BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #375
alpine335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
i lost track of the number of pissing matches in this thread
Why can't everyone just get along!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #376
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Here's my high level summary:

-Engine blew over a year ago, Jordan resolved the issue with AA then (buy back on kit; owner covers motor). No evidence released at that time suggesting root cause of failure. Now he is not satisfied with the deal and wants more money.
-He contacted them and threatened to take the issue to the boards.
-He has now STATED that the SC caused his motor to fail. His evidence is that the valves didn't contact the pistons (largely irrelevant on this motor) and that he "feels" that they could have been too aggressive with their tune. No proof, "feels". He also wants to know how many motors have failed with the AA kit.
-Oh he also admits to returning his car to stock and attempting to conceal the fact that he had a SC installed on the car and get the dealer to warranty the motor. But his defense is that someone, who he will not name at AA, told him to do this.
-AA has produced evidence from the shadow area of the ECU showing that Jordan over-reved the engine at a mileage after the car had the SC installed. Jordan denies ever doing this.

...there are other details I'm omitting, but that is the gist of it.

So in other words, Jordan has produced zilch to support his argument. There are laws for a reason - you can't just go around saying whatever the hell you want about people. Likewise, truth is an absolute defense. Unfortunately, Jordan has already admitted to being dishonest with the dealer, so there is really no way to trust anything he says. All the more reason why we actually need real facts. If I were AA personally, I would be speaking to an attorney/police about libel and blackmail.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #377
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Totally agree with this!
Same here. Plus after his engine failure he installed a "used" AA SC on a customer's car, a SC he feels is poorly engineered, has insufficient R&D, and is badly tuned - just doesn't make sense even if he told his customer "what might happen"
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #378
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Same here. Plus after his engine failure he installed a "used" AA SC on a customer's car, a SC he feels is poorly engineered, has insufficient R&D, and is badly tuned - just doesn't make sense even if he told his customer "what might happen"
I am sure he stands behind his work and if the engine fails he will cover the cost of the new engine being he installed it - I mean he should have the same expectations for his customers.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #379
BH_Fanaticos77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

This has been one of the best treads in a while and after spending all this time reading it, I think we all, expect maybe OP and/or AA, want to know what really happened to his motor, what actually cause the failure.

Can't wait for Mike to get the data from OP
      01-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #380
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Here's my high level summary:

-Engine blew over a year ago, Jordan resolved the issue with AA then (buy back on kit; owner covers motor). No evidence released at that time suggesting root cause of failure. Now he is not satisfied with the deal and wants more money.
-He contacted them and threatened to take the issue to the boards.
-He has now STATED that the SC caused his motor to fail. His evidence is that the valves didn't contact the pistons (largely irrelevant on this motor) and that he "feels" that they could have been too aggressive with their tune. No proof, "feels". He also wants to know how many motors have failed with the AA kit.
-Oh he also admits to returning his car to stock and attempting to conceal the fact that he had a SC installed on the car and get the dealer to warranty the motor. But his defense is that someone, who he will not name at AA, told him to do this.

-AA has produced evidence from the shadow area of the ECU showing that Jordan over-reved the engine at a mileage after the car had the SC installed. Jordan denies ever doing this.

...there are other details I'm omitting, but that is the gist of it.

So in other words, Jordan has produced zilch to support his argument. There are laws for a reason - you can't just go around saying whatever the hell you want about people. Likewise, truth is an absolute defense. Unfortunately, Jordan has already admitted to being dishonest with the dealer, so there is really no way to trust anything he says. All the more reason why we actually need real facts. If I were AA personally, I would be speaking to an attorney/police about libel and blackmail.
I agree with this synopsis and look forward to the supplemental after "3rd party testing".

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #381
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Maybe over time,some crankshafts are wearin out unevenly makin them out of balance on some engines in the same area causing the same rod to fail. A crankshaft out of balance is more likely to cause an engine failure at high rpm.

BMW has replaced a lot of crankshafts already...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #382
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostM View Post
Haha, yes look at the track record. Slowest and most expensive even with the higher rev limts..

Oh and im not applauding or attacking any kit, im just spreading factual information for the community..
How is it the slowest ? a 6speed ESS kit trailed a AA dct my 1pmh and you say its the slowest ?

A ESS dct trapped 130 and clocked a 6.8 60-130 in the worst of the worst conditions in the US and you say its the slowest ?

A ESS 535 kit trailed AA's best kit behind by 1mph and its the slowest

Dude i cant wait until you get your car at least you will have some sort of ground to speak on considering you don't own a blown M3 yet you down talk one of the top kits

Lets all be adults about this
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #383
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
How is it the slowest ? a 6speed ESS kit trailed a AA dct my 1pmh and you say its the slowest ?

A ESS dct trapped 130 and clocked a 6.8 60-130 in the worst of the worst conditions in the US and you say its the slowest ?

