BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GT Haus

05-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #67
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Can someone straighten me out on what is today's latest conspiracy theory?

I hear now that people who have a soft spot for Bin Laden are crying that he didn't have a gun or a bomb in his hands when he was shot and killed, as if we should be sorry for poor Osama having his rights violated. Now are you talking about when he was supposedly killed back in 2001, when some conspiracy theories say Bin Laden was killed?

Or are you talking about last week, when Bin Laden WASN'T killed without a gun or bomb in his hands according to the conspiracy theorists? You know, the killing that Bush should get credit for, even though Bin Laden supposedly isn't dead?

I'm trying to figure out why people would be complaining about a guy who isn't dead being killed without having a gun or bomb in their hands, all while he's been dead since 2001, but Bush should get credit for killing him again in 2011?

I can't quite follow the logic of some folks.
      05-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #68
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Why would both Al Qaeda and the Taliban both corroborate the information that Bin Laden is dead, if it was actually false? Are they now in bed with the US Gov't?
      05-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #69
tony20009
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

When I started this thread, there was no evidence of his actually having been killed and the gov't had disposed of the body in such a way that there was likely not going to be a way to get corroborating evidence.

Inasmuch as OBL's allies have now said he's dead, I'm fairly certain he's dead. There's just no benefit that'll accrue to them from lying about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
      05-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #70
rs6655
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 X3 (MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
if you're talking to a brick wall then there really comes a time when you just give up. At this point what ever I say will get shut down because the person on the other end doesn't want to hear a different story than they already know. Much like the American public.

Osama bin Laden was "living out in open sight" says the LA Times. He was not even holding a gun when they gunned him down. It is basic training for a freaking security guard to not shoot someone that doesn't have a gun. And these highly trained operatives shot him twice in the head? Then got rid of the body before the news was even announced? How does that not raise any suspicion is beyond me but hey if the President says its true then it must be true! When has a president ever lied to his people??
I've given this very thing quite a bit of thought and I think Obama and his advisors made the right decision. Actually having him dead or alive (especially alive) would have been very dangerous. Dead and buried at sea was best.

You could put his body on display in the Capitol Rotunda and there would still be folks that would say it wasn't him.
      05-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #71
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Finally truth gets out!

Last edited by M3Bahn; 05-09-2011 at 08:23 AM.
      05-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #72
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
When I started this thread, there was no evidence of his actually having been killed and the gov't had disposed of the body in such a way that there was likely not going to be a way to get corroborating evidence.

Inasmuch as OBL's allies have now said he's dead, I'm fairly certain he's dead. There's just no benefit that'll accrue to them from lying about it.

At least you trust your good buddies in Al Quada and the Taliban, so now you believe Bin Laden is dead.
      05-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #73
schoy
Private First Class

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Not sure why Obama or the administration would lie about OBL's death. The consequences would be catastrophic to him and his administration. Which leads to ...

If OBL had been dead since 2001, then not sure why GWB wouldn't have mentioned it, especially when his approval ratings were in the toilet towards the end of his presidency.

I also approve of his body being dumped in the ocean regardless of whether Islamic ritual was followed. Where exactly would OBL be buried? If in the US or any other location accessible to US citizens, then you invite grave desecration, unless you want to spend tax money to guard the gravesite (which no one would ever approve). If in the Middle East, you create a "Mecca"-like site for Muslim terrorists (not exactly appealing to our own US interests). Perhaps an unmarked grave in an unknown location? Then you invite a whole host of grave-seekers, and perhaps sooner or later the location will be revealed; plus, the info's going to be recorded somewhere.
      05-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #74
tony20009
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
At least you trust your good buddies in Al Quada and the Taliban, so now you believe Bin Laden is dead.
You are reading things into what I've said, and you're doing so inaccurately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      05-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #75
tony20009
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
Not sure why Obama or the administration would lie about OBL's death. The consequences would be catastrophic to him and his administration. Which leads to ...

If OBL had been dead since 2001, then not sure why GWB wouldn't have mentioned it, especially when his approval ratings were in the toilet towards the end of his presidency.

I also approve of his body being dumped in the ocean regardless of whether Islamic ritual was followed. Where exactly would OBL be buried? If in the US or any other location accessible to US citizens, then you invite grave desecration, unless you want to spend tax money to guard the gravesite (which no one would ever approve). If in the Middle East, you create a "Mecca"-like site for Muslim terrorists (not exactly appealing to our own US interests). Perhaps an unmarked grave in an unknown location? Then you invite a whole host of grave-seekers, and perhaps sooner or later the location will be revealed; plus, the info's going to be recorded somewhere.
As an academic curiosity, it'd have been interesting to give the body to the Saudis, seeing as he was a Saudi national, and see how that purportedly friendly government handled it.

Personally, I think it's time we put the Saudis and the Pakistanis to task and get an unequivocal measure of their allied-ness. Like my issue with the way OBL's body was handled (re: proof of death, not with regard to observing Islamic burial guidelines), I prefer clear situations. As goes those two countries, I'd just as soon we get them to piss or get off the pot, quite frankly. In particular, the Pakistanis, about whom I find it hard to believe they didn't know OBL was living in an upper-class neighborhood outside the capital city, need to be called to the carpet. That'd be the equivalent of the US Government not knowing some globally sought clown was living large in Middleburg, VA, or for an even more germane example, Great Falls, VA, which is a well-to-do, horsey, DC suburb that all but neighbors the CIA and scores of military contractors in the Dulles corridor.