BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #4379
Definitive
definitivecars.com
Definitive's Avatar
United_States
94
Rep
3,793
Posts

 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Thats why I like the aerial atom better. It is street legal.

__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #4380
Bowser330
Captain
9
Rep
916
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

you have to come to CCC!
we were just talking about the ariel atom. Either that or the KTM would be insane.

I agree a lot with your post, ive read that the cayman is a monster on the track again because of the mid-ship design and the weight dist.

Have the seen that porsche boxster spyder, only 2866lbs with the PDK trans.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #4381
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,809
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
you have to come to CCC!
we were just talking about the ariel atom. Either that or the KTM would be insane.

I agree a lot with your post, ive read that the cayman is a monster on the track again because of the mid-ship design and the weight dist.

Have the seen that porsche boxster spyder, only 2866lbs with the PDK trans.
lol have I seen the spyder? I was going to buy one!

But I realized how impractical it really is

Cayman's always kick my ass on the track on the tight turns lol.

Ariel Atom being street legal is a great plus, but for me, if it gets to the point where I can get either one, I honestly don't know which I will take.

I'm a couple years away so we'll see
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #4382
Definitive
definitivecars.com
Definitive's Avatar
United_States
94
Rep
3,793
Posts

 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
SEAN, you better not go to CCC this wed, the one day I wont be there! HA. I guess you'll come out again sometime soon since I need to fix your switch...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #4383
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,809
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
SEAN, you better not go to CCC this wed, the one day I wont be there! HA. I guess you'll come out again sometime soon since I need to fix your switch...
haha funny I was actually going to say I might be able to make it this wed!


We'll see

Since I didn't go to work today I might be working my butt of this week... we'll see
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #4384
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
jeskaM3's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
251
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe ('01)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hueneme, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to jeskaM3 Send a message via MSN to jeskaM3
have you guys ever heard of/used this place?

looks like a good deal: Lucky Auto Detailing in Hollywood
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #4385
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
30
Rep
2,893
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
have you guys ever heard of/used this place?

looks like a good deal: Lucky Auto Detailing in Hollywood
Any place that offers a waterless car wash is not a place that I would go to. That place also looks more like an "express" detail place (i.e., 45 minutes). Keep in mind that a proper detail should take anywhere between 4 hours (1 step) to 7 hours (multi-step).
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #4386
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Any place that offers a waterless car wash is not a place that I would go to. That place also looks more like an "express" detail place (i.e., 45 minutes). Keep in mind that a proper detail should take anywhere between 4 hours (1 step) to 7 hours (multi-step).
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #4387
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
on a side note... i'm stuck on this 10 year old from the HTC commercial... such a great singing talent.



__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #4388
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
M_BYEEE's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
3,196
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (6)

^^^ being AZN FTW!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:56 AM   #4389
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
M_BYEEE's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
3,196
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (6)

have you seen this jason...

__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #4390
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
30
Rep
2,893
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Yea, she's pretty good. It's a shame that there are so many talented singers who never make it big, but there never seems to be a shortage of talentless "artists", if you can call them that (i.e., 98% of people on the radio).

Mainstream music sucks. How people enjoy todays artists is beyond me. Most of them don't even write their own songs, they just sing them and to top it off, there is so much auto-tune/voice enhancers being used that most of these artists don't even have the ability to carry a tune on their own.

/Rant
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 03:10 AM   #4391
Bowser330
Captain
9
Rep
916
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

i concur, its all about selling the image to the fan base to generate the almighty dollar. It has little to do with talent.

Oh and btw Wes, i am going to have disturbing nightmares now

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 03:14 AM   #4392
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
30
Rep
2,893
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
i concur, its all about selling the image to the fan base to generate the almighty dollar. It has little to do with talent.

Oh and btw Wes, i am going to have disturbing nightmares now

Thanks!
You watched the dubbed version, didn't you?

I told you that you were in for a surprise.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #4393
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
have you seen this jason...

yeah... saw that awhile ago.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 03:56 AM   #4394
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Yea, she's pretty good. It's a shame that there are so many talented singers who never make it big, but there never seems to be a shortage of talentless "artists", if you can call them that (i.e., 98% of people on the radio).

