BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #133
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 977
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
+1 I hate when people push things just because there is a "realease date"

As long as its not GT5
or duke nukem, 15 years just to find out the game is trash LOL
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #134
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
or duke nukem, 15 years just to find out the game is trash LOL
haha that game is more of a parody game
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #135
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,408
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
I personally dont mind waiting an extra month from the announced release date, because it means the game gets much better... even though it just might kill me.

Wasnt the release date moved UP? It was originally slated to be released in November, now its October 25th.
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #136
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
+1 I hate when people push things just because there is a "realease date"

As long as its not GT5
Or Diablo 3...though I'd rather wait for an exquisite game, than get a subpar game sooner.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #137
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Actually, the devs prob wanted to do a March 2012 release date like they did with BC2, but EA would've wanted a BF3 vs MW3 thing going, so Oct 25 is when it had to be. Wish they would let the devs take their time, but oh well, just means its coming sooner
cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #138
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
Actually, the devs prob wanted to do a March 2012 release date like they did with BC2, but EA would've wanted a BF3 vs MW3 thing going, so Oct 25 is when it had to be. Wish they would let the devs take their time, but oh well, just means its coming sooner
I wish games would release in May, right in time for summer.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #139
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
I wish games would release in May, right in time for summer.
Summer is when you should be out enjoying the weather (unless ur a e90post addict :P)
cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #140
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
Summer is when you should be out enjoying the weather (unless ur a e90post addict :P)
I don't check this forum as much as I used to...don't like the new members much and most of the oldies have moved on/rarely post any more.


Here's some PS3 footage for you noobs who will be playing on console. It looks great I think.

DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 02:40 AM   #141
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,408
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
At least they played it on the correct console
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #142
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
At least they played it on the correct console
+1 looks AWESOME!
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #143
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
At least they played it on the correct console
They did, the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. Though, i was surprised to see the R1/L1 being shoot/zoom. Ive seen those controls on CoD before, is that the usual for a FPS on the PS3?
cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #144
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,408
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
They did, the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. Though, i was surprised to see the R1/L1 being shoot/zoom. Ive seen those controls on CoD before, is that the usual for a FPS on the PS3?

Yes. Using L1/R1 to ADS/Shoot is the standard button config for PS3 shooters. The triggers have too much of a delay when pressed. I was annoyed that you can't change a 360 controller config on CoD to be similar to the PS3 layout, yet you can change the PS3 layout to match the 360 one if you want to.
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #145
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Yes. Using L1/R1 to ADS/Shoot is the standard button config for PS3 shooters. The triggers have too much of a delay when pressed. I was annoyed that you can't change a 360 controller config on CoD to be similar to the PS3 layout, yet you can change the PS3 layout to match the 360 one if you want to.
Ugh, using L2/R2 to ADS/Shoot just feels so disgusting.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #146
lm1z
Major
 
lm1z's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 1,133
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Ugh, using L2/R2 to ADS/Shoot just feels so disgusting.
+1
__________________
PAST 2002 GGP Lexus IS300 - RMM - HKS - Rays
PAST 2007 Black Sapphire E90 335i - BMS - JB+
PAST 2010 Jerez Black E92 M3
PAST 2012 Mineral White E92 M3
CURRENT 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5
lm1z is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #147
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

[quote=Sylon;9837963]The triggers have too much of a delay when pressed./QUOTE]

The spongyness of the PS3's triggers is what i hate about the controllers and that is also prob the cause of the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
I was annoyed that you can't change a 360 controller config on CoD to be similar to the PS3 layout, yet you can change the PS3 layout to match the 360 one if you want to.
Using the triggers is so much more natural, I guess that's why they felt giving the option wasn't necessary.
cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #148
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

So many videos and info from the past 2 days

Flashlight blinding him at 0:29 and laser sight blinding him at 0:45, so awesome.




cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #149
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Yep the game looks great...trying to get into the alpha.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #150
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 977
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Yep the game looks great...trying to get into the alpha.
same but it never works for me!
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #151
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
same but it never works for me!
make sure you sign up for the news letter and download origin...that should increase your chances. also make sure your vet status is up to date
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #152
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 977
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
make sure you sign up for the news letter and download origin...that should increase your chances. also make sure your vet status is up to date
i had some trouble with the veteran thing, i just got battlefield 2 to show up but it only shows 2 of the expansions when i had all 3. also i can't get 2142 to show up, i have my EA nickname but it keeps saying my PW is wrong but it can't be because it's the same PW i used for my main EA account.

also will downloading all the demos they have listed help too even if they're pretty old?

i've done everything else too but no luck for the alpha . are you only allowed one chance per day to sign up?

i think it's pretty gay that you have to do all this crap just to play the beta, EA should give access to everyone who pre-ordered.
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #153
Nedim
Captain
 
Nedim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA

Posts: 712
iTrader: (4)

Cant wait for this game. got it preordered already
Nedim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #154
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
i had some trouble with the veteran thing, i just got battlefield 2 to show up but it only shows 2 of the expansions when i had all 3. also i can't get 2142 to show up, i have my EA nickname but it keeps saying my PW is wrong but it can't be because it's the same PW i used for my main EA account.

also will downloading all the demos they have listed help too even if they're pretty old?

i've done everything else too but no luck for the alpha . are you only allowed one chance per day to sign up?

i think it's pretty gay that you have to do all this crap just to play the beta, EA should give access to everyone who pre-ordered.
Expansions don't add to your vet status, demos certainly won't do anything.

Just get on EA Live Chat (from Origin.com) and say that you're having trouble getting your vet status updated. They will just add the games that you say you have manually. No need to look up your CD-keys.

Also you only sign up once for the newsletter and then pray that you get the alpha-invite email.

edit - I think you were talking about this site - https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/index.php?id=1 - I think it only works if you get the invite code.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST