurf
leewoods18
SteveLevin
88M3SanDiego
orangebyke
dommo_g
anosa
ozarkgolfer
Chris_Lee
BimmerBoyz
nootrac22
Hankdoll
buschy
Jack28
achien
ianbiz
McLuVan
knext21
SnowsM3
SmittyNC
prrbill
bodies_from_vent
BMWridin89
Bettor
FCTrs4
lazyhobo
stormrider
Simpoleca
JThw8
kronzprinz
yamazaho
JEllis
dab33d
teritanz
omerfar23
THE_PRO
jgorman13
jm1234
cristios01
Angelus897
bear_2008
CaribooLou
saaboteur
Anonymous Dissent
mrmcderm
gobuffs
iluvmycsx
qortra
GrFa
lvwirelessguy
OC 335i
Salespunk
fizzle
SMSgt B
yahtzee
BogoKi
hakaida442
CallMeDPit
briambran
freakguy54321
Mfive
awesomeness
SBasinger
wtfcorp
bamafun
HeDeservesTheCar
Neu
wontonjon
E394KEN
KL2DC
John
monsta
JoeClothing
Dave_H
eurospek
gundamfans
timsev
thevaliantknight
tdicola
evilsykoskitzo
89dub
jeaguilar
Gurevich8889
Night Hawk
PhaseShift
Indecent
BMWBLOG.COM
gerilc
Stein
ky_soldier
MadDog
hak87
Eichhörnchen
Lil. Lucas
eyemdbmw
pharenx
Bookem
dunjee
jasonintoronto
motionmonk
robb
Minimad
CoolAir
CrownSeven
tRas
kgodfrey
Mateo
Happy13178
Stilig
Greeney
ucla1995
thetastelingers
Glacked
JS11
MrHarris
Gig103
achenator
MC Mo Murda
FourOFour
Bambler
e36_m3
moosepoop
I want to know wat are their conditions??? These words kinda bugs me....
      03-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #766
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Call a lawyer. Contact eBay about a bad seller. Contact BMW NA. Then call the local on-your-side reporter for a Lincoln Neb affiliate. The local publicity will hurt their business. Ebay could stop them from selling on the site - ebay autos doesn't need the bad publicity either. Facing bad publicity, BMW NA questions, ebay investigation (possibly never sell on their again) and your lawsuit the dealer may decide its easier to honor the agreement for an above MSRP price. In other words, put the screws on the dealer. Either you will get the car at the agreed upon price or you will hurt the dealer considerably.

You wont be dealing with them further so no need to worry about that relationship - no service to be performed at that dealer. They brought it on themselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #767
Revin9k
Private
Rep
Drives: Honda s2000

Internet FTW!!

Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #768
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Congrats Man That They Will Honor The Price. Just Make Sure You Take It To A Mechanic and Bodyshop to make sure its not one of those Damaged M3s That were totaled out fixed and repaired from the shipping incident. You could be had big time. 60K is a whole lot of money to be scammed.

man we heard you the first time you said it,and please make your font smaller,i have found that most people are respectful on this site and even take the time to read what you wrote,without it having to take up a shitload of room on the page...calm down man we hear ya.

Last edited by acidtrunks; 03-24-2008 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #769
erdoran
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4si

My guess is that the conditions will be that dooma publishes an agreed-upon posting to this and some other key boards stating that the transaction has been completed to his satisfaction--and I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I personally don't have a problem with that IF dooma is indeed satisfied. All the other stuff--damages, free airfare, gas cards, etc--really is unnecessary and not really appropriate in my eyes. The dealership made good--they tried something & didn't get away with it so they did the right thing (presumably). End of discussion.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #770
Jim Patterson
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 525i; 2006 X-3

BMW of Lincoln

BMW of Lincoln's refusal to honor the $61K ebay M3 auction is outrageous. I hope the buyer sues them, and gets ebay to support him. I urge all who are offended at this sleazy dealer behavior to contact BMW of North America, which I have just done, telling them that as a BMW owner and aficionado, I am offended, and hope they will impose some kind of sanction or penalty on this dealer, which gives him and the marque a bad name.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread