BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
digi
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e92 m3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: southeast

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Purple Power degreaser for wheels?

I just bought this at a local advance auto store to clean my wheels and it was the easiest wheel cleaning experience ever. I even bought a wheel brush expecting some mild agitation, but didn't even have to take the tag off and will be returning it later. I probably haven't cleaned my wheels for about 7-8 weeks, and my car is a dd that sees roughly 25-30 miles a day. All I did was apply PP degreaser to wheels abundantly, waited a minute and rinsed off with pressure washer. I was amazed at how effortlessly the grime came off. It really just disappeared instantly. 95% of dirt comes off, and the other 5% you have to wipe off because of the spaces behind the spokes where the pressure hose won't hit due to the angles.

I've tried p21 before and had to agitate for the second layer of grime to come loose. I can't believe it, all for just 3.49 at your local parts store. Anyone else have experience with this, and is it too harsh on wheel coating for long term use?
Attached Images
 
digi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
cghempel
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 200
iTrader: (1)

I have used that stuff before on some old cars of ours. It works great for wheels and things like that. Just don't use it on your interior...it can take the color right off your leather if you are not careful.
cghempel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
digi
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e92 m3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: southeast

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Thanks, I will stay clear of any interior contact. I was even careful not to get it on the exterior paint.
digi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST