BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

GTB Performance

07-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
SiRR
Private First Class
Canada

Drives: ///M & Si

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.75]
Re-Delivery for Canadians

Question for the Canadians that have done ED.

Long story short, my vehicle has arrived in Halifax on June 14. I been getting regular updates from BMRLVR for CN tracking info, but nothing showing still. Also no news from my dealership, so I called yesterday to see if they had anything - nothing.

Have I missed anything or has BMW Canada forgotten to tell the dealer and I that other paper work is required?

Thanks to the help of some forum members here for the links and updates on the vehicle status on tracking info!

Ricky

2011 E90///M3 Alpine Weiss| 6MT | Carbon Black Leather | Comp Pkge
2007 Si Taffeta White | 6MT | HFP Susp. | VOLK GT-S

Last edited by SiRR; 07-05-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada

Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

Wow. I hate to say this but maybe something might have gone wrong. BMWLVR is also tracking an M3 for me right now. It landed in Halifax on June 27 and was reported as having arrived at the Toronto rail yard late yesterday. Good luck. I feel for you. The anticipation is killing me right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Mark's M
Captain
Canada

Drives: 2012 X5 35i but MISSING the M3

Hey guys. This is the worst part. For mine last year, the boat trip and the CN rail ride across to Toronto were done and over with relatively quickly. And then....it sat for almost 2 weeks in some kind of BMW limbo awaiting transport from the rail yards to the dealership. Calls were made because Jamie also tracked my rail travel and let me know when it arrived in Toronto so it wasn't a question of the dealer not knowing it had arrived. BMW Canada was aware of it too but.....who knows what kind of mechanisms are different for a "lone" vehicle (keep in mind that a E.D. car is almost considered a private car) sitting in a rail yard versus a group of BMW's, Porsches or Mercedes' that are arriving as a group and spoken for by dealerships awaiting delivery or distribution.

I was the first Cdn customer to experience BMW's revamped E.D. program. This was one of the only bugs I experienced. Maybe they haven't worked it out yet. In the interim, the wait I'll be worth it so hang on......

Mark
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
SiRR
Private First Class
Canada

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
Wow. I hate to say this but maybe something might have gone wrong. BMWLVR is also tracking an M3 for me right now. It landed in Halifax on June 27 and was reported as having arrived at the Toronto rail yard late yesterday. Good luck. I feel for you. The anticipation is killing me right now.
That is great news your vehicle arrived at the toronto rail yard!

Mine is somewhere in limbo sitting in Halifax still. Funny, you will have your vehicle before I even get mine loaded onto CN! lol Ironically, we both did ED delivery, so my vehicle must have hit a snag somewhere in Halifax.

Did you dealer or BMW Canada advised you of any furthur documents required once it arrived or before arriving into Halifax? Insurance they require?

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
SiRR
Private First Class
Canada

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.75]
Thanks Mark!

I will wait a few mroe days here, maybe some good news will come, and before I call my dealership again...

I did call BMW Canada, and that did not get me anywhere. They do see it was ED and it has arrived in Halifax, but they advised me, the dealer has to contact the shipping company to find out what is happening...

I am going to look through some info I was able to get from a Calgary dealership last year on ED, maybe something in there may shed some light...

Ricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Hey guys. This is the worst part. For mine last year, the boat trip and the CN rail ride across to Toronto were done and over with relatively quickly. And then....it sat for almost 2 weeks in some kind of BMW limbo awaiting transport from the rail yards to the dealership. Calls were made because Jamie also tracked my rail travel and let me know when it arrived in Toronto so it wasn't a question of the dealer not knowing it had arrived. BMW Canada was aware of it too but.....who knows what kind of mechanisms are different for a "lone" vehicle (keep in mind that a E.D. car is almost considered a private car) sitting in a rail yard versus a group of BMW's, Porsches or Mercedes' that are arriving as a group and spoken for by dealerships awaiting delivery or distribution.

I was the first Cdn customer to experience BMW's revamped E.D. program. This was one of the only bugs I experienced. Maybe they haven't worked it out yet. In the interim, the wait I'll be worth it so hang on......

Mark

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRR View Post
That is great news your vehicle arrived at the toronto rail yard!

Mine is somewhere in limbo sitting in Halifax still. Funny, you will have your vehicle before I even get mine loaded onto CN! lol Ironically, we both did ED delivery, so my vehicle must have hit a snag somewhere in Halifax.

Did you dealer or BMW Canada advised you of any furthur documents required once it arrived or before arriving into Halifax? Insurance they require?
My dealer has not contacted me at all about any paper work requirements. I saw them after my trip and they said that once my car arrived here they would contact me about delivery. However, I never bothered contacting them since then because with the E.H. Harms and Willhelmsen websites and the help of BMWLVR I have been tracking it the whole way. I suspect I knew more about where it was than they did.

I have sent the dealer an e-mail this morning saying I know it is here but am waiting for a response. I am so keyed up about this I can't concentrate.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Ricky!!!!!!

Your car is loaded!!!!!

I will email you the screenshot tomorrow, I am heading out to play hockey now.
      07-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
SiRR
Private First Class
Canada

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Ricky!!!!!!

Your car is loaded!!!!!

I will email you the screenshot tomorrow, I am heading out to play hockey now.

Thank you Jamie!! That is great news!!

Cannot wait for more updates!! Woot, the M is almost home!!

Ricky

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #9
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRR View Post

Thank you Jamie!! That is great news!!

Cannot wait for more updates!! Woot, the M is almost home!!

Ricky
Congrats! Good news.

I still haven't heard anything back from the dealer yet on when mine will be delivered. It's been in the local rail yard since Monday night. I e-mailed them to let them know it was here and they didn't seem to know about it. The anticipation is getting worse every day. I must be looking a little obsessive to my friends.
Appreciate 0