BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

04-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #177
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
A link isn't necessary. I would just like to know the source you are quoting.
Obama himself from his biography "dreams of my father". Obama in his book, interviews, and public record stated that he lived and attended school in Indonesia and you can see his actual school card from that time. He also stated himself that he legally entered pakistan to visit friends for a few weeks.

So look at his or his families wiki page or read obamas biography.

He attended school under the name Barry Soetoro, his own mother called him that. The only way to attend school in indoensia at the time was to be a citizen. Indonesia doesnt allow dual citizenships, thus Obama lost his. Even if he regained it, the act of losing it makes it ineligible to be president.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #178
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
its called his ass
Obama in his own biography and public record states he lived in indonesia. So did you just call obama an ass or maybe that my ass is obama?

This is the first ive heard anyone act as though obama didnt live in indonesia!

Last edited by Prowess Symphony; 04-30-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #179
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Obama himself from his biography "dreams of my father". Obama in his book, interviews, and public record stated that he lived and attended school in Indonesia and you can see his actual school card from that time. He also stated himself that he legally entered pakistan to visit friends for a few weeks.

So look at his or his families wiki page or read obamas biography.

He attended school under the name Barry Soetoro, his own mother called him that. The only way to attend school in indoensia at the time was to be a citizen. Indonesia doesnt allow dual citizenships, thus Obama lost his. Even if he regained it, the act of losing it makes it ineligible to be president.
You read Dreams of my Father?

Minor children who are U.S. citizen's cannot lose their citizenship or have their citizenship renounced by their parents if they are under 18 years of age. Obama was under 18 when he lived in Indonesia, so he never lost his citizenship.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #180
Prowess Symphony
Major General
United_States

Garage List
Quote:
You read Dreams of my Father?

Minor children who are U.S. citizen's cannot lose their citizenship or have their citizenship renounced by their parents if they are under 18 years of age. Obama was under 18 when he lived in Indonesia, so he never lost his citizenship.
Yes I read it. I like historical biographies, but I was given a copy of obamas book and read it. Im not against the man personally like some are, I simply find no reason to not ask questions and want answers and if he is eligible then fine. I dont vote, doesnt make a different to me who is president, doesnt mean I cant discuss him or political issues even though im not political. And I didnt find the book to be all that interesting or anything but yeah I read it.

Well thats the puzzle isnt it. How did obama attend school in indonesia? And what if he was legally adopted there, since on his school card it shows his name as barry and states he is a citizen. How would an adoption have affected his status? And his official school card is forged or incorrect regarding his status and legal name?

Also he traveled to pakistan when he was 20. So he could have gotten an Indonesian passport after 18. Im sure that legally being adopted would have affect his citizenship status as a child. It only makes matters worse that Obama refuses to release any of his travel info or records of any kind. The president who volunteered for the job wont tell us anything about his life except for highly stylized stuff from a biography he didnt actually pen himself. The man who decides the fate of wars and policy should not be allowed to keep his records hidden. No one forced him to be president.

Last edited by Prowess Symphony; 04-30-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #181
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Im not against the man personally like some are, I simply find no reason to not ask questions and want answers and if he is eligible then fine. I dont vote, doesnt make a different to me who is president, doesnt mean I cant discuss him or political issues even though im not political.
I'm sure you're a nice guy, but your interest in this debate seems frivolous and unserious. A lot of what you've written is factually incorrect and you can't support your statements. So I respectfully resign from the discussion.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #182
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
This can be found on the website usconstitution.org

This is relevant to the earlier debate about what constitutes a natural born citizen in the U.S. It clearly states that one simply need be born in the U.S. to have natural born status.

Constitutional Topic: Citizenship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Constitutional Topics pages at the USConstitution.net site are presented to delve deeper into topics than can be provided on the Glossary Page or in the FAQ pages. This Topic Page concerns Citizenship. Citizenship is mentioned in Article 1, Section 2, Article 1, Section 3, Article 1, Section 8, Article 2, Section 1, and in the 14th Amendment and several subsequent amendments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're going to be involved in government in the United States, citizenship is a must. To be a Senator or Representative, you must be a citizen of the United States. To be President, not only must you be a citizen, but you must also be natural-born. Aside from participation in government, citizenship is an honor bestowed upon people by the citizenry of the United States when a non-citizen passes the required tests and submits to an oath.

Natural-born citizen

Who is a natural-born citizen? Who, in other words, is a citizen at birth, such that that person can be a President someday?

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps. The Constitution authorizes the Congress to do create clarifying legislation in Section 5 of the 14th Amendment; the Constitution, in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4, also allows the Congress to create law regarding naturalization, which includes citizenship.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
•Anyone born inside the United States *
•Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
•Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
•Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
•Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
•A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

* There is an exception in the law — the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

Separate sections handle territories that the United States has acquired over time, such as Puerto Rico (8 USC 1402), Alaska (8 USC 1404), Hawaii (8 USC 1405), the U.S. Virgin Islands (8 USC 1406), and Guam (8 USC 1407). Each of these sections confer citizenship on persons living in these territories as of a certain date, and usually confer natural-born status on persons born in those territories after that date. For example, for Puerto Rico, all persons born in Puerto Rico between April 11, 1899, and January 12, 1941, are automatically conferred citizenship as of the date the law was signed by the President (June 27, 1952). Additionally, all persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, are natural-born citizens of the United States. Note that because of when the law was passed, for some, the natural-born status was retroactive.

The law contains one other section of historical note, concerning the Panama Canal Zone and the nation of Panama. In 8 USC 1403, the law states that anyone born in the Canal Zone or in Panama itself, on or after February 26, 1904, to a mother and/or father who is a United States citizen, was "declared" to be a United States citizen. Note that the terms "natural-born" or "citizen at birth" are missing from this section.

In 2008, when Arizona Senator John McCain ran for president on the Republican ticket, some theorized that because McCain was born in the Canal Zone, he was not actually qualified to be president. However, it should be noted that section 1403 was written to apply to a small group of people to whom section 1401 did not apply. McCain is a natural-born citizen under 8 USC 1401(c): "a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person." Not everyone agrees that this section includes McCain — but absent a court ruling either way, we must presume citizenship.
This is good information about citizenship. It does not apply to any definition of natural born Citizen.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #183
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
      05-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #184
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
I wonder what Trump's imaginary investigators ever found (if anything) down in Hawaii? Trump insisted they had found interesting information, even though all the Hawaii top officials said they had never been contacted by anyone representing Trump.

He's out of the race now. Why doesn't he release ALL of his investigator's findings? He kept saying "we'll see" every time he was pressed about their results. There isn't any reason not to release everything now.

Except the fact that they never found dick, and it was all part of his sham.

I can't believe people fell for this guy's BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #185
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
I wonder what Trump's imaginary investigators ever found (if anything) down in Hawaii? Trump insisted they had found interesting information, even though all the Hawaii top officials said they had never been contacted by anyone representing Trump.

He's out of the race now. Why doesn't he release ALL of his investigator's findings? He kept saying "we'll see" every time he was pressed about their results. There isn't any reason not to release everything now.

Except the fact that they never found dick, and it was all part of his sham.

I can't believe people fell for this guy's BS.
Too bad nobody's holding his feet to the fire over his allegations. That guy's a smarmy little troll. Don't care if he has a bunch of dough, he's still a piece of shit of a person.