A ESS 535 kit trailed AA's best kit behind by 1mph and its the slowest

Dude i cant wait until you get your car at least you will have some sort of ground to speak on considering you don't own a blown M3 yet you down talk one of the top kits

Lets all be adults about this

M33- Just be happy with the fact that you know whats best...dont feed the trolls!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #384
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Leave it to a expert? Come on Benvo. Your a tuner now? Last time I checked you were just a file loader for PC and now PC can't do tunes in the states anymore.. Sounds like you just want a free read of a Active car.

Just saying buddy.
The DME has already been flashed back to stock so how is he going to get a free read of an Active car?

The point to the read is to perform an independent read of the freeze-frame data stored in the OP's DME to determine if the data matches the freeze-frame data AA have already posted in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #385
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Leave it to a expert? Come on Benvo. Your a tuner now? Last time I checked you were just a file loader for PC and now PC can't do tunes in the states anymore.. Sounds like you just want a free read of a Active car. Just saying buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayerischeMotorenWerke View Post
+1000
+1001

Reading some of the comments that guy had on the wheels and tire threads I wonder if he can even drive let alone tune a car.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #386
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
M33- Just be happy with the fact that you know whats best...dont feed the trolls!!
i got something juicy in the works
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #387
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

Damn....here comes shome more drama in the LBC. I often wonder, would people talk the same if we were out at a bar. Probably not, unless they want a upside the head. I come on to these forums to learn about possible mods for my car, feedback, etc., not to rehash school yard drama. C'mon folks, chil the f out.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #388
alpine335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi

Someone should make this into a movie.

www.xtranormal.com
      01-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #389
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e90 M3's

Data provided by AA shows top speed recorded 175mph.

Why did BMW say their computers pulled a top speed of 198mph?

I know it has spun close to 200mph before, so I am anxious to see what Mike Benvo can pull from the DME.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #390
The Flying Scotsman
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Do I smell a hint of black-mail from the OP?

Sounds like someone wasn't too happy when things didn't go their way, and instead of accepting responsibility for his actions, he decide's to try and switch the blame to the company who have helped him for so many years.

There is no proof of the motor detonating because of the work that Active did to the car. 2008 years have a history of issues even when running with a stock tune. When you add forced induction to a car you will always increase the chance for something to go wrong mechanically to the car.

I have been a customer of active for the last 7 years and have never been treated in any way that I would not be expected.

Why did you wait so long to post your accusations? Maybe it's because you have tried to get your way and have finally realized that a reputable company will not pay for your mistake. Either way, you are at fault. You made the decision to mod your car, so please don't let your ego get the best of you!

Active have done more than enough by refunding you some of the money that you spent when you decided to supercharge your car which is way more than they needed to. Active run a business, not a charity.

People that run their mouth are normally full of it......

Do you really think that you are trying to help people by starting this post or trying to ruin a companies reputation?

Stop before you make yourself look even more stupid!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #391
The Flying Scotsman
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylePoints
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3*GaryShrig*M3 View Post
Do I smell a hint of black-mail from the OP?

Sounds like someone wasn't too happy when things didn't go their way, and instead of accepting responsibility for his actions, he decide's to try and switch the blame to the company who have helped him for so many years.

There is no proof of the motor detonating because of the work that Active did to the car. 2008 years have a history of issues even when running with a stock tune. When you add forced induction to a car you will always increase the chance for something to go wrong mechanically to the car.

I have been a customer of active for the last 7 years and have never been treated in any way that I would not be expected.

Why did you wait so long to post your accusations? Maybe it's because you have tried to get your way and have finally realized that a reputable company will not pay for your mistake. Either way, you are at fault. You made the decision to mod your car, so please don't let your ego get the best of you!

Active have done more than enough by refunding you some of the money that you spent when you decided to supercharge your car which is way more than they needed to. Active run a business, not a charity.

People that run their mouth are normally full of it......

Do you really think that you are trying to help people by starting this post or trying to ruin a companies reputation?

Stop before you make yourself look even more stupid!!!
and why are you defending AA? Because they are your buddies? One can accuse and one can defend. He is accusing just like you are defending. Except you don't know shit.
Lol!

It wouldn't matter who's side I was on because in this situation the facts are on the table and the tuner was not responsible.

Even if there was another company involved, like ESS or Gintani, I would like favor the tuner because of the facts given.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #392
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thread cleaned up. No substantive/technical/constructive comments are being removed.

But, those posts which contribute nothing to the thread but name calling and insults, or serve only to take the thread off-topic, egg-on, or spiral into arguments and drama, will continue to be removed (such as yours, J08M3).
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #393
Edjay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002

May I suggest, to combine the 2 threads? I would make it easier to follow 1 thread instead of 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #394
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 6MT

Shit man, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I have an AA exhaust and I'm happy with it, but it is unfortunate that things didn't work out do well. Good luck with whatever holds in store for you in the future

GONE 2011 SG/Blk E92 M3 CS 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #395
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I am sure he stands behind his work and if the engine fails he will cover the cost of the new engine being he installed it - I mean he should have the same expectations for his customers.
FYI, it was AA and not the OP who installed the OP's used kit on another car.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #396
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
FYI, it was AA and not the OP who installed the OP's used kit on another car.
Where does it say that - his on another car - I dont think so - he said he installed a used kit on a customer car
Appreciate 0