Mainstream music sucks. How people enjoy todays artists is beyond me. Most of them don't even write their own songs, they just sing them and to top it off, there is so much auto-tune/voice enhancers being used that most of these artists don't even have the ability to carry a tune on their own.

/Rant
Personally, i'd rather listen to an artist who writes their own lyrics, composes their own music and sings their own music.

For you to say mainstream "sucks" is your opinion and you're entitled to it. But i like some mainstream music so suck it. I'm not saying i love everything auto-tune cause that's far from the case. Auto-tune, Vocoder or talk-box's are all awesome and all change music to help an "artist" with tone and pitch.

Out of curiosity... which mainstream artist's bother you the most for your reasoning above?
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 03:57 AM   #4395
Bowser330
Captain
9
Rep
916
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
You watched the dubbed version, didn't you?

I told you that you were in for a surprise.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 04:20 AM   #4396
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
30
Rep
2,893
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
Personally, i'd rather listen to an artist who writes their own lyrics, composes their own music and sings their own music.

For you to say mainstream "sucks" is your opinion and you're entitled to it. But i like some mainstream music so suck it. I'm not saying i love everything auto-tune cause that's far from the case. Auto-tune, Vocoder or talk-box's are all awesome and all change music to help an "artist" with tone and pitch.

Out of curiosity... which mainstream artist's bother you the most for your reasoning above?
Haha.

Well, I didn't want to write an essay in my last post so I didn't go into too much detail. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some mainstream music (e.g., Black Eyed Peas), but I enjoy it because is catchy, not because the lyrics have any meaning behind them (another minor annoyance of mine, but let's not get into that lol) or any sort of artistic value.

Lots of artists don't write the majority, if any of their stuff (e.g., Rihanna and Beyonce). That alone doesn't bother me much, but I just find it funny when people look at some of these artists like they're God's gift to earth.

Mainstream music has been like this since before any of us were born (n.b., Elvis). It is what it is. Most people don't mind because they aren't listening to music from an artistic point of view, which is fine, but sometimes I want something with a little more depth.

Jason, you probably think that I'm a cynic, but I'm not!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #4397
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,809
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

I like music that sounds pleasurable.

Yes I'd prefer something deeper with meaning (say, Tupac, B.I.G., Eminem, old school rap), but I won't deny that I enjoy Rhianna, Beyonce, Lil Wayne, and such.
Their lyrics may not mean much but as long as the music is pleasurable to my ears, I'll listen to it
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #4398
Bowser330
Captain
9
Rep
916
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

A lot of the time I find myself listening and paying attention to the rhythm and the beat and not paying much attention to the lyrics.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #4399
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,809
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

is it bad whenever I see a GTR on the street I want to go out and buy one?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #4400
DriftDreamzSS
Captain
DriftDreamzSS's Avatar
9
Rep
628
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oxnard, Ca / Lafayette, LA

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to DriftDreamzSS Send a message via Yahoo to DriftDreamzSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post

Before I got into the BMW came (meaning before my 335i), I had a 986 (Porsche Boxster in case you didn't know) and a 996 Turbo (Porsche 911 Turbo)

I would take my e93 over any of those cars today without question.
However, my e93 M3 does not handle nearly as well as either of those cars.
Wow, I get the boxster but surprised you would take the e93 over the 911 turbo. What were the specs on the 911, coupe or cab, 6mt, x50? Got any pictures of it? Ive been really wanting to pick one of those up, I cant believe how much car you get for such little money with those. Ive seen decent ones for 40k and immaculate x50 ones for under 50k. Some day I really want a 911, 996 TT seems like the obvious choice for value but im thinking 993 turbo or 997 C2S w/ aero would be awesome too.
__________________
_
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1day riz will have an m3, i owe jason :d, james loves nails, jamie <3s octomom, jason wears lizard shoes!, persian hates women, riz gives out handjobs, riz has sulfur ass, riz is happy with dps, wes = megakooni, wes is too flashy, yousif da traitor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST