BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #177
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
459


 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 10,488
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xccess View Post
hey I got a front 15 MM spacer and want to put in 10 MM spacer for the rear , can you tell me what size of the bolt length I will need for front and rear? Also do you have any stainless steel one ?
The MS Spacer kits do come with the necessary extended bolts, which are black zinc coated. This eliminates any guesswork.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #178
OM3N
Private
3

 
Drives: AW '09 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway


Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

08 euro 6sp

OEM ZCP's (from EAS - thanks!)

Hankook evo S1 245/35
Hankook evo S1 275/35

Hamann 10mm rear
Hamann 10mm front

no rub, but pretty darn flush in the back - considering MS 5mm in the back








Last edited by OM3N; 04-29-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #179
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
17

 
Drives: Purple People Eater
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Around


Posts: 875
iTrader: (2)

I have a 2011 E93 M3 Comp package with the ZCP wheels. I'm gonna be going to a 285/30 rear tire and a 245/35 front tire...what size spacers would you recommend (I have EDC)?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #180
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
174


 
anthony @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: R56 Cooper S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807


Posts: 3,614
iTrader: (0)

Year/model BMW:
2011 e92 M3

Wheels/offset:
Front: 19x9.0 OEM M3 ZCP, ET31
Rear: 19x10.0 OEM M3 ZCP, ET25

Tire size:
Front:Michelin PS2 245/35-19
Rear: Michelin PS2 265/35-19

Suspension:
H&R Race Springs

Spacer size:
Front: 18mm
Rear: 15mm


Before







After














__________________
Anthony M. | european auto source (eas)
email: anthony@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x25

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #181
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
174


 
anthony @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: R56 Cooper S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807


Posts: 3,614
iTrader: (0)

Year/model BMW:
2011 e92 M3

Wheels/offset:
Front: 19x9.0 OEM M3 ZCP, ET31
Rear: 19x10.0 OEM M3 ZCP, ET25

Tire size:
Front:Pirelli P Zero 245/35-19
Rear: Pirelli P Zero 265/35-19

Suspension:
Stock

Spacer size:
Front: 15mm
Rear: 15mm













__________________
Anthony M. | european auto source (eas)
email: anthony@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x25

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM

Last edited by anthony @ eas; 05-09-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #182
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
147

 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas


Posts: 1,619
iTrader: (5)

2010 E90 M3

Front wheel: 19x9.0 OEM M3 GTS, ET31
Rear: wheel: 19x10.0 OEM M3 GTS, ET25

Front Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35/19
Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/35/19

Suspension: Eibach Pro-Kt with EDC

What's the most aggressive spacer setup without any rubbing issues (especially when the wheel is fully turned)? 12 mm front and 10 mm rear? Car is a daily driver...and will experience many bumps and pot holes!

Last edited by frankzlin79; 05-14-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #183
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
459


 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 10,488
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
2010 E90 M3

Front wheel: 19x9.0 OEM M3 GTS, ET31
Rear: wheel: 19x10.0 OEM M3 GTS, ET25

Front Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35/19
Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/35/19

Suspension: Eibach Pro-Kt with EDC

What's the most aggressive spacer setup without any rubbing issues (especially when the wheel is fully turned)? 12 mm front and 10 mm rear? Car is a daily driver...and will experience many bumps and pot holes!
Normally, we suggest a 12/10mm combo with the stock 245/265 setups.

The 10/10mm combo should be fine in your case, but it would be best to measure beforehand to be 100% certain.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #184
SamS
Brigadier General
76

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,550
iTrader: (0)

I hope this is OK to ask in this thread: I read earlier in this thread about the potential mechanical drawbacks of using the spacers, but never fully understood the answer. So, what are the drawbacks, from a pure engineering/mechanical standpoint?

Obviously, there is some additional weight, but that has to be minor. By moving the fulcrum of the wheel/suspension point out ~15mm, what else are you impacting? I have to think that camber angle becomes more aggressive with spacers.

What about EDC settings? I always assumed EDC is finely tuned for the factory geometry. The spacers would almost certainly impact that in some way.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #185
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
459


 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 10,488
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I hope this is OK to ask in this thread: I read earlier in this thread about the potential mechanical drawbacks of using the spacers, but never fully understood the answer. So, what are the drawbacks, from a pure engineering/mechanical standpoint?

Obviously, there is some additional weight, but that has to be minor. By moving the fulcrum of the wheel/suspension point out ~15mm, what else are you impacting? I have to think that camber angle becomes more aggressive with spacers.

What about EDC settings? I always assumed EDC is finely tuned for the factory geometry. The spacers would almost certainly impact that in some way.
This is simply a reference thread for spacer sizing, feel free to email me your questions and I can reply promptly.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #186
SamS
Brigadier General
76

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,550
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
This is simply a reference thread for spacer sizing, feel free to email me your questions and I can reply promptly.
I appreciate the offer. I started a new thread here because I'd like to read the potential varying feedback/responses.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #187
IbanezGod
Captain
54

 
IbanezGod's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 954
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I appreciate the offer. I started a new thread here because I'd like to read the potential varying feedback/responses.
same here.. i want to pull the trigger on these, but want to know any setbacks.
__________________

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo, 1998 M Roadster, 2011 E90 M3 (sold)
MY Euro-Delivery Experience

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #188
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
459


 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 10,488
iTrader: (13)

Garage List






Year/model BMW:
2011 M3

Wheels/offset:
Front wheel: 19x9.0 OEM M3 GTS, ET31
Rear: wheel: 19x10.0 OEM M3 GTS, ET25

Tire size:
Front:Pirelli PZero 245/35-19
Rear: Pirelli PZero 265/35-19

Suspension:
Stock springs equipped w/ EDC

Spacer size:
Front: 15mm
Rear: 12mm

Thanks BlacknRedi for the great pics!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #189
tlr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
33

 
tlr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 294
iTrader: (0)

Anyone else getting rubbing with 18mm/15mm, or is it just the E93 (due to extra weight?). It only happens when I go over big bumps, especially with several passengers.

I think I'm going to buy some 12mm for the rear and throw the 15mm on the front. Hopefully that will be good enough.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #190
Gins
I can't find my pants.
No_Country
54

 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo


Posts: 2,507
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
What would you guys recommend for an E90 on stock suspension (with EDC)? I have the stock 18s and want to upgrade to ZCP 19s, swapping back and forth for summer/winter setups.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #191
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
68

 
Martin_D's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford Super Duty
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC


Posts: 1,792
iTrader: (34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
What would you guys recommend for an E90 on stock suspension (with EDC)? I have the stock 18s and want to upgrade to ZCP 19s, swapping back and forth for summer/winter setups.
12.5MM and 15MM setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #192
EAS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
482


 
EAS's Avatar
 
Drives: VF620 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 5,694
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr View Post
Anyone else getting rubbing with 18mm/15mm, or is it just the E93 (due to extra weight?). It only happens when I go over big bumps, especially with several passengers.

I think I'm going to buy some 12mm for the rear and throw the 15mm on the front. Hopefully that will be good enough.
Hasn't been a problem for us, are you lowered or at stock height? Do you know if it's rubbing on the fender lining or somewhere else along the inner side of the fender? the 15/12 should do the trick if the rubbing is indeed from the inner side of your fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
What would you guys recommend for an E90 on stock suspension (with EDC)? I have the stock 18s and want to upgrade to ZCP 19s, swapping back and forth for summer/winter setups.
The most common setup seems to be the 15/12 combo for both wheels, but of course it also depends on what tires you have on the wheels.
__________________
european auto source (eas)
email: info@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com
tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 | fax: 714.908.1796


Blog | Facebook | YouTube | Flickr | Twitter
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #193
Gins
I can't find my pants.
No_Country
54

 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo


Posts: 2,507
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
David,

From your website. Do you know the suspension/spacer specs of this car? Looks like stock M3 18s.



Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #194
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
459


 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 10,488
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
David,

From your website. Do you know the suspension/spacer specs of this car? Looks like stock M3 18s.



Thanks!
This 2008 M3 Sedan is lowered with B&G Springs and the 15mm/18mm spacer combo.

Wheels are stock 18" Gunmetal.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #195
Exclusivs
Major
No_Country
49

 
Exclusivs's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ


Posts: 1,177
iTrader: (17)

Hey! Can someone please tell me :

I will be dropping on KWV3's on my E92 M3 running stock 18's.

What size spacers for the most aggressive stance?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #196
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
459


 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 10,488
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusivSTS View Post
Hey! Can someone please tell me :

I will be dropping on KWV3's on my E92 M3 running stock 18's.

What size spacers for the most aggressive stance?
The 18mm/15mm combo would be the most aggressive and give a similar stance to the sedan pictured above.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #197
Exclusivs
Major
No_Country
49

 
Exclusivs's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: AZ


Posts: 1,177
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The 18mm/15mm combo would be the most aggressive and give a similar stance to the sedan pictured above.
Sedan and Coupe have the same wheel base and offsets?

Fender mods required for that setup?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #198
EAS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
482


 
EAS's Avatar
 
Drives: VF620 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA


Posts: 5,694
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusivSTS View Post
Sedan and Coupe have the same wheel base and offsets?

Fender mods required for that setup?
Yes, the sedan and coupes have the same offsets, and there are no fender mods required with the OEM specifications. If you upsize your tire though, then you'd have to check your clearance.
__________________
european auto source (eas)
email: info@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com
tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 | fax: 714.908.1796


Blog | Facebook | YouTube | Flickr | Twitter
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST