BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

06-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

An Agent Of The King In Every Home

Quote:
The legal concept of citizen privacy from government intrusion is unfortunately a very new one in the long strides of human history. The idea that government can be limited, or restricted in its powers by the people, and that certain realms of life can and should be off-limits to the prying eyes of bureaucracy, is rarely applied in any culture of any era. This is because most civilizations have been founded and ruled upon the principles of military dominance. There was no separation between the government and the armies it fashioned; the government WAS the military. That is to say, martial law was a way of life for society, privacy was a foolish dream, and daring to contest the fact usually led to one’s death.
Worth a read
http://www.infowars.com/an-agent-of-...in-every-home/
      06-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
So true. And the Obamanation is giving up on that which makes America great. It is our decline.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      06-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
So true. And the Obamanation is giving up on that which makes America great. It is our decline.
And what exactly is that? Say something concrete, don't just spew Sarah Palin rhetoric.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      06-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
And what exactly is that? Say something concrete, don't just spew Sarah Palin rhetoric.
Back again so soon? Somehow I knew you wouldn't just leave us.

I am surprised you have missed the discussions that have been going around about warrantless searches, Supreme Court decisions, etc. not to mention the continuing discussion about the USA Patriot Act.

Here is a link for you to one of the discussions.

Ready for the police state?
      06-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Back again so soon? Somehow I knew you wouldn't just leave us.

I am surprised you have missed the discussions that have been going around about warrantless searches, Supreme Court decisions, etc. not to mention the continuing discussion about the USA Patriot Act.

Here is a link for you to one of the discussions.

Ready for the police state?
I am done debating the birth certificate/citizen issue. You didn't give me an answer - the topics above are all issues which were problems during the Bush administration. If those are the issues you're still having a problem with, I'm surprised you didn't leave the country during Bush.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      06-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I am done debating the birth certificate/citizen issue. You didn't give me an answer - the topics above are all issues which were problems during the Bush administration. If those are the issues you're still having a problem with, I'm surprised you didn't leave the country during Bush.
Yes. It was a problem during the Bush Adminstration and similarly during the Clinton Adminstration. It is not a new phenomenon. It just keeps getting worse. The course needs correction.
      06-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
scottwww
Brigadier General

New Mexico has ruled that officers may confiscate firearms from your vehicle during a traffic stop even if they have no reasonable cause to do so, trampling the 2nd Amendment as well as the 4th. Also in New Mexico (as in many states), if you have a conceal carry permit, you are supposed to announce to the officer that you have a weapon on your person. Meaning, now you have to let the traffic cop know that you have a firearm in the car and hope he doesn’t decide to take it away from you:

http://www.guns.com/nm-court-traffic...en-broken.html,,,
I can just see it. Cop pulls you over for an immigration check. You tell them, "I have a concealed weapon." The cop arrests you for threatening a police officer. It goes in the report, "The accused threated me saying, 'I've got a gun, copper!'"