BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Racewerkz Engineering

05-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

US drone attack in Yemen

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...GDG_story.html

Why does this stuff not generate enough attention? What we have is America yet again showing that it is the world policeman and can do anything it wants to even if it means killing people, breaking international law and entering borders they shouldn't.

All we know is that America used this drone to kill 2 people. They weren't given a trial or anything yet received a death sentence because America tells us they were "al Qaeda operatives". How do we know that? They even missed their original target according to them.

I say George Bush is a terrorist and yet if he was assassinated he would be a hero and remembered for his efforts in the "war on terror". Look at the injustice.
      05-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
OdomPHD
I break for no one

Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

AAwwwww, I'm sorry you're upset

EDIT: Oh, I see. You're from the UK.
OdomPHD is offline   United_States
      05-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
hks786
Major General

What does where I'm from have to do with anything?
      05-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
bmwmthree
Captain

Drives: bmw

05-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
OdomPHD
I break for no one

If you don't like American actions overseas or on our homeland, (if your respective country allows it) then hate us!

We watch people burn our flags every-single-day. Beyond feeling sorry for lives lost for it's defense, we don't care.

Do we really, REALLYYYY care if the United Kingdom's population dislikes us for our actions against Arab ass holes? Seriously?

No, forreal. Did you think this thread would drum up anti-American support or something? Just because your country doesn't have the money or military might to do what we do doesn't mean you wouldn't. For the love of God, you're the nation who addicted the Chinese to opium to retrieve your legally traded silver reserves...you socially enslaved tens of millions of Indian textile workers under EEIC military control.

We kill two Arabs with a drone and you came to a BMW forum to hate on us? If your country suffered three thousand lives lost without warning (and you had the military wherewithall + funding) you'd certainly "murder" everyone you believed associated with the bastards who did it.

I, for one, cannot wait for my nation's foreign wars to end. But, I will say this. If you think you can strike at me and keep running, you are very wrong. I'm HONORED that my nation has the BALLS to bitchslap these idiots around to teach other would-be terrorists to back the f**k off.

I serve my nation as an officer in the armed services. I would not hesitate to pull my M9's trigger against the temple of a self-professed America hater and killer. Why would I hesitate to pull a drone's trigger and blast two Arabs??

Hey, we can;t all be ultra liberal and humanitarian!! If you could step back a hundred years and ask your British ancestors they'd have said the same thing. I'm afraid your continent has lost their clout since then. Terribly pitty, really.
      05-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
If you don't like American actions overseas or on our homeland, (if your respective country allows it) then hate us!

We watch people burn our flags every-single-day. Beyond feeling sorry for lives lost for it's defense, we don't care.

Do we really, REALLYYYY care if the United Kingdom's population dislikes us for our actions against Arab ass holes? Seriously?

No, forreal. Did you think this thread would drum up anti-American support or something? Just because your country doesn't have the money or military might to do what we do doesn't mean you wouldn't. For the love of God, you're the nation who addicted the Chinese to opium to retrieve your legally traded silver reserves...you socially enslaved tens of millions of Indian textile workers under EEIC military control.

We kill two Arabs with a drone and you came to a BMW forum to hate on us? If your country suffered three thousand lives lost without warning (and you had the military wherewithall + funding) you'd certainly "murder" everyone you believed associated with the bastards who did it.

I, for one, cannot wait for my nation's foreign wars to end. But, I will say this. If you think you can strike at me and keep running, you are very wrong. I'm HONORED that my nation has the BALLS to bitchslap these idiots around to teach other would-be terrorists to back the f**k off.

I serve my nation as an officer in the armed services. I would not hesitate to pull my M9's trigger against the temple of a self-professed America hater and killer. Why would I hesitate to pull a drone's trigger and blast two Arabs??

Hey, we can;t all be ultra liberal and humanitarian!! If you could step back a hundred years and ask your British ancestors they'd have said the same thing. I'm afraid your continent has lost their clout since then. Terribly pitty, really.
Huzzah! Well said.

Only two? We are definitely falling off our game. Must try to do better next time!
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      05-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
Chenry135
First Lieutenant

Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Are we still talking about Bush? I don't make fun of how Tony Blair did whatever the hell Bush wanted him too... Oh wait, I guess I just did
Chenry135 is offline   United_States
      05-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
OdomPHD
I break for no one

Blair = Bush's biotch.
      05-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #9
hks786
Major General

LOL @ some of the comments here. First of all I may be British but I don't approve of our foreign policy either. You guys just assumed that because I'm from here I support what my country does. Actually I don't. I have always been against the British presence in Afghanistan and Iraq. Also, we lost people in 9/11 too, and 7/7 so stop pretending you're the only victim. Terrorism affects us all. We have all lost people.

Also, this is the politics/religion part of the forum in case you hadn't noticed. That's why we're discussing these things. So what if I want to voice my opinion? You didn't address any of my points. I didn't say anything about NOT fighting terror. All I pointed out was the aggression of America and how they also do whatever they please without providing proof.
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
      05-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
OdomPHD
I break for no one

you win at forum
      05-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
Echo M3
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

If you really do serve in the armed forces, then your response humiliates every single American on this forum.

You are more than welcome to disagree with the OP's comments, but to dismiss him and claim that he does not have a voice in the discussion because he's not from the United States is hypocritical. You of all people should know the importance and value of certain liberties such as free speech, the very values that you have sworn to defend.

Furthermore, it is your type of attitude that is responsible for the negative reaction that Americans receive when traveling overseas. I literally cringed at your diatribe about British colonialism, which has absolutely no relevance to the discussion at hand. No one is saying you have to agree with the OP, but show some class, man!
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
      05-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #12
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard

Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...GDG_story.html

Why does this stuff not generate enough attention? What we have is America yet again showing that it is the world policeman and can do anything it wants to even if it means killing people, breaking international law and entering borders they shouldn't.

All we know is that America used this drone to kill 2 people. They weren't given a trial or anything yet received a death sentence because America tells us they were "al Qaeda operatives". How do we know that? They even missed their original target according to them.

I say George Bush is a terrorist and yet if he was assassinated he would be a hero and remembered for his efforts in the "war on terror". Look at the injustice.

So if you are in the middle of the battle field, should we arrest everyone that is shooting at you and give them fair trial first??

Its called war buddy, in war you kill your enemies with out trials. The battle field is the trial it self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
All I pointed out was the aggression of America and how they also do whatever they please without providing proof.
Terrorists have killed innocent people in many countries around the globe, i dont recall they needed proof or fair trial to commit murder. Do you?

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

Quote:

+1

As a Russian who served in US Army, and a citizen of US i agree with you. Even though i dont agree at times what US Govnt does.

hks786

You do have the right to speak your voice and discuss the subject. But you also need to take in to consideration, that soldiers that fight in this war believe what they are doing is right. Thus you will encounter hostility now and then, because its a touchy subject for many people. So dont take everything personally.

Last edited by KGB7; 05-09-2011 at 11:33 PM.
KGB7 is offline   United_States
      05-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #13
hks786
Major General

I dont take things personally unless people start pointing out that I'm from the UK and try to discredit me by pointing out what my country have done over the years. That's just stupid because even though I disagree with American foreign policy I never discriminate against Americans because of what their government does. That's just unfair.

Also, I'm not so naive as to not understand how wars work but what I'm trying to point out is that America sets double standards. They talk about innocent lives and human rights yet if we look at recent wars and Guantanamo Bay we see that America sets its own standards and have been let away with terrible crimes. If America is the world policeman who will question what America does?
      05-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #14
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

This continues the debates that have occerred for at least the last 2 centuries in America. But hks does have a point for DISCUSSION: Do we Americans follow our own rules? Should we lower our standards of the basic tenents of our constitution, namely that all men are created equal?

Those of us sitting on our asses at home, not on the battle fields ( THANK YOU all for your dedication and sacrifice, to the point of giving your life!!! ) wonder at times whether we are degrading your sacrifice by having you stoop to the level of killing without a trial.

Sure, we all know BL is guilty (of something against American citizens, and the world at large) but we gave McVeigh a trial, we gave Kaczynski a trial. When you talk rule of law in a civilizd society, the quantity of evil you perpetrate does not reduce the quantity of trial you deserve.

I truly wish more of our deployed heros were home, protecting us from direct invasion from other countries, but that's a story for another thread . . .
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      05-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
mikeinsf
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 M Roadster

This American is ashamed of Odom and those like him. I don't have time to write a proper post, so I'll leave it at that. Odom. I think your arrogant, cavalier attitude dishonors the uniform you wear. You certainly don't serve in my name. Get a brain.

I considered a military path in high school, but realized I could never stomach taking orders from "HOORAAA" drones with blindly nationalistic attitudes such as yourself. If it weren't for that I think I'd have enjoyed and even flourished in the military. As an adult though, I've come to know a lot of former service members with much more rational and conscientious attitudes about the role the US should play, as well as their roles as part of the military machine. Thankfully not every service member is like you.

2007 ///M roadster

Last edited by mikeinsf; 05-13-2011 at 02:02 PM.
mikeinsf is offline   United_States