BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Strasse Wheels

06-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
HighEndHarry

Drives: Porsche Carrera 4S

E90 with competition package

Hello together,

on Monday I'll order my E90 M3 with competition package. As I could see here in the forum there are photos with carbon rear spoilers and also photos with smaller rear spoilers in the color of the car. Which optional equipment do I have to order to get the discreet solution.

Thanks for your help. Greetings,

Harry
      06-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
Nelrock
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

The smaller, body color, trim spoiler is the standard M spoiler.
The carbon fiber spoiler, that many people have, is the after market BMW Performance spoiler. Runs about $475 U.S.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Nelrock is offline   United_States
      06-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
HighEndHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
The smaller, body color, trim spoiler is the standard M spoiler.
The carbon fiber spoiler, that many people have, is the after market BMW Performance spoiler. Runs about $475 U.S.
Hi Nelrock,

thanks for your answer. I thought my choice of the competition package would influence the look of the front and rear spoiler. Isn't that true?
Or ist the smaller, body color spoiler also the one that comes with competition package?
      06-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant

Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)

Garage List
only thing competition offers aesthetically is a 10 mm drop and rims. The rest is all optional equipment such as the front splitters and spoiler. I dont care for the ZCP spoiler on the E90, it flows great on the e92.

If your trying to have the stealthiest look, then leave the car as is, you will get the regular m3 small rear lip. I like the thickness of the M tech spoiler for non m e90's, do im throwing that carbon fiber spoiler on with a half painted scheme to look nice. Its more subtle and compliments the E90's fat ass better in my opinion. what color are you getting?
      06-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Nelrock
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEndHarry View Post
Hi Nelrock,

thanks for your answer. I thought my choice of the competition package would influence the look of the front and rear spoiler. Isn't that true?
Or ist the smaller, body color spoiler also the one that comes with competition package?
What Kiemyster said is true...the only visual difference you'll get by ordering the competition package, is the lower ride height and the 359m wheels.
A front lip, or the BMW carbon fiber splitters, or a rear spoiler (other than the small, body colored one that is standard on M's), will all cost you extra.
The carbon fiber splitters and the performance rear spoiler are manufactured by BMW...so they can be ordered and installed through your deal.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Nelrock is offline   United_States
      06-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant

Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
What Kiemyster said is true...the only visual difference you'll get by ordering the competition package, is the lower ride height and the 359m wheels.
A front lip, or the BMW carbon fiber splitters, or a rear spoiler (other than the small, body colored one that is standard on M's), will all cost you extra.
The carbon fiber splitters and the performance rear spoiler are manufactured by BMW...so they can be ordered and installed through your deal.
Yeah usually its cheaper to do it aftermarket for US members, but he is in Germany so im thinking aftermarket may be much higher for him? I dont really know, im just speculating... If you do take the ZCP spoiler as an aftermarket modification you can choose to have your M3 spoiler deleted from the build. I had this feature ordered for my E90 but somehow the spoiler never got deleted lol. this way when you get your zcp spoiler it will be a clean install.
      06-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
HighEndHarry

Thanks for your great help. I want the car to be as understated as possible, so I won't order the carbon fibre parts. The carbon rear spoiler in Germany costs 410,- EUR, the front splitters 590,- EUR.

From BMW M Performance I will order the performance exhaust and probably the steering wheel.

My color favorite is actually space grey.