BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
MaxcySpeed & Company
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
 
AlpWtE92's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SF / Bay Area

Posts: 319
iTrader: (0)

I tried BMW Mountain View for my 1200 mile service last year and while I did not have a horrible experience there, I cannot recommend them. The service took two days because they did not know what needed to be done to my car. I understand that the car had only been out for 2-3 months when I went so it was probably the first e92 M3 they've had to service, but they could have done some preparation in the 2 weeks after my appointment was made. Additionally, they took my car for a 4.5 mile "joyride."

Since that experience, I've been going to BMW SF. Chris and Yorma over there are both good guys. They have taken care of all my car's needs and successfully trouble shot some minor annoyances too. My only minor complaint is that the service reps are sometimes hard to get a hold of, but they do get back to you, just not quickly.
AlpWtE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
johnhk79
Major
 
johnhk79's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWtE92 View Post
I tried BMW Mountain View for my 1200 mile service last year and while I did not have a horrible experience there, I cannot recommend them. The service took two days because they did not know what needed to be done to my car. I understand that the car had only been out for 2-3 months when I went so it was probably the first e92 M3 they've had to service, but they could have done some preparation in the 2 weeks after my appointment was made. Additionally, they took my car for a 4.5 mile "joyride."

Since that experience, I've been going to BMW SF. Chris and Yorma over there are both good guys. They have taken care of all my car's needs and successfully trouble shot some minor annoyances too. My only minor complaint is that the service reps are sometimes hard to get a hold of, but they do get back to you, just not quickly.
I've had the opposite experience at SF. They don't fix the little things and have blamed my mods in the past. I took it to Peter Pan, and they were able to fix a sensor that SF didn't know was causing limp mode.. and another time where they found out the rear shock mount was damaged that SF also didn't know to fix. SF's SAs are nice.. but the guys working on your car don't know their a5sholes from their mouth.
johnhk79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #25
sc_tr0jan_m3
Major
 
Drives: CB 2004 E46 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (0)

^ tell me how you REALLY feel...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
dude.. i have gas right now. curry will cause stank farts for me. if i drink lots of milk, then ill shart.
sc_tr0jan_m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
johnhk79
Major
 
johnhk79's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
^ tell me how you REALLY feel...
is there a couch for me to lie down on
johnhk79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #27
sc_tr0jan_m3
Major
 
Drives: CB 2004 E46 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
is there a couch for me to lie down on
andy has a lap for you to place your head....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
dude.. i have gas right now. curry will cause stank farts for me. if i drink lots of milk, then ill shart.
sc_tr0jan_m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #28
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
 
AlpWtE92's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SF / Bay Area

Posts: 319
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
I've had the opposite experience at SF. They don't fix the little things and have blamed my mods in the past. I took it to Peter Pan, and they were able to fix a sensor that SF didn't know was causing limp mode.. and another time where they found out the rear shock mount was damaged that SF also didn't know to fix. SF's SAs are nice.. but the guys working on your car don't know their a5sholes from their mouth.
Hmmm, interesting. I might have to check out Peter Pan next time. Do they give you a loaner car even if you didn't purchase your car from them?
AlpWtE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #29
johnhk79
Major
 
johnhk79's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
andy has a lap for you to place your head....
:shifty: Sal might not approve. lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWtE92 View Post
Hmmm, interesting. I might have to check out Peter Pan next time. Do they give you a loaner car even if you didn't purchase your car from them?
yea they did.. but I haven't gone to Peter Pan for more than 2 years.. and SF BMW for 3+ years. so my review is somewhat old.. IMO, majority of the dealers are good for regular scheduled maintenance: inspection, oil change, brake flush. but when it comes to troubleshooting something out of the norm.. only a few dealerships are worthwhile.
johnhk79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #30
Thinker23
Private First Class
 
Thinker23's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E92 M3 - AW, 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 184
iTrader: (1)

Came back from 1200 mile service today happy. SCBMW did everything by the book (with new diff fluid). Thanks for all the inputs.
Thinker23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #31
Dub A
Dub A
 
Drives: e92 IB
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Thinker - i have to schedule my 1200 mile service soon. Who did you use at Stevens creek?
Dub A is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #32
mexicanmike
Captain
 
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Morgan Hill, CA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Awww man, bumping a 2 year old thread.......I bet most of the good SA's at SCBMW are probably gone by now.
mexicanmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #33
Dub A
Dub A
 
Drives: e92 IB
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanmike View Post
Awww man, bumping a 2 year old thread.......I bet most of the good SA's at SCBMW are probably gone by now.
My bad. Rookie mistake!!
Dub A is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 02:24 AM   #34
pmccut
Fiend
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3|12 ZX-6R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifali14 View Post
Thinker - i have to schedule my 1200 mile service soon. Who did you use at Stevens creek?
I can tell you a lot of people that I DON'T recommend at Stevens Creek. Once they fix the damage they caused to my car I'll be taking it elsewhere - total nightmare. Erin Wright is by far and away the worst. Steve B has been the most helpful.
pmccut is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 02:37 AM   #35
Dub A
Dub A
 
Drives: e92 IB
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

I've heard nick Lals name thrown around a lot. Any exp as of late with him? Or any other recomendations?
Dub A is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 02:38 AM   #36
mexicanmike
Captain
 
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Morgan Hill, CA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifali14 View Post
My bad. Rookie mistake!!
Its ok, better than a new one like i did. Should sticky this.
mexicanmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #37
e92zero
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 E92 BW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: somewhere in US

Posts: 513
iTrader: (0)

Guys, I noticed that this thread was pretty old and some of the SA are no longer working at SCBMW. Any recommendation from the recent list, or ones to avoid? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

http://www.stevenscreekbmw.com/service_dept.htm
e92zero is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #38
JGMODS
Major General
 
JGMODS's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

Posts: 5,164
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
Stevens Creek BMW - Aaron Ginn (Advisor) - South Bay
Fremont BMW - Nick Lal (Advisor) - Fremont, CA
East Bay BMW - Alan (Advisor) - Pleasanton, CA
__________________
JGMODS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #39
LittleBlueBMW
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3, 2002 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 112
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 E36 M3  [0.00]
2010 E90 M3  [0.00]
Concord BMW - shane garner
__________________

"M3 drivers have no friends." -Jezza
LittleBlueBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #40
Shemp65
Speed Racer
 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Carlos, CA

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Shemp65 Send a message via Yahoo to Shemp65 Send a message via Skype™ to Shemp65
I just bought my new M3 at Peter Pan. Sales guy was great. Needed a service repair right away tho cause I got a SES light on first day of ownership.

I dealt with some extremely rude phone chick, but got past her and got into service and got my car back quickly. The loaner was cool, but I felt like I was signing away my first fucking child to get it.

Then, after buying a $78,000.00 car and needing an immediate repair, the service assholes had the balls to charge my credit card $18.00 for gas in the loaner. I pitched a bitch and got a refund and free tank of gas.

I am assuming their mechanical skills are good -- but their service is a bit lacking. They're always busy as fuck too.
Shemp65 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #41
e92zero
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 E92 BW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: somewhere in US

Posts: 513
iTrader: (0)

^ Thanks for the input, Jay@ModProjeKt.com. I went with Aaron from Stevens creek, very friendly and straight forward guy. Got my 15000 service done with oil change. To my surprise, they changed my air filter also. Car definitely feel more responsive and engine seems to run smoother. Cheers. 8 )
e92zero is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #42
IL8Apex
Private First Class
 
IL8Apex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT, 1999 E36 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 108
iTrader: (3)

Tyler Lem at SCBMW.

He's been my SA for over 2 years and has come thru every time.
__________________
2009 E92 M3 / DCT / AW / Black Extended / Akrapovic / Dinan Stage I + Camber Plates / BBS CH-R / Valentine One by Alekshop
IL8Apex is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #43
Dan Halen
Sheetrock Intl.
 
Drives: 2008 GT2... leaving soon.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF

Posts: 94
iTrader: (2)

Any of these recent recommendations mod friendly?!
I need service soon and don't want too much grief.
Dan Halen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #44
alan k stacks
New Member
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

any person in particular recommended at East Bay for service?
alan k stacks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST