BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport

05-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Presidential Candidate Debates 2011-2012

If it wasn't officially underway already, tonight is the launch of the Presidential Candidate Debates of 2011 and 2012.

Is anyone going to be watching?
scottwww is offline   United_States
      05-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General

The first Republican Presidential candidate debate is tonight in South Carolina. See it live on Fox News Channel at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (6:00 Pacific).

Of the candidates, the one I want to hear the most is Ron Paul. Will the moderator and the other candidates treat him with disrespect (if not contempt) as they did four years ago? CPAC picked him this year and last as their standard bearer.
      05-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Yea I'm going to watch. If the republican party picks Ron Paul it'll be 2008 all over again though which sucks for America.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      05-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Yea I'm going to watch. If the republican party picks Ron Paul it'll be 2008 all over again though which sucks for America.
Maybe the the debate will bring more to talk about, but if not Ron Paul, who would be worth your vote?
      05-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General

In the debate was Ron Paul, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, and Gary Johnson.

Did anyone see the debate the way the Fox group of GOP primary voters did? I think they were unanimous declaring Herman Cain the winner. How do you get even a small group of maybe 35 people to be unanimous about anyting? Did I miss something?

In my view, I went in to it with Ron Paul as my favorite. Ron Paul lived up to my expectations and validated my pick of him among the field of candidates. I really like his determination to stand for returning to the states the right of self-determination [that's my interpretation of his philosophy].
      05-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

I'm not saying that he'd be a bad president but he just seems unelectable going against Obama. I think Herman Cain would easily beat Obama by taking his minority vote and would stop any talks of racism. He's also a small business owner and frankly that's better than any politician. But if I could pick anyone, it would be Chris Cristie, even though he's not going to run. I just want someone that can beat Obama.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      05-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
AlpineSwift
Colonel

Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

I'm standing with Mitt Romney. I supported him in 2008 before he pulled out and I plan to support him again this time around.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, Race Cats in the mids, Stock cans, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded.
Best 1/4mi: 13.201 @ 106.93 / 2.0 60' / DA=9300ft

Tanya: The Build Thread
AlpineSwift is offline   United_States
      05-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
InCityPhoto
First Lieutenant

Drives: 07' 335I

The biggest problem the republicans are going to have is split votes.. Even if nobody wants Obama in office, he will still spend more money and get more exposure, and if all republicans do not vote for the same person I think it will be hard to remove.

Guaranteed that Obama will lower gas prices prior to election and will "guaranteed" to continue, until of course he gets re elected and then it will continue to go back up.
InCityPhoto is offline   United_States
      05-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCityPhoto View Post
The biggest problem the republicans are going to have is split votes.. Even if nobody wants Obama in office, he will still spend more money and get more exposure, and if all republicans do not vote for the same person I think it will be hard to remove.

Guaranteed that Obama will lower gas prices prior to election and will "guaranteed" to continue, until of course he gets re elected and then it will continue to go back up.
What is Obama's interest in raising gas prices?
      05-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
What is Obama's interest in raising gas prices?
Perhaps to reach price parity with alternative energy sources, thereby supporting his agenda to somehow move America off of oil? Drive the price of oil high enough and you make electric cars, wind, ethanol, the other dubious energy sources look equivalent?
OldArmy is offline   United_States