BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Soni
Major General
Canada
150

 
Soni's Avatar
 
Drives: Just a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CANADA eh!


Posts: 8,377
iTrader: (35)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [4.50]
Americas Army

Anyone here play AAO??
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
00o00
Private
United_States
9

 
00o00's Avatar
 
Drives: its comming...
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CT


Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to 00o00
i did for awile but i stoped mainly due to not having enough time to play anymore and im at bording school which doesnt have connection out or whatever, now that i work all the time when im home in the summer and next year college i prob wont even bother updating it anymore, maybe if i have a lot of time on my hands one day but meh i dont know...

its a pretty cool game tho
i also used to play Battle Field 2
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
211

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue


Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
lol AA is just a promo game from the US army... US army is targeting those who are good at first person shooter games now too... thats prety sad. let the nerds defend our country lmao.
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
Soni
Major General
Canada
150

 
Soni's Avatar
 
Drives: Just a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CANADA eh!


Posts: 8,377
iTrader: (35)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [4.50]
games its cool and not easy and the best thing is....its free!! Haven't been playing for a while due to busy at work.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #5
Wai328
Major
Hong Kong
20

 
Wai328's Avatar
 
Drives: F31/E90 328i/M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: YVR/HKG


Posts: 1,031
iTrader: (1)

I played it but it mess up my com
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:28 AM   #6
ski360
Second Lieutenant
12

 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
lol AA is just a promo game from the US army... US army is targeting those who are good at first person shooter games now too... thats prety sad. let the nerds defend our country lmao.
So just because someone play's a game they're considered a nerd? IMO anyone that is brave enough to put on the uniform and do what is asked of them doesn't deserve to be called names.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #7
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
211

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue


Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360 View Post
So just because someone play's a game they're considered a nerd? IMO anyone that is brave enough to put on the uniform and do what is asked of them doesn't deserve to be called names.
do you know what i just typed? i said AA is a promo game for the military... from what i heard... they send you army advertisements in the mail...

its propaganda...

anybody brave enough to put on a digital uniform? what are you talking about? we're talking about a GAME... not the military... and the fact that they're targeting those who like playing video games is pretty sad. if you don't see the implications of this.. then im sorry. just because your good at the game does nto make you a likely candiate for the army--yet the army is using this as a tool to recruit potential soldiers... brave or not this is sad...marketing the army through the use of popular entertainment. the idea that you have to MARKET the army is the saddest...
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #8
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
39

 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA


Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
lol AA is just a promo game from the US army... US army is targeting those who are good at first person shooter games now too... thats prety sad. let the nerds defend our country lmao.
A lot of current and ex-military play the game and like it for its realism, so do you want to retract your infantile assumptive statement? Or perhaps you would like to serve a year or two in Iraq and get your attitude straight?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
211

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue


Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
A lot of current and ex-military play the game and like it for its realism, so do you want to retract your infantile assumptive statement? Or perhaps you would like to serve a year or two in Iraq and get your attitude straight?
lol what? do you even know why i wrote that? i wrote that because that game is propaganda and its marketing the army to the youth. you cannot prepare for battle through a video game... one shot to the dome and your dead. do you not get that? do you understand this?

AND WHAT REALISM? YOU DONT LOSE AN ARM OR A LEG AFTER BEING SHOT IN THE GAME... you just ruined your own argument...

and what attitude? i'm simply stating the facts. i support the troops... my friend is joining the army... but that doesnt even matter-- people like you get all defensive when people talk on the other side... free your mind from bias.
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:45 AM   #10
ski360
Second Lieutenant
12

 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
do you know what i just typed? i said AA is a promo game for the military... from what i heard... they send you army advertisements in the mail...

its propaganda...

anybody brave enough to put on a digital uniform? what are you talking about? we're talking about a GAME... not the military... and the fact that they're targeting those who like playing video games is pretty sad. if you don't see the implications of this.. then im sorry. just because your good at the game does nto make you a likely candiate for the army--yet the army is using this as a tool to recruit potential soldiers... brave or not this is sad...marketing the army through the use of popular entertainment. the idea that you have to MARKET the army is the saddest...
I responded to your statement about nerds defending our country. All I'm saying is your wrong in saying that. Futhermore my PC friend, why sterotype people that play games as nerds.

Everything revolves around marketing. Its how word gets out. I'm not defending it, but they use tools like this to generate interest. Why is it sad to use recruiting tools?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:46 AM   #11
ski360
Second Lieutenant
12

 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)


Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
lol what? do you even know why i wrote that? i wrote that because that game is propaganda and its marketing the army to the youth. you cannot prepare for battle through a video game... one shot to the dome and your dead. do you not get that? do you understand this?
Its not trying to simulate anything. The only thing it was designed for was to get people interested in what the army is doing.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:51 AM   #12
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
211

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue


Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360 View Post
Its not trying to simulate anything. The only thing it was designed for was to get people interested in what the army is doing.
the nerds part was a joke... i guess you couldnt laugh at that because we're talking about the US army hurrr!
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #13
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
39

 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA


Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360 View Post
Its not trying to simulate anything. The only thing it was designed for was to get people interested in what the army is doing.
Think he was talking to me.

And yes it is very realistic. The tactics r real, the training is real, the death is real. It's not like CS or the other FPS's where you can jump 20 feet, shoot while doing cartwheels etc. The physics are real. And since the Army's volunteer recruitment rate is so low, this game gets people interested in the Army. The most realistic part? Teamwork -which is what the Army is all about. Pick your battle buddy and stick with him.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #14
e90owner1
Private First Class
20

 
e90owner1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: candyland


Posts: 175
iTrader: (2)

2 questions..

where can I get the game?

and also, do you think I could run it on a macbook? 2 ghz 512 mb ram..?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #15
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
125

 
Dammmittt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen


Posts: 4,332
iTrader: (0)

Y'all get angry far too easily. Chill out
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #16
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
211

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue


Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90owner1 View Post
2 questions..

where can I get the game?

and also, do you think I could run it on a macbook? 2 ghz 512 mb ram..?
i dont think it runs on macs... maybe if you have the windows OS it will...

americasarmy.com
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #17
Soni
Major General
Canada
150

 
Soni's Avatar
 
Drives: Just a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CANADA eh!


Posts: 8,377
iTrader: (35)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [4.50]
it can run in MACs
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #18
C4talyst
Private First Class
11

 
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Washington D.C.


Posts: 190
iTrader: (0)

It may be "just" a marketing tool for the US Army however they licensed the UT engine to run it and it was very well developed. I used to play a lot...very fun game. Nowadays I only place Counter-Strike: Source due to time constraints.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST