BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #45
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Thank God we didn't get McCain as President.

He'd have us at war with Iran, and now he's talking about the US removing Syrian leader Assad from power. That couldn't happen without military intervention.

Had the Republicans won, we would be in 5 wars, and staying in Iraq for 100 years instead of ending that war.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #46
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Thank God we didn't get McCain as President.

He'd have us at war with Iran, and now he's talking about the US removing Syrian leader Assad from power. That couldn't happen without military intervention.

Had the Republicans won, we would be in 5 wars, and staying in Iraq for 100 years instead of ending that war.
Oh yeah, things are so much better, especially the emboldened Iran who (news today) is now two months away from a nuclear weapon. Yay team, lucky us.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #47
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Oh yeah, things are so much better, especially the emboldened Iran who (news today) is now two months away from a nuclear weapon. Yay team, lucky us.
Russia and China have HAD nuclear weapons for decades upon decades, and we've resolved those nuclear threats diplomatically. Remember Ronald Reagan? Do you think he beat the USSR by sending in ground forces? The solution to every problem isn't always a bullet.

Do you seriously think that a bombing campaign started by McCain would have done anything to stop this? In reality, Iran would have been forced to INCREASE their production of 90% enriched uranium the moment the first bomb hit. They would already have built a nuclear device by now if that were the case. They might have even already used it as a tactical device against the US fleet by now.


Nothing short of ETERNAL ground occupation of Iran would stop them from creating a nuclear bomb if we went the way of attacking Iran. Iran is bigger than Iraq. The regime has a larger, more loyal population backing it than Iraq. There are more mountains and more hardened underground secret military sites than Iraq.

The only solution is a diplomatic solution. Just like Russia, just like China.

Like I said, thank God we didn't get McCain recklessly bombing Iran. Old military folks who think that bullets fix every problem would have us stuck in a 5-front war, while cutting taxes to (not) pay for any of them.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #48
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Russia and China have HAD nuclear weapons for decades upon decades, and we've resolved those nuclear threats diplomatically. Remember Ronald Reagan? Do you think he beat the USSR by sending in ground forces? The solution to every problem isn't always a bullet.

Do you seriously think that a bombing campaign started by McCain would have done anything to stop this? In reality, Iran would have been forced to INCREASE their production of 90% enriched uranium the moment the first bomb hit. They would already have built a nuclear device by now if that were the case. They might have even already used it as a tactical device against the US fleet by now.


Nothing short of ETERNAL ground occupation of Iran would stop them from creating a nuclear bomb if we went the way of attacking Iran. Iran is bigger than Iraq. The regime has a larger, more loyal population backing it than Iraq. There are more mountains and more hardened underground secret military sites than Iraq.

The only solution is a diplomatic solution. Just like Russia, just like China.

Like I said, thank God we didn't get McCain recklessly bombing Iran. Old military folks who think that bullets fix every problem would have us stuck in a 5-front war, while cutting taxes to (not) pay for any of them.

You can only guess what McCain might have done so your strawman proposition is just a fiction. But I know exactly what our president has done--nothing but talk and perpetually back the wrong side. His inexperience and penchant for wishful thinking has only destabilized the world. And if you knew a bit more about "old military folks" you'd know they are usually the last to want to get in a tangle.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #49
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
You can only guess what McCain might have done so your strawman proposition is just a fiction. But I know exactly what our president has done--nothing but talk and perpetually back the wrong side. His inexperience and penchant for wishful thinking has only destabilized the world. And if you knew a bit more about "old military folks" you'd know they are usually the last to want to get in a tangle.

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran

--McCain

I know that was supposed to be a joke, but inside every joke lies a view into the true feelings of people. McCain has made plenty of pro-war with Iran statements that it is safe to look back and predict behavior based upon a straight line.

Who do you want in charge?

Mr. Frothy Mix of Lube?
Mrs. Warn the British By Ridin' Horsies Shootin' Guns?
Mr. Obama Care Was My Idea?
Mr. I Was Cheating On My Hospital-Riden Wife While Criticizing Clinton Blowjobs?
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 04:07 AM   #50
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
... it is safe to look back and predict behavior based upon a straight line.
Fun! Based on your thesis, it would appear that the current administration is the one hell bent on getting people killed. Seems after taking office he developed a mighty refined taste for armed conflict, in multiples. He actually has a jones for a lot of things that used to be bad when a rep was doing them. And he especially enjoys that old dem stand-by--the sanitary, safe and "anonymous" drone strike. Seems our president has developed a very refined taste for killing. But you're correct about one thing, he's not likely to hit Iran. He'll just let things noodle along until the Israeli's are backed into a corner and they have to take care of it for him.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #51
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Fun! Based on your thesis, it would appear that the current administration is the one hell bent on getting people killed. Seems after taking office he developed a mighty refined taste for armed conflict, in multiples. He actually has a jones for a lot of things that used to be bad when a rep was doing them. And he especially enjoys that old dem stand-by--the sanitary, safe and "anonymous" drone strike. Seems our president has developed a very refined taste for killing. But you're correct about one thing, he's not likely to hit Iran. He'll just let things noodle along until the Israeli's are backed into a corner and they have to take care of it for him.

Yup. Obama isn't afraid to kill the bad guys.

Killing the bad guys in Afghanistan because Bush completely neglected that front for half a decade, letting it fester.

Killing the bad guys in Iraq so this year we can responsibly exit Bush's massively over-expensive ground invasion that was started on lies.

Killing Osama Bin Laden by re-opening the Bin Laden task force that Bush had shut down.


What's your problem with that? Killing the baddies is a bad thing just because it is the Democratic Party President is doing it?
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #52
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Yup. Obama isn't afraid to kill the bad guys.

Killing the bad guys in Afghanistan because Bush completely neglected that front for half a decade, letting it fester.

Killing the bad guys in Iraq so this year we can responsibly exit Bush's massively over-expensive ground invasion that was started on lies.

Killing Osama Bin Laden by re-opening the Bin Laden task force that Bush had shut down.


What's your problem with that? Killing the baddies is a bad thing just because it is the Democratic Party President is doing it?

Hmmm? Thought you were trashing McCain because he's a warmonger, right? Compare and contrast with this president? Just pointing out we got the real deal in the white house right this very minute. McCain's a piker compared to Killer Obama.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #53
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Hmmm? Thought you were trashing McCain because he's a warmonger, right? Compare and contrast with this president? Just pointing out we got the real deal in the white house right this very minute. McCain's a piker compared to Killer Obama.
I'm trashing McCain because he's a war hawk with a short temper who has been prone to advocate starting new wars, the latest of which has been his recent advocating the forceful removal of Syria's leader (Assad). My post was made in response to specific comments made by McCain. Piled on top of his previous advocating for a war against Iran starting with bombing them, that would put us in 5 wars, with no hope of withdrawing from Iraq in the next 100 years.

I consider that irresponsible and bad for our nation.

Obama on the other hand isn't talking about starting 2 more fronts on top the the 3 we already have. And he's preparing to responsibly exit one front that McCain says he would stay in for 100 years (Iraq). Are you trying to say that Obama is the bad guy because he is finishing off the 2 wars that Bush started? Because he got Bin Laden where Bush failed?

I consider that responsible and good for our nation.


Or are you somehow blaming Obama for starting those wars? Because my point was that even though Obama started 1 more war, McCain's rhetoric points to us being in THREE new wars if he were in charge.

Perhaps you just don't understand the mathematics of 5>3 and 3>1. And that closing the Iraqi front is one less war than staying in Iraq for 100 years.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #54
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
I'm trashing McCain because he's a war hawk with a short temper who has been prone to advocate starting new wars, the latest of which has been his recent advocating the forceful removal of Syria's leader (Assad). My post was made in response to specific comments made by McCain. Piled on top of his previous advocating for a war against Iran starting with bombing them, that would put us in 5 wars, with no hope of withdrawing from Iraq in the next 100 years.

I consider that irresponsible and bad for our nation.

Obama on the other hand isn't talking about starting 2 more fronts on top the the 3 we already have. And he's preparing to responsibly exit one front that McCain says he would stay in for 100 years (Iraq). Are you trying to say that Obama is the bad guy because he is finishing off the 2 wars that Bush started? Because he got Bin Laden where Bush failed?

I consider that responsible and good for our nation.


Or are you somehow blaming Obama for starting those wars? Because my point was that even though Obama started 1 more war, McCain's rhetoric points to us being in THREE new wars if he were in charge.

Perhaps you just don't understand the mathematics of 5>3 and 3>1. And that closing the Iraqi front is one less war than staying in Iraq for 100 years.
You know, I just realized something. I can't remember a quote from McCain that advocates removing Assad through use of U.S. military force. Matter of fact I believe he's generally been supportive of the president's handling of this. Since your argument is predicated on McCain advocating removal through use of American military power it might be nice if you could quote him.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #55
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
You know, I just realized something. I can't remember a quote from McCain that advocates removing Assad through use of U.S. military force. Matter of fact I believe he's generally been supportive of the president's handling of this. Since your argument is predicated on McCain advocating removal through use of American military power it might be nice if you could quote him.


You are behind in the news. McCain flip-flopped last week from supporting Obama on Syria, to opposing Obama saying it's "in the U.S.'s interest to seek the removal of Bashar Assad".

If you are having a hard time decoding this sort of statement, "US's interest" is a code-phrase for meeting the requirements of the War Powers Act. And "removal of Bashar Assad" doesn't mean sending him an invitation to the White House 4th of July Fireworks, it means using US military "fireworks" to remove Bashar Assad against his will.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #56
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
You are behind in the news. McCain flip-flopped last week from supporting Obama on Syria, to opposing Obama saying it's "in the U.S.'s interest to seek the removal of Bashar Assad".

If you are having a hard time decoding this sort of statement, "US's interest" is a code-phrase for meeting the requirements of the War Powers Act. And "removal of Bashar Assad" doesn't mean sending him an invitation to the White House 4th of July Fireworks, it means using US military "fireworks" to remove Bashar Assad against his will.
As I thought, no quote. Following it with your worldly and informed interpretation doesn't help any. Got it. Bye.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #57
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
As I thought, no quote. Following it with your worldly and informed interpretation doesn't help any. Got it. Bye.

good bye.

But I just gave you the quote.

Last week McCain said it's "in the U.S.'s interest to seek the removal of Bashar Assad"
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #58
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

Everything is in US interest. Removing people , killing people and just simply controlling pretty much anything.

The only thing of the few things thats not in US interest, is to tell us what brand of toilet paper we should be using.
__________________
B
M
W
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #59
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
As I thought, no quote. Following it with your worldly and informed interpretation doesn't help any. Got it. Bye.
Don't know why anyone continues to debate with you. Maybe your not a f-ing a-hole, but your posts say otherwise.

Your response will be a) a sarcastic cut-down, b) about how I'm unimportant, c) nothing, just to prove me wrong.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #60
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

OldArmy's not so bad. At least not the worst on this board anyways. On the sliding scale, he's nowhere near KBG or scottwww.

I'm thinking now that he really wanted a link when he was saying he wanted a quote. I gave him the quote exactly like he asked for, and and he might have been disappointed when he didn't get what he had in his mind. Hard to say.

It's easy enough for him to find the Wall Street Journal story that reported the McCain quote using google, if OldArmy still cares.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #61
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
What I'm wondering is what will the right be saying IF (and that's a big IF) -- IF Gadhafi agrees to step down from power, ending the conflict? What will the right say if Obama gets rid of a notorious dictator in a matter of months without getting the US involved in a decade long trillion dollar land war?

Will they say that Obama did it wrong, or will they just try to figure out a way to claim that Bush should get credit for it (like they did with Bin Laden).
^^^^^^ this.

Here we are, notorious dictator and terrorist Kadafi is obviously been removed from power in a matter of months. It was done for a fraction of the cost (in both US Soldier's lives and US cash) of full-blown US ground invasions.

The Obama policy was definitely the winning decision. Obama made the right call and stuck to it, no matter what everyone threw at him.


(Yes, I "this'ed" my own post. Deal with it.)
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #62
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
^^^^^^ this.

Here we are, notorious dictator and terrorist Kadafi is obviously been removed from power in a matter of months. It was done for a fraction of the cost (in both US Soldier's lives and US cash) of full-blown US ground invasions.

The Obama policy was definitely the winning decision. Obama made the right call and stuck to it, no matter what everyone threw at him.


(Yes, I "this'ed" my own post. Deal with it.)


^^^^^^^ THIS!!

Forgot to come back and double "this" my own posts now that Kadhaffi went from just being on the run, to never gonna run again.

And just for good measure, I'm "this'ing" my own comment earlier about thank God we didn't get McCain now that Obama is taking the troops out of Iraq by Christmas. For those who are math impaired, that's bringing it down to just 1 war the US is involved in, compared with the 5 wars we would still be fighting under McCain.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST