BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

OneEighty

05-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #67
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
lol, people who pull all nighters are retarded procrastinators, end of story
right

I knew all of the shit I studied but am just paranoid. Honestly, I probably have a mild form of OCD.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
      05-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #68
BTM
Banned

Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
right

I knew all of the shit I studied but am just paranoid. Honestly, I probably have a mild form of OCD.
Same way. Went to most classes, did well on midterms, but still would be up at least 1 night for finals. Longest was 3. That sucked. Adderall is a helluva drug
BTM is offline   United_States
      05-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #69
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Same way. Went to most classes, did well on midterms, but still would be up at least 1 night for finals. Longest was 3. That sucked. Adderall is a helluva drug
Exactly

Adderall = brain steroids
      05-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #70
silvergray545
Skittles

Drives: E60 545i Sport

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
right

I'm the same way.

I took that 100 question final today. That shit was so easy, it was retarded.

Tomorrow I have a final in Business Applications for Excel and Access

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
      05-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #71
TiAg335i
Trance Life

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I had a 3.8 GPA in a very hard major. I never pulled ONE all nighter. Not once. That's because I was a responsible student and always studied a week or two before a final and went to EVERY class. I hate when people bitch that they stayed up all night studying for a final - get over yourself. You f'd up the whole semester and now you're complaining? If you have to stay up all night studying you are doing something wrong.
      05-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #72
BTM
Banned

Garage List
Quote:
I had a 3.8 GPA in a very hard major. I never pulled ONE all nighter. Not once. That's because I was a responsible student and always studied a week or two before a final.
Great, good for you.
Quote:
I hate when people bitch that they stayed up all night studying for a final - get over yourself. You f'd up the whole semester and now you're complaining? If you have to stay up all night studying you are doing something wrong.
This is where you sound like a egotistical douchebag. For you, staying up all night before a test would be stupid. For others, myself included, it works. Considering the goal is to score the highest one can on whatever the test is, staying up the night is not doing anything wrong. It's providing more time to reinforce concepts, formula's, processes, what have you.

Thinking these people are doing something wrong, or are stupid, or "lesser" is a complete miscalculation on your part. Everyone has their own style of learning, and being able to recognize what works best is a form of intelligence and self awareness, rather than one of inferiority. Is someone who heard something 3 months ago and can repeat it exactly smarter than someone who can't? Not unless you want to start crowning autistic people some of the smartest and most capable people around.

Live and let live. The only reason you're hating is because of you're own insecurities and inferiority complexes. I've not once hated on someone who got 8hrs of sleep before a test and did better than I did. And for someone to actually try to infer some sort of intellectual superiority because of such is really just digging their own "intellectual" grave by confirming their ignorance or lack of acknowledgment of methods of learning contrary to their own.
      05-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #73
Nutballa
Captain

Drives: BMW 335i

Send a message via AIM to Nutballa Send a message via Yahoo to Nutballa
Quote:
Great, good for you.

This is where you sound like a egotistical douchebag. For you, staying up all night before a test would be stupid. For others, myself included, it works. Considering the goal is to score the highest one can on whatever the test is, staying up the night is not doing anything wrong. It's providing more time to reinforce concepts, formula's, processes, what have you.

Thinking these people are doing something wrong, or are stupid, or "lesser" is a complete miscalculation on your part. Everyone has their own style of learning, and being able to recognize what works best is a form of intelligence and self awareness, rather than one of inferiority. Is someone who heard something 3 months ago and can repeat it exactly smarter than someone who can't? Not unless you want to start crowning autistic people some of the smartest and most capable people around.

Live and let live. The only reason you're hating is because of you're own insecurities and inferiority complexes. I've not once hated on someone who got 8hrs of sleep before a test and did better than I did. And for someone to actually try to infer some sort of intellectual superiority because of such is really just digging their own "intellectual" grave by confirming their ignorance or lack of acknowledgment of methods of learning contrary to their own.
DAMN

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Nutballa is offline   United_States
      05-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #74
JayKay335i
Banned

Drives: ///M323 DCT

I didn't do shit in college. Didn't pull all nighters either. Still did fine. I work my balls off 7 days a week now and dont sleep the night before finals, and only finals, just out of nerves.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
      05-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #75
TiAg335i
Trance Life

Quote:
Great, good for you.

Damn. I'm sorry you were so butt hurt over what I said. Don't take things so personally, literally and seriously. I was just ranting, nothing more, nothing less. If anything you sound like the douchebag with the insecurities after that thorough response.
      05-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #76
tlav17
First Lieutenant

Drives: '04 Imola Red M3

^^yeah i can't sleep before finals even if i try. too nervous

'04 Imola Red M3

6MT | SSK | ST Coilovers | Apex Arc-8 | Status Gruppe Exhaust
tlav17 is offline   United_States
      05-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #77
JayKay335i
Banned

Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Damn. I'm sorry you were so butt hurt over what I said. Don't take things so personally, literally and seriously. I was just ranting, nothing more, nothing less. If anything you sound like the douchebag with the insecurities after that thorough response.
Dont worry. Hes had a general stick up his ass lately.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
      05-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #78
TiAg335i
Trance Life

Oh yeah, and by the way, your argument is based on the fact that people who pull all nighters get GOOD grades. This isn't true 99% of the time, at least in my experience. These are the same people who cheat during the final, and just 'get by' with barely passing grades. These are also the same people who bitch and moan and beg the professor to not give them a failing grade for the course. With these points in mind, your argument is null and invalid. For you it may apply, but not for the people I've seen and known.
      05-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #79
vioaltec
Sasha Fierce

Drives: 2009 bmw 3 series coupe

Quote:
lol you guys are such drama queens!!!! your way worse than us gay guys...hahahahah
      05-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #80
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Hypocritical post is hypocritical.
      05-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #81
BTM
Banned

Garage List
Quote:
Oh yeah, and by the way, your argument is based on the fact that people who pull all nighters get GOOD grades. This isn't true 99% of the time, at least in my experience. These are the same people who cheat during the final, and just 'get by' with barely passing grades. These are also the same people who bitch and moan and beg the professor to not give them a failing grade for the course. With these points in mind, your argument is null and invalid. For you it may apply, but not for the people I've seen and known.
Yes it is, it's based off doing what works for you. Meaning what works gives you the best grade you can get. Nice made up statistic btw. And nothing you said nullifies my argument, I take it your "difficult" major wasn't logic. Nor was it statistics.

I have had a stick up my ass in OT lately, mostly due to the sheer stupidity of 99% (made up statistic) of the people post here

Last edited by BTM; 05-04-2011 at 08:04 AM.
      05-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #82
BTM
Banned

Garage List
Quote:

I have had a stick up my ass in OT lately, mostly due to the sheer stupidity of 99% (made up statistic) of the people post here
Such as posting something like this:

Quote:
Instead of defending your contention, you resort to putting me down because I thoroughly and honestly responded to your original statement, which was in itself an attempt to prop yourself up while putting others down. That is where I was inferring your insecurities from.
      05-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #83
TiAg335i
Trance Life

^^

Whatever bro. You sound delusional/slightly crazy. I don't have the desire to argue with a delusional and/or crazy person.
      05-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #84
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo

^you guys are funny. Perfect distraction from finals stress that I needed.
      05-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #85
gtrokin330
Brigadier General

Drives: TT

was in the library yesterday for a straight 12 hours working on a feasibility study, studying for a calculus final, reading some good ole' socrates and doing a paper on China's rapidly growing cross-border acquisitions. For some reason i think i was talking about the profitability and growth of the construction industry in my sleep, ha.
      05-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #86
BTM
Banned

Garage List
Quote:
^^

Whatever bro. You sound delusional/slightly crazy. I don't have the desire to argue with a delusional and/or crazy person.
Pot meet kettle, bro.
      05-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #87
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender

FATALITY

BTM wins
      05-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #88
silvergray545
Skittles

Drives: E60 545i Sport

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
FATALITY

BTM wins

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon