BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Steve Thomas BMW

06-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
alpine92m3
if you want peace,prepare for war

Drives: 2008 AW e92 m3 coupe

Afe stage 2 intake?

Anyone has this.. I'm thinking about buying this .. Is it worth it? Yes or no.. Any noticeable gains beside noise ? And what's the difference between oiled and dry filter? Thanks !
alpine92m3 is offline   United_States
      06-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Dave07997S
Colonel

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine92m3 View Post
Anyone has this.. I'm thinking about buying this .. Is it worth it? Yes or no.. Any noticeable gains beside noise ? And what's the difference between oiled and dry filter? Thanks !
kitw measured 6rwhp throughout the rpm range, not just at peak. I have it and I did feel like the car was more "eager". For the money I think its a pretty good deal.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
      06-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
Green-Eggs
Captain

Drives: BMW

Quote:
What modifications do you have already? Worth it depends on what you have & what you are looking for IMO.

From the Afe site

Pro5R is 5-layers of progressively finer mesh oiled cotton gauze which offers maximum airflow. This media is ideal for those who drive mostly on paved street and highway who want maximum horsepower. 2) ProGuard7 is 5-layers of progressively finer oiled cotton gauze used in the Pro5R media backed by another 2-layers of finer porosity synthetic non-woven media which offers maximum protection. This media is ideal for those who do a lot of unpaved, off-road driving in severe dusty and dirty environments where protection is more important than maximum horsepower. This media is most popular with compression-ignition diesel truck owners. 3) ProDryS is a 3-layer progressively finer porosity synthetic non-woven media, which is oil-free and offers maximum convenience since it does not require re-oiling. This media is ideal for those who donít want the hassle of re-oiling a filter
      06-20-2011, 01:37 AM   #4
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
I have had it on my car for about 5,000 miles and am happy with it. The engine bay has more of a grown. Horsepower gain is not going to be huge with an air intake. I would estimate 7 ish horsepower and torque gain max.

I think I have the oiled one (the filter is blue)

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
      06-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
alpine92m3
if you want peace,prepare for war

Drives: 2008 AW e92 m3 coupe

I have sec cat delete and resonator delete .. Sounds like most of you like it ..!
alpine92m3 is offline   United_States
      06-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
sfp power
Private

Drives: E92 M3 Coupee

I also am interested in this product Now i have a after market air filter , supersprint exhaust and a remap. Will it be worth it? Or not much difference with my filter now ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7hM...eature=related

Nice sound !
      06-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
SV Concepts II

Drives: E90 M3

aFe makes a solid intake system, one of the best on the market. The main difference between the dry and oiled filter is that the dry filter offers 50% better air flow over stock and offers less maintenance. The oiled filter offers 75% better air flow over stock, but it requires you to clean and re-oil the filter periodically.
SV Concepts II is offline   United_States
      06-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
Tim B.
Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

I've had mine installed for about 3 months now. I can honestly say i didn't notice anything, but maybe a bit more of a sound. I also have a Gintani race rear section and Challenge street x-pipe. Would i do it again, probably so, since it wasn't that much ~$440. Also, cause i saw where kitw reported 6whp with it. I also have the dry filter.