BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

05-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #23
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 SG M3/Fox Red

how much is this?

12 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red - ESS VT2-650 | Mode Carbon | KW Clubsports | IPE | Challenge Race X pipe
10 E92 M3 MR/Black - rod bearing failure
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #24
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL View Post
how much is this?
Link is in first post -

http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/3-ser...e-stage-1.html
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #25
P@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Quick enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyatch View Post
Interested.....Just want to clarify that if the tune is removed and the original stock file is put back on that the dealer/bmw would never know? Is it impossible for them to see that the ECU was changed at some point??? My concern is if warranty work is needed and they check if the ECU has been altered.
For regular work they wouldn't know, they would have to investigate it quite dramatically to discover any tampering, but then the same thing goes with any tune (flash or piggyback).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Thanks ... also REDBULL, LOVE the colour!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #26
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
any other input from anybody regarding this tune/company ???
you should definitely look up their reputation on M5Board and M3Forum. they are no doubt the leading frontiers in S62, S85, and S54 tuning. they have also been remotely tuning cars here in the states for some time now. i have their tune on my E46 M3 and i can comfortably say that from here on out, there really isn't any other company i'd consider for a tune.

again, definitely see what awesome work they've been up to and you will definitely be impressed.
      05-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #27
riyatch
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Evolve View Post
For regular work they wouldn't know, they would have to investigate it quite dramatically to discover any tampering, but then the same thing goes with any tune (flash or piggyback).

Thanks ... also REDBULL, LOVE the colour!

Thanks for the info. When Im ready to get a tune this is the way I'm going to go.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #28
kitw
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2015 MW M3/2014 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Evolve View Post
No charge at all for whichever tune you require. When you email us your file, you simply let us know your modifications and we tune the file appropriately. I think I forgot to mention its also free shipping. And if we update the file in the future, those are also freely distributed.

For custom work, there is no need for custom dyno tuning unless you have mods that we've never tuned for. The ECU adapts within a given range. Its only when you do something drastic that we've never seen would you need to get on a dyno and tweak the settings. Even so, we can do that, and its something we could discuss at the time (usually around $100/hr custom work).

Thanks
Paul
Sounds good, I'll be ordering one as soon as I get my current situation worked out. :/

IMG_4631 by kitwetzler, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Drives: 1999 528I

Garage List
im looking to order as well, have heard nothing but good things about Evolve

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #30
MikeM5
Philippines
Rep

Drives: E90 M3, BRZ, X5 4.8is

evolve just seems to have trumped the other tune offerings with this. i'm glad i've held off on getting a different one until now.
      05-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #31
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyatch View Post
Thanks for the info. When Im ready to get a tune this is the way I'm going to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
Sounds good, I'll be ordering one as soon as I get my current situation worked out. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
im looking to order as well, have heard nothing but good things about Evolve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM5 View Post
evolve just seems to have trumped the other tune offerings with this. i'm glad i've held off on getting a different one until now.
Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #32
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Do you ship USPS?

Could be the answer for us guys overseas too - Do you ship USPS?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #33
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Could be the answer for us guys overseas too - Do you ship USPS?
Sure, contact our HQ and speak to Imran, he'll sort you out: imran@evolveautomotive.com
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #34
aus
Major General
Rep

Drives: Odysse

You guys should post an information only post in the Engine forum.

Also, do you have 91 octane (US) tunes (stock, catless, HFC)?
We could just ask for the needed tune as we get more mods, and it's all included?
Will it clear any codes?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #35
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
You guys should post an information only post in the Engine forum.

Also, do you have 91 octane (US) tunes (stock, catless, HFC)?
We could just ask for the needed tune as we get more mods, and it's all included?
Will it clear any codes?

Information only post?

Yes we tune specifically for the mods and octane that you have. With all our tunes once you order and send the ECU data, we will ask what options and octane you would like it created for.

The tune itself will adapt to a degree to most small mods. We tune for your mods, but the moment you throw in something very significant (like decatting) then it needs a completely new tune created that we have to charge for, as it takes just as much time to create it as the original tune, but in general a brand new tune for existing customers is $150.

We are building in datalogging right now and hope to also include code clearing. It will be a free update to all owners (along with any other updates to tunes if we improve on them over time). We have a few screens I can dig out to show but I guess a few months from now.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #36
aus
Major General
Rep

Drives: Odysse

Thanks Paul.

What I mean is a thread in the Engine/Transmission/Exhaust section under Technical Topics (above) without the link for purchase. I don't think many people are aware of your product. I believe you can link this thread, but not to your site directly from there. It's to let the community know you have a new product for our car since not everyone will come to this section of the forum. Looks like a great product.

Especially since the owner can go back and forth between stock and tuned. Maybe see if you can make it easy for the owner to do additional coding like folding mirros, parking lights and so on.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:08 AM   #37
P@Evolve
Rep

Thanks aus, I'll do just that

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Thanks Paul.

What I mean is a thread in the Engine/Transmission/Exhaust section under Technical Topics (above) without the link for purchase. I don't think many people are aware of your product. I believe you can link this thread, but not to your site directly from there. It's to let the community know you have a new product for our car since not everyone will come to this section of the forum. Looks like a great product.

Especially since the owner can go back and forth between stock and tuned. Maybe see if you can make it easy for the owner to do additional coding like folding mirros, parking lights and so on.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #38
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 10' M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
on the second dyno graph are those numbers primarily from the tune or the tune and xpipe
      05-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #39
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
on the second dyno graph are those numbers primarily from the tune or the tune and xpipe
That will be a combination of the xpipe and our complimenting tune taking full advantage of the new flow available. A tune for a stock vehicle would not be able to adapt enough for that.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #40
P@Evolve
Rep

Just to confirm we can tune the TUNER protected cars, we have currently the ONLY solution to do this! We have 3 units in stock ready to ship with more arriving in approximately 8 days.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #41
SS32
Major
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3

I understand it takes all kinds of R&D to make something like this, but $1000 for 15hp?!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #42
P@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS32 View Post
I understand it takes all kinds of R&D to make something like this, but $1000 for 15hp?!
Your right, it does take an enormous amount of R&D. That and work arounds for every time BMW decide to update their software, which is a completely separate project from the months, if not years, of development that go into the tuning itself.

Then of course you have the evolve-R unit you also receive for that price, that allows you to upload those files remotely. It also allows you to load in our tune into tuner-locked cars, and importantly will continue to do so even if BMW decided to add another layer of tuner protection in the following few months.

It can also be used on a multitude of other BMW ECU models. And as we say you can 'take your tune with you' you would only need a replacement unit if you were to change to another BMW (or any other brand as we add them to the protocol).

But it's not just the power or delivery, or getting around tuner protection, or working with you to adjust to your other modifications and extracting the most power, its also other free options available such as raising the rev limiter, removing the speed limiter and removing any CEL's from being cat-less.

It is a large investment for any company to 'crack' new ECU models but all in all we hope we deliver good value for money to our customers
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #43
inagua
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: F82 M4, X5 35d, m235

tune

Can u PM a price to 91362
Go easy on me please
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #44
P@Evolve