BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
reficuliu
Private First Class
 
reficuliu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 140
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Help! trunk piece/tab inside, what is this??

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but i looked inside the manual and could not find out what this piece was. There is a black tab attached to the upper roof of the inside of the trunk. It flips down, and folds back up, but i cant figure out what it does or what its there for. I drive an 07 E92. Anyone?? Thanks in advance.



reficuliu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

is that the emergency trunk release? ya know, so you can't get locked (or lock someone) in the trunk of the car. mine's a yellow thing that you pull, but i don't know how it works on E92s. other than that.. who knows?? only way to find out is to get yourself in the trunk and close it! (fold the seats down first though, haha)
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
reficuliu
Private First Class
 
reficuliu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 140
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
is that the emergency trunk release? ya know, so you can't get locked (or lock someone) in the trunk of the car. mine's a yellow thing that you pull, but i don't know how it works on E92s. other than that.. who knows?? only way to find out is to get yourself in the trunk and close it! (fold the seats down first though, haha)
lol nope mine is a yellow handle as well. its attached to the trunk lid, not in the interior portion of the car. and its not to lay down the back seats either.. . because there are another 2 separate handles for that. .. .. . .but thanks for the suggestion.
reficuliu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
335si
Private First Class
 
335si's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: earth

Posts: 192
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reficuliu View Post
lol nope mine is a yellow handle as well. its attached to the trunk lid, not in the interior portion of the car. and its not to lay down the back seats either.. . because there are another 2 separate handles for that. .. .. . .but thanks for the suggestion.
I believe it holds the spare tire well lid up. Open the lid/cover then place the tab down to hold it up.
__________________

2007 BMW 335i Cpe AW 6MT - All Stock
1972 Yamaha R5 (350 2-stroke)
335si is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
reficuliu
Private First Class
 
reficuliu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 140
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335si View Post
I believe it holds the spare tire well lid up. Open the lid/cover then place the tab down to hold it up.
YES!!!! Thank you!! That's exactly what it is, now i can finally sleep peacefully at night lol.
reficuliu